[3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Re: [3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [IC]

Postby The Kryptonian » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Panzer Krieg
Condition: Bruised x2 (-2)
Hero Points: 1>0; Heroic Feat (Extraordinary Effort)

The guy in the cape whipped by Babylon at about Mach 2, and looked to have hit him hard enough to crack a Khorbium shell. Good job, hero! Then the light show started. Dead man switch hologram? Side show theatrics? Or the real deal? Well, those ... thingies ... had chewed up the mech unit pretty good, so Erik discounted the theatrics theory.

"Alright E.D.I. the lightshow and the cape down there took out Babylon, so lets see if we can lend more assistance with the other thingies ... something bad looks like it's going to happen!" As he hit the top of the climb, he felt a moment of negative gravity, and then punched it back towards the bridge. "Erik, shall I configure sensors to analyze energy release and anomoly?" Erik almost smiled as he manuevered the unit in it's power dive towards the bridge. "Nah, your going to be plenty busy picking me an attack vector where we can pick off the most ... thingies ... with a strafing run!"

As the Golden Gate Bridge rushed up to meet them, the air brakes and control surfaces diffused the silhouette of the 4 meter armored giant screaming through the atmosphere, almost glowing from re-entry. "EDI, reverse thrusters now! Prime plasma emitters! The whine of the systems around him, the mechanical sounds of the emitter housings retracting and the soft voice of E.D.I. droning Target Locked, Target Locked was like music to Erik's ears. The bridge scene flew beneath him as he weaved through suspension cables, support towers ... Target Locked, Target Locked.

Hero Point for Extra Ordinary Effort, allowing Two uses of Extra Effort, I am power stunting my Sustained Plasma Stream, to a similar effect Removing the 10 ranks of Penetrating for +1 Ranged, changing the AE to Burst rather than Line, Removing Secondary Effect for a 2nd rank of AE Burst, making it 120' radius, adding Vulnerable for -1/R, and balancing that with +1/r Selective. Making it a 120' Radius Area Burst Selective Blast, and using my 2nd instance of Extra Effort to expand that to Blast 11. For a total of Dodge Check DC 21, successful, Toughness Check DC 21, failed Dodge is Toughness Check DC 26. And base Flight 6 with Move by Action to move him out of melee range of the Demon thingies.
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:55 pm

The zombies and demons aren't moving, so as long as you have DC 27 damage they break apart. The pieces still continue to glow...

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Adam II
HP: 2
Condition: Thinking man

Adam crouched down on top of a car. The impact hed laid into the massive Golem had been effective though not as much as he'd hoped. Still one of the other heroes had walloped the Fiend and seemingly unleashed something worse.

He looked at the "things" as they glowed and came to an inescapable conclusion. Namely that nothing good was happening here and it was only getting worse. It was fascinating really, he was fairly certain He'd survive the conflagration though quite a few others wouldn't.

He wondered what this would feel like, he had ""died""" before but didn't remember it. hell he wasn't even certain that he was alive as it was, so whether he could actually "die" was an equally intriguing thought in and of it self.

Little introspection on Adams part as frankly I have no clue what to do. Hope our sorceress has some ideas,

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:00 am

Carmen, the Dead Girl
HP: 1
Condition: Bearer of Bad News

Carmen zooms down to the skull in the intent to catch it but is too slow to do so. Nevertheless, she has more important problems to worry about. Zombies. Demons. Demon Zombies? Sure whatever. Her mystic senses are picking up some kind of deadly disturbance. Unfortunately The Host cannot define what it is other than DARK. Her magical knowledge, however, picks up exactly what it's going to do. "Don't do that," she screams out to the heroes attacking the the potential dark bombs, "they're explosive in a worse way than fire!"
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
- Niccolò Machiavelli

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:15 am

Archon
HP: 4

"Wait, what?" Archon said, wheeling about as he heard the girl in the dark dresses' words. She had been throwing around some manner of superpower before, so she probably knew what she was talking about. But Archon was a bit incredulous. Glowing meant dangerous?

Wait a second. Wasn't that one of the most common parts of the comics? That glowing stuff tended to be dangerous or at least very mysterious? Hell, at times even Archon's pyschokineticism cause a glow, and that packed a wallop!

"Ok, so assuming you're right. Then what in the world do we do? Throw them all in the water? I could probably get them all in the water..."

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:15 am

Eric Erickson
HP: 1. Condition: Normal.

Eric had arrived just in the nick of time to hear something about corpses being worse then fire in regards to their explosive properties. He did have an idea, hoping he had the focus for it.

In truth, his cables were stored in his body as thousands of extremely thin wires, coming together like the strands of a muscle, but he could separate them. It was rather painful to Eric. Each one of them rushed out to form binding containers around the glowing creatures and their discarded pieces that he could see. Then he throws both hands upwards to send his explosive cargo rocketing into the sky.

Extra Effort for a Power Stunt. Once again taking all my non-permanent Effects to use Create at 10 Ranks, adding on the Perception and Moveable Extras, with the Distracting and Tiring Flaws, which comes to 20 points total. So a Standard Action to use Create to form the object, grabbing as many Zom-Bombs as Eric can see, then a Move Action to get them up into the air as high as I can.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Adam II

Adams brief moment of introspection of his mortality came to an end as his exceptionally keen mind finally came to a decision. Scanning the area he decided to make the best of the personnel and resources available. Seeing the cyberneticly enhanced individual using his cables to pick up the bodies and parts he stepped to him with a quick idea in mind.

"That will take too long, work with me here." he said quietly as he leapt to a transit bus where with a simple gesture he ripped the roof away peeling it back like a sardine can.

"All of you gather them into this pile them in quickly." he raised his voice ever so slightly not by much as hed always been a quiet individual but the tone carried enough that it was heard by the others.

Leaping down he landed next to the gothicly dresses young lady. "Can you open a portal to just out side the atmosphere or near the sun or some such?"

time to put the big brain to work :)

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:46 am

Archon
HP: 4

"She may not, but I can certainly throw them about as far." Archon said, smiling at the others' strategy. Now these were the kind of people he would like to work with when he did his heroing stuff. Maybe he could get their numbers or hero ID's or something... particularly that girl with the flaming light powers. He could definitely see himself working with her more often...

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Carmens anger starts boiling over at the continued abuse of the undead. Her eyes go from brown to pure black as a solid black aura spreads out from her body and devours the demons, undead, and little bits of all of them still around the bridge. Rising up supported by the blackness, all of the bits and pieces are tossed into the bus as if they were nothing more than tissue paper being tossed into a waste bin. It would be better to free the undead of the evil influence by fire than to see them fall prey to the whims of an evil necromancer.

Digging deep, she redirects the blackness to form a giant hand. Gripping the bus in the powerful grasp of the hand, she crushes it into a giant ball of soon to explode zombie and demon parts. Pulling back, she lets it fly. The scene is something out of a book where giants are playing base ball with large metal balls. Her target, the sun, doesn't know what is coming its way. All of the magical exertion takes it toll though and causes Carmen to fall to the ground exhausted. Thanks to physics, the metal bus ball keeps flying through the air and explodes in a brilliant flash high above San Fransisco Bay.

On and around the bridge, the survivors stare in awe. When the bus explodes, they erupt in congratulatory cheer for the heroes of the Golden Gate bridge. Police, reporters, and generally everyone else rush the bridge. A few young and fast reporters make it to the heroes first and ask the question that has been asked so many times before after sport teams won championships, "You just saved San Fransisco, what are you going to do next?"

This is the first game I actually got to do a closing post for, it feels strange. If you want y'all can do more posts to answer the reporters and do any final thoughts/actions of your characters

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:27 pm

Adam II

"That will do." the construct said quietly with a hint of a smile. As the explosion occurred overhead Adam used the distraction to quietly slip away. Diving off the bridge and vanishing into the waters of the bay, Powerful strokes of his arms and legs brought him to shore where he made his way up and over to the Park and hence to disappear back into the populace.

He caught a glimpse of the others being interviewed about the rescue and nodded briefly setting their faces and names to memory, They seemed like good people and he would make sure to watch out for them if they needed help again.

Until then though he had his own search to continue. Still he felt...good if the truth be known. The looks on the faces of the officers as he'd placed them on the bridge had been gratifying and he'd carry that memory too for a long time.

The Litterbox

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Eric Erickson

For a few moments, Eric has no idea what to say. He had been on his way to work before this. And it would be the first time in a long time he'd ever been late for his duties. But...

"Actually, I'm taking the rest of the day off. Later."

Off he goes, swinging like a cybernetic Tarzan, wondering how long it'll take to get this costume off.

You did good Mister Erickson. I'll need your services again in the future.

Crap. This felt like the beginning of a very long partnership with the not-so-good Doctor.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Archon

Archon stared at the woman flinging the bus into the sun. He let out a low whistle at the feat of supernatural power. He stood - or rather, floated - there, staring at the slowly shrinking bus, his senses letting him seem it go farther than any other could see, and knew that the explosion would likely be magnificent.

It was. And that distracted him long enough for the media circus to close in. He grimaced, and noticed the other heroes making their get-away from the news hounds. Archon smirked at their response, and knew that some one would have to deal with the news people. But... he didn't want to be the one to do that. He still had sight seeing to do. And he hoped to see a certain someone a bit more in the future as well. She had been 'dazzling' in the fight, and Archon was intrigued. The fact that the woman was also very pretty herself was even more enticing.

Archon floated lower to the growing crowd or reporters, and said, "This is what we do. And I'm betting the rest of us are going to be doing it many more times... And the name is Archon, if you wanted to know." Then with a smile for the cameras, Archon lifted high into the air, spiraling in his lazy glide towards the fair heroine Radiance, and asked the dazzling beauty, "So... team up was fun. Do you wanna, I dunno, grab a coffee or something sometime?" He gave her a sincere smile.

Return to “M&M Game Room”