Shinisei (2e, Generating...)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Shinisei (2e, Generating...)

Postby zeone3000 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:17 pm

For the New Year, using MnM 2e, I'm aiming to create a high fantasy world with mecha. The sub-genre being Arcanepunk, analogous to such worlds as Ivalice and Azaroth. As such, different races, magic and technology coexist and mingle.

The mecha themselves were reversed engineered from ancient ones found deep in the planet's crust. They are not so numerous where hundred will storm a battlefield or all too common on any battlefield. Though, any major conflict will see them present on the battlefield.

Magic is an umbrella term used by the uniformed that covers everything possible by Isei. Isei is a gift from the heavens. The power to shape destiny. While everything posses Isei (Power), not everything knows how to use it.

The races consist of your standard fantasy affair with unknown races residing in secret across the globe.

Technology is much like that of Ivalice, airships, guns, etc.

Characters can be of a wide assortment, from an adventure, airship pirate, knight, mage, martial artist, royalty, scientist, scholas and the list goes on.

The tone of the game is definitely shounen with action, adventure, dramedy and exploration. There are secrets and mysterious of the world to find. The major one being where did these machines of such vast power originate from? And where did the people who built them go?

These are just tips of the icebergs floating around in the ocean of my thoughts.

Thank you for time and possibly interest.
Last edited by zeone3000 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: Fantasy Mecha (2e, Interest)

Postby jemal » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:46 am

high-fantasy/mecha/shounen style game? I'd definitely be interested. Been waiting for something that would be a good fit for my spell-sword/fighter-mage style character.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Seems like it could be interesting. Standard Mecha rules? And I assume that the mechas would be built as devices, not equipment, right?

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby metool2 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Im voicing an interest atleast, the concept has spawned some ideas Id like to flesh out and see how it would go storywise... Not to mention having to actually build out the mechas.
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:00 pm

I'm definitely interested but I'd like to hear some more details, mechanics-wise.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:49 am

Yes, more details would be welcome.
I'm particularily curious about how the Mecha factor in. I can't tell from your post whether the PC's are all mecha pilots (Though it seems not as you mentioned all sorts of character types), or if SOME PCs CAN be mechas (Making them the equivalent of other PC super powers?), or if the Mecha's are a super-weapon beyond even the scope of the PC's powers.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:44 am

Ooh, I can be an airship captain! Raise the anchor! Lower the sails! Take the full wind! Scrub the poop deck! Let's get this ship a-going with interest!

P.S. Interested.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Insurgent Phoenix
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Insurgent Phoenix » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 am

I've been itching to use my copy of Mecha and Manga for quite some time, now. How does a pretty-boy elf piloting a Mecha grown from a cutting of the world's largest tree sound? Nature-Mecha, as far as I'm aware, don't get much air-time.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Interested, and mirroring Jemal's questions- are we all to be mecha pilots? And if not, will there be balance for those who aren't?

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:54 pm

jemal wrote:Yes, more details would be welcome.
I'm particularily curious about how the Mecha factor in. I can't tell from your post whether the PC's are all mecha pilots (Though it seems not as you mentioned all sorts of character types), or if SOME PCs CAN be mechas (Making them the equivalent of other PC super powers?), or if the Mecha's are a super-weapon beyond even the scope of the PC's powers.

Crazyivan777 wrote:Interested, and mirroring Jemal's questions- are we all to be mecha pilots? And if not, will there be balance for those who aren't?

Ideally yes, but it doesn't have to be from the start.

FuzzyBoots wrote:Seems like it could be interesting. Standard Mecha rules? And I assume that the mechas would be built as devices, not equipment, right?

Yes and yes.

This is a not completed concept by any means. I just wanted to see if it be worth my time to continue the process before continuing.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Interest!

(And I'm already thinking something either very fast-moving, or a generalized 'support' mecha.)

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:35 am

Interested. Not sure I've got time, but interested.

Seconding the question of Devices or powers. I had ... one could call it luck... with robot as alternate form, though I think for a lower power/Non-supers campaign that might end up a tad broken, as in 2E the amount of points saved by extra time can allow for brokenly powerful mecha.

Other question would be, "realistic" mecha or super robot?

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 pm

Sounds intersting so for mecha are we going Escoflowne style, Rayearth, Voltron ah soo many ideas and only one concept to make
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:09 am

Gundam?
Battletech?

.. transformers?

And I count 9 interested parties, I think you should be good to go. :)

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:22 am

I'm kinda interest but want to know more.
    Insert witty comment here.

Return to “M&M Game Room”