Demon Hunters [Interest for the new year]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Demon Hunters [Interest for the new year]

Postby EPIC » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, I've been hit with the inspiration to try and run a game here again.

Unlike my usual complicated premises that are generally involved and particular about characters, this one is simple. Demon Hunters.

The world is similar in setting to that of Sanctuary, the world of the Diablo series. Dark ages as a base with magic and some limited level of technology thrown in to spice things up. In leaving .

The game will be dark, iron age-y and mature. I plan for there to be related plots more than just monster of the week. Recurring foes and NPCs, possibly with world saving arcs, because why not?

Interested? Questions?

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Demon Hunters [Interest for the new year]

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Very much interested :)

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:54 pm

You have my attention.
Impeach the peach!

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Sounds interesting, looking forward to hearing more details.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Aerlwyn wrote:Sounds interesting, looking forward to hearing more details.

I am fielding questions if there are any

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Edition? PL?

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm

I really only play 3E anymore, so that's a thing.

For pl, I'll open it up to popular vote when this shifts to recruitment. Thinking somewhere between 5 and 10 deoending on how dynamic or gritty potential players want to go or specific base plot (ie: if you are rookies, then lower pl makes sense)

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Just bumping this up.

Any more interest? Or question? I'm answering questions too.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Yes interest- so many cool new game ideas coming out getting hard to pick between them.

Even thinking of brushing off a character from a former game that might be a better fit than the original game.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:28 pm

It might, depending on the plot angle we go with! And it's build cost/pl and stuff

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:16 am

Depending on time with holidays coming up, I'd submit a character for this.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:44 pm

I have an idea for this game, just need to type out my thoughts in a readable format.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Epic here is the template which I feel would work for the world your wanting to create. It's a teaser clip from the Witcher game based off of some very good novels. I beleive this type of charecter would work well in the game.

http://youtu.be/JUqpzbvJ7ts
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:14 pm

whiteprofit wrote:Depending on time with holidays coming up, I'd submit a character for this.

The idea is to run recruitment during and past the new years, since I know time is tight for a lot of people right sound now.

For everyone interested though, I think there is enough interest to go ahead and pitch ideas.

Here is where we stand. There are a fee different ways I can go about this game.

The characters can be whatever sort of skill level in terms of experience, rookies, veterans, what have you.
Or they could all be the same skill level of experiences, be it rookie or veterans or whatever

If they are rookies, they will probably be in the final stages if training to start off, have a senior mentor and stuff like that. It will probably be a little more character focused than some other angles.

If they are all veterans, they'll obviously be fighting bigger game, more dangerous situations and so on.

In both cases I have ideas door recurring villains and plot stuff, but I kinds want to whatnot. at you want to do a players.

A) Free style - everyone just build a character of whatever experience level and all band together and make it work. Will probably be the pl options, but not pl buying since it makes no seemed, but lower pl will earn pp faster.

B) Rookies - every one is at the end of their formal training with the hunters. Probably looking at pl 6-7

C) Experienced - you've been around a while, not rookies, but not veterans either, yet. Looking pl 8-9

D) Veterans - You've seen some things. Maybe even brought down an arch demon in your day. Pl 10-11

Another possability is that instead of different pls, I give different pp pools so options b - d would all be maybe pl 8 but be at different pp builds.

That aside, probably wondering what I'd allowed if any other races. Well, the world should be human superior, other races more reclusive, so it would be a big deal seeing one, especially one working with humans. The hunters will accept any race, including demons as long as certain precautions are taken and satisfied. So in short, you can run any race idea by me.

Magic will be more focused than say.. D&D. It will mainly focus on the movement and transformation of energy and matter. This will prevent it from being an overwhelming force. It's is still powerful, but it cannot do everything.

Deities can be a thing, but they do not play an active role in mortal affairs but will aid their chosen champions, paladins and whatnot. Such characters can perform minor miracles, so called because they can do something's that magic cannot, but not as reliably. This should lean more towards healing and divination.

Other than that, you can ask about other stuff. Remember, this is a dark fantasy world. Not a light one.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Shadow13 wrote:Epic here is the template which I feel would work for the world your wanting to create. It's a teaser clip from the Witcher game based off of some very good novels. I beleive this type of charecter would work well in the game.

http://youtu.be/JUqpzbvJ7ts

The Witcher is a fair example of a dark fantasy world. As is Dishonoured.

Return to “M&M Game Room”