Marvel/DCU crossover: The Rift (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Marvel/DCU crossover: The Rift (3e Recruiting One)

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:19 pm

That's a real shame but as always, rl takes precedence. It was great to have you.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:18 am

That basically means that we have another spot open. From what I have seen, I can already say that Martyr is definitely in.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 am

Neo-Paladin wrote:That basically means that we have another spot open. From what I have seen, I can already say that Martyr is definitely in.

Awesome! Should I go ahead and roll her initiative or wait?
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:01 pm

So would Wolverine fit in this group? Or maybe a Spiderman build?
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm

Both would be fine. And yes, please roll Martyr's initiative.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Initiative for Martyr 1d20+8=24
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Wolverine's background and Build in already in the thread. Let me know what you think.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Can you put up a link to it, please?

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:56 am

jemal wrote:
Evolución wrote: Powers ( 30 pp)
- Bend water ( Element control 10 : Water ) · 20 point/s

I assume this is move object, perception range, limited: Water?

- Dehydrate ( AP: Affliction : Perception area, Limited degree, Extra condition 1: Vulnerable and Dazed 2: Defenseless and stunned, resisted by fort. Linked (Unnarmed attack) ) · 1 point/s

First:
Why Perception Area? Which sense is this affecting?
Or is it Perception Ranged, AND Area?
They're very different things:
-Perception area is an attack that's based off of being perceived (Such as a sound burst based on hearing, or a Flash attack based off sight, etc), and it changes the dodge check to be all or nothing rather than save for half effect.
-Perception Ranged + Area is more costly, it still uses the regular area size (burst, cone, etc), allowing you to place the area anywhere you can perceive, and removes the dodge check altogether. Anyone within the area is just auto-hit and makes the effect save.

Second:
Keep in mind that if this is linked to your unarmed attack you won't be Able to use Unarmed attack when you're on another part of the array. (Linked effects can ONLY be used together, anything that prevents you from using one (such as not having it available on your array) prevents you from using both.
Linked effects as part of an array are usually reserved for linking the ARRAY itself to an attack, for a variety of special secondary effects.

Third: For attacks to be linked, they need to have the same range. If you want to link something to your unarmed strike, it has to be close range.

This attack is a bit strange as is : You punch someone and this activates an effect that either:
A) Drains the water from everyone who can see you
or
B) Drains the water from everyone within 30'(Assuming burst) of a point in space you can see.

It would make a lot more sense to just have the dehydrate be a close range affliction linked to unarmed (You grab someone and dehydrate them),
EX: Dehydrate: Affliction 10 (Close, Extra Condition): Vulnerable & Dazed; Defenseless & Stunned;Incapacitated. Resisted by fort Linked: Unarmed attack

though it still would have the Linked problem.

- Water eye ( AP: Sense : Accurate, Counters all concealment, Distance sense, Extended 2, Radius. Senses water bodies of more than 5 lts ) · 1 point/s

I presume the base sense is something like 'detect water'?

- Water bubble ( AP: Affliction : Perception area. 1: Hindered 2: Immobile 3: Paralyzed, Resisted by fort. Linked (Tidal wave) ) · 1 point/s
- Arctic Flood ( AP: Environment : Impede movement 2 ranks, Visibility -5, Cold. Linked (Tidal wave) ) · 1 point/s
- Tidal wave ( AP: Damage : Cone area, Linked (Arctic flood and Water bubble)) · 1 point/s

Alternate powers can not be linked to each other since by definition they cannot be used at the same time. Also, for Water Bubble, see my perception area comment on Dehydrate.

Advantages ( 16 pp)
All out attack 1 , Chokehold 1 , Diehard 1 , Improved aim 1 , Fastgrab 1 , Evasion 2 , Favoured environment (Cold) 1 , Imp. Grab 1 , Move by action 1 , Imp. Hold 1 , Imp. Initiative 1 , Power attack 1 , Precise attack (Ranged, cover concealm) 2 , Trance 1.

It's the GM's call, but the example favoured environments list 'EXTREME heat or cold'.. regular 'cold' is too common, so the benefit would only apply in areas like 'arctic winter storms'

Skills ( 28 pp)
Acrobatics 10 (+ 20 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 6 (+ 16 ), Expertise( Explosives ) 10 (+ 20 ), Insight 10 (+ 20 ), Treatment 0 (+ 3 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 3 ), Close (unarmed) 0 (+ 10 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Ranged combat (Throw) 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 10 (+ 20 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 3 ), Stealth 10 (+ 20 ).

Expertise is int based, so it should only be +13, and if it's meant to be +20.. why is he a legendary explosives master?
Also: Investigation, Treatment, Technology, and Sleight of Hand are trained only. Since you don't have jack of all trades listing them on her is pointless since you can't use them.

Defence ( 0 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Dodge: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Toughness: Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Fortitude: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Will: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10

Amusingly you didn't even list where you DO get the bonus from each of them from (Abilities), you just list all the things that DON'T add..
Personally instead of all that I would've just listed "Parry: +10 from fighting = 10." etc, rather than listing all the zeros.

Holy, ok, I'll revise. Seems I was too drunk when I made this one.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:14 am

I think I fixed the important stuff with Mnut, take a looky.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:25 am

Hopefully it's OK if Phyla brings the Guardians with her.
Builds

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:49 pm

I see that you've already accepted a person or two, but if you are still recruiting then I would like to throw in Spider-Man for consideration.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Looks like alot of people are joining the party in the Watch Tower :twisted:

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:05 pm

Shadow13 wrote:Looks like alot of people are joining the party in the Watch Tower :twisted:

Phyla can function fine in space but I figured we could use more people inside at the moment. And it was an excuse to have Rocket show up with her. Plus, now she's where someone could say "gee it would be great if someone had black lantern energy to hit these guys with..."
Builds

Return to “M&M Game Room”