Putting feelers out

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Putting feelers out

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 am

Hound wrote:that's great guys, but again, this is more of a political intrigue game. Less of a... I'm a throw a fireball at you.

Well, elemental magic is a strong and classic part of the setting. And my proposed character is skilled in many courtly endeavors:

Deception 2 (+6), Expertise: Courtier 4 (+8),..., Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+8), ...
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:55 am

Aha! I remembered a concept I've been wanting to play for a while: a martial arts detective!

"See the angle of the cut? See how deep it is? This is typical of the basic Akodo techniques, but then note how the cut was reversed; this is a personal style. We're looking for a an ex-Lion ronin."

:)

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:00 pm

God the ideas won't stop flowing here... So many things I can do...

To avoid conflict I won't institute any sort of economics system. I'll leave that sort of stuff "loosey goosey"

Still working, not recruiting yet, but if you want to play, if you can write a 1 or 2 paragraph summary about what kind of character you want, general personality, arch type.

For example

I want to do a Scorpion Ninja, who disguises himself as a "butler" to the Lord. Only a 1 or 2 people beyond the lord knew of his true nature, as such things are quite dishonorable and is not openly acknowledged. He is a serious quite type, who takes his Butler role as serious as his Ninja training.

Or

A crane samurai with a high dueling skill, however his greatest skill might be his ability to play the Shamisen. At most every feast, celebration, or welcoming, he honor the noble guests with great songs of their clans.

also... feel free to use parts of my examples.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:02 pm

Coyotzin wrote:Aha! I remembered a concept I've been wanting to play for a while: a martial arts detective!

"See the angle of the cut? See how deep it is? This is typical of the basic Akodo techniques, but then note how the cut was reversed; this is a personal style. We're looking for a an ex-Lion ronin."

:)

So a Monk with high investigate?

Also note, that it would make sense that there is a separate expertise for each individual school. You can take a "broad" expertise so you know the basics of all the schools, but it won't be too indepth
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Hound wrote:
I want to do a Scorpion Ninja, who disguises himself as a "butler" to the Lord. Only a 1 or 2 people beyond the lord knew of his true nature, as such things are quite dishonorable and is not openly acknowledged. He is a serious quite type, who takes his Butler role as serious as his Ninja training.

Mind if I use this idea? For I had a rough build (just in case this gets into recruiting) and have been figuring out more of the fluff for him. With this, I can narrow down his build to be more focused than what I have him originally.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Xerokhan, you're a good and quick poster, you've never let me down in game, but I can not PROMISE to anyone that why will get this character, but you CAN apply with it, and I hope you do when I open recruiting.

Not sure. When

Trying to get my MMO Game up off the ground...
My Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:21 pm

My Characters

Return to “M&M Game Room”