[3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Re: [3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [IC]

Postby The Kryptonian » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Panzer Krieg
Condition: Normal
Hero Points: 1

While not explicitly stated in my opening post, Panzer's Arrays & Variable are set as follows while enroute. His Fusion Reactor System is set to Slot 4 (Additional Flight, Environmental Adaption & Searchlights, External Speakers), while his Sensor Array is set to Optical Recognition & Range Finder ( Senses 5: (Distance Sense, Extended: x100 (Vision), Low-light Vision, Ultravision).

"Holy Christ E.D.I.?!? Can you explain what we're seeing without using the words Zombie Apocolypse!?!" Erik slipped through the suspension cables as he roared over the scene, passing over the bridge before turning, throttling back on the plasma, and assessing the situation. Several independants had already arrived. E.D.I.'s cool, analytical voice echoed through the cabin, "Humanoid hostiles, exhibit increasingly aggressive behaviour, civilian losses currently mitigated by unidentified metahuman involvement." His optics picked up the the mastermind, Babylon, monologing atop a twenty foot tall living statue, the guy with the 'A' caught a car that a couple ... things ... were about to push over the edge, then blasted them to powder, a guy in an overcoat landed with a crunch on a car hood after a jump of about 40 feet, moving towards a trapped van, some lady in a tight white outfit ... Focus Erik! ... just blasted some other ... things ... away from the a weakened suspension cable. SWAT on the other end of the bridge, almost two klicks, looked like they could use some help but were holding it together. All right then Tanker.

"Officers," the external loud speakers cut through the chaos, "Check your fire, keep the civilians back incoming barricade." With that Erik transferred power from his plasma systems, and felt the deep vibrations as the plasma infused the myomer bundles in the Panzer. "Erik, that tanker is leaking fuel, stray fire, ricochets or any significant energy output could ignite it."

"Yeah, we'll be careful, lets hope the other guys realize that as well." Then again over the loud speaker, "10-4 Big Buddy, I got your back!" With that 4 meters, and almost 2 tons of Khorbium Alloy set down beside the trucker, huge articulated hands grasping the vehicles axle, "Hold on, there's an external ladder on my left shoulder!" As soon as he registered the startled trucker grasping the rung, he made a controlled plasma assisted leap, landing in front of the police, placing the truck down to act as a make shift barricade between the two cops, the innocents they were protecting and the ... things ... that were racing down on them.

Using Move By Action to scout the bridge with a fly by and return to the tanker, a Free Action to Switch my Array from Flight & Associated Effects, to Strength, for a total of 11 Strength & Power Lifting 4, which should give me more than enough Strength to carry the driver, and his truck to the police protecting the wounded and elderly, place the barricade in front of them and land in front of that to give the zombies something to chew on. Assuming that carrying the truck & driver is my Standard actions that is it for me, and I hope Adam II can make it to the van :shock:
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Up Now: Carmen 16

Up Next:
Babylon 11
Adam II 6

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 am

Radiance
Condition: -1 Toughness
HP: 1, LP: 2

Radiance swooped to avoid the gouts of fire breathed at her, but they overlapped to a degree and she was trapped. Since her costume was but a trick of the light, it remained unharmed and did not show the angry red of the burn across her back. She stifled a scream and only glared at the "man" responsible.

Dodge check (DC 15) (1d20+8=25, 1d20+8=21) both passed for half damage
Toughness checks (DC 17) (1d20+12=14, 1d20+12=19) failed one degree: -1 Toughness; passed
IC giveth, and IC taketh away

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Carmen, the Dead Girl
HP: 1 -> 0
Condition: Boiling

In all the ensuing chaos of zombies and rescues, there is one thought on Carmen's mind. Take out the leader and these zombies will be no more. The one giggling like a loon would feel her golden wrath. She makes a beeline for the madman. "Tell me, necromancer," she shouts in anger, "do you think your little hysterics would go unpunished?" She has to keep talking, else her anger will consume her. "These zombies are people's mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends," every relation she mentions is followed by a golden blast of light.

Using her Blast to attack the necromancer

1d20+8=16

spending a HP to reroll

1d20+8=12

So, 22 to hit, DC27 if that hits
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
- Niccolò Machiavelli

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Babylon

Babylon DC 27 Toughness (1d20+18=34) I made a typo in IC, it should have been +16

Babylon laughs at the puny attempt to hurt him that just bounces off. "These zombies are my soldiers and canon fodder whose only purpose is to show the world my greatness to tremble and bow to. You will make an excellent addition as a foot stool for my hell hounds to sleep on when they are being punished. For now, you are too insignificant to even warrant my valuable attention.", he cackles before turning his attention to the leaking fuel truck. "With a point of my finger I can do more than you will ever achieve in whole life!", he screams. His finger points at the fuel truck causing a quick succession of blasts from the eyes of the golem. One of the blasts hits the leaking fuel and causes a fire that rapidly causes the fuel truck to explode. Shrapnel from the blast flies back and pin a helpless elderly couple with three zombies turning their head and taking notice. All of the cops holding the line and people fleeing close to them are buried under a large piece of the side of the truck that landed on them. On top of that, the fire is still raging cutting off reinforcements and an escape route.

Panzer Krieg takes area damage 5 fire damage and has his vision obscured by smoke.

Up Now: Adam II

Up Next:
Eric Erickson 26
Radiance 22
Archon 20
Zombies and Demons 19
Panzer Krieg 18
Carmen 16
Babylon 11

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Adam II
HP: 1
Condition: in action

Adam rushed forward only to be slowed marginally by the explosion of the tanker truck. He shook his head briefly it seemed he was on the slow side today--maybe should have had that donut-- he smirked a bit at his self depreciating bit of humor before acting.

Leaping from car to car as needed he landed near the large piece of former semi and with a mild grunt of effort only needed because of the awkward shape rather then the weight. He lifted the large piece of metal, and then a brilliant thought ran through his mind.

"Well two birds, one stone."

Hefting the large slab of metal he tossed it in such a fashion that it slammed down on top of the wall of fire creating a break in the flames and a bridge that would allow others to escape.

So basic actions should be simple enough.

lift the side of the truck off the people trapped

toss it in such a fashion it creates a bridge over the fire making an exit for the people who need to escape, and allowing reinforcements.

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Up Now: Eric Erickson 26

Up Next:
Radiance 22
Archon 20
Zombies and Demons 19
Panzer Krieg 18
Carmen 16
Babylon 11

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Eric Erickson
HP: 1. Conditions: None.

This seems to be getting worse by the second, thinks Eric as the tank truck explodes. He lands atop of the van with a half dozen civilians inside, the unconscious man still on his shoulder, and his one free arm thrusts out towards the zombies. The cable loops around each one of them several times to bind such foul beings. Winding itself tighter and tighter as before jamming it's tip into the solid concrete to gain a good anchor point.

One moment passes before Eric retracts the cable, the point clinging to the road, putting tremendous pressure upon each rotting corpse as their prisons get a whole lot smaller in that moment, crushing them with a force that could warp solid steel.

Should he deal with the danger so easily, he taps on the window and tries to get the people inside to take in his rescued civilian, figuring this place was safe enough for the moment. His mind already on a way to get those demons off of the support cables faster. Nothing he was doing would matter if the ground gives out beneath his feet.

Power Stunting to create an Alternate Effect of Eric's Strength Damage, including the Smart Cables, giving it the Multiattack Extra in exchange for the Tiring Flaw. He'll then make routine checks on all four zombies. It'll be a total of 16 to hit each one. Eric is currently Fatigued.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Erics taps go unheeded while the people in the van cower near the center of the van.

Up Now: Radiance 22
Up Next:
Archon 20
Zombies and Demons 19
Panzer Krieg 18
Carmen 16
Babylon 11

The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Postby The Kryptonian » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Panzer Krieg
Condition: Dazed & Bruised (-1)
Hero Points: 2

Dodge Save vs Area Damage (DC 15) (1d20+5=7) Well, that is uninspiring. Failure, so full Effect from the Flames. Toughness Check vs the Flames (Toughness DC 20) (1d20+13=14) Wow. It hates me, that's two Degrees, so Bruised & Dazed.

The flames licked over the 4 meter tall armored unit, crackling and hissing as Erik sat motionless, inside the cockpit, his vision obscured by the smoke. Stunned by Babylons blazing attack and his own error in judgement.
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Radiance
Condition: -1 Toughness
HP: 1, LP: 2

After watching Babylon shrug off Carmen's attack, Bonnie knew they were up against a foe that was going to require a little team work to bring down. And every second they wasted could prove cataclysmic!

Radiance looked for more cable-chewers and flew to engage them. She hit them with another brilliant blast of the sun.

Another round of Selective Burst Area Damage 8 to target just the demon baddies on the cables.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:52 pm

This time the demons facing the illumination for right of Radiance hits most of the demons in the area and they wither to black dust into the winds. Several more areas of the bridge are still being nibbled on by the demons though.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Archon
HP: 4? -> 3?

Archon put an arm before his eyes as the tanker blew, moving to protect the people inside the car. As he stared in shock at the blown fuel tanker, Archon's heart burned with righteous fury, lending him new strength. Dragging the car from the edge, Archon grabbed the entire car, and with a single lift, brought it over his head. Then with a short kneel, he leaped from the bridge, surging over the mass hysteria in a single bound. As he brought the terrified mother and her children to bare, he landed with not a thud, a wave of air crashing about instead as he landed with like a feather. Putting the car down in the relative safety of Golden Gate Park, he saluted to the children inside who gawked at the superhero just outside the window, then in a flash was zooming off again, barreling through zombies and demons alike as he fought to blast through any foe in his way as he surged towards the elderly couple and the others trapped under the rubble, keeping them off of any zombie or demon that might seek them harm with mighty punches and blasts of psychokinetic energy from his hands.

OOC wrote:Ok, so Move Action to get the car of people Archon just saved last round to safety (not sure if I have 4 HP or not right now), then Charge to get back into action and use Takedown 2 to full effect with his Psychoforce. So, charging puts him at -2 to attack, and I think I'll try my luck at rolling my Takedown 2 attack check: Attack 1d20+8-2 = 20 Nice. So, that's a 20 to hit and using Take Down 2 and Move By Action to get to the elderly people and others trapped by all that rubble and get rid of as many zombies or demons on the way as possible, with DC 27 Toughness saves for those zombie/demon minions hit by the super-speeding paragon with psycho-energy blasts.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:07 am

Zombies and Demons
I did the rolls and for brevity sake won't list them here, but roughly 40 zombies were taken out before one rolled a 20.

Archon tears a streak through the zombies and blats them into little pieces and clears a 40 foot area around the trapped couple. Unfortunately, more of the infected start to rise and possess the same hungry look as the recently destroyed zombies.

On the other side of the bridge, opposite the exploded fuel tanker, the swat has run out of ammo and one of their members is being devoured as the remaining two try to fight with knives that just serve to make the zombies uglier. A dozen more zombies near the swat see the feast and start making their way to the team. Trying in vain to help their comrades, a helicopter carrying six more swat team members is destroyed by a fire breathing demon. It crashes in the middle of the bridge 400 feet from the golem trapping the wounded swat members.

Along the bridge cables, the remaining demon from Radiance's blast looks extremely irritated. With gnashing teeth he jumps at Radiance and lets another stream of fire out before falling into the water.

Around the mini van, 6 more zombies take notice of the snack and the extra food that just went on top of it. They lunge at the van only serving to rock it. On the side is claw marks from where they tried to tear into the van.

Four demons take notice of Panzer Kriegs metal suit and see an ice cream sunday. They dive off their current snack of metal cables and try to take a bite out of the wounded Panzer Krieg.

Radiance has one attack of area damage 5.
Penetrating Damage 5 attacks (1d20+5=22, 1d20+5=18, 1d20+5=6, 1d20+5=16) on Panzer Krieg

Up Now: Panzer Krieg 18
Up Next:
Carmen 16
Babylon 11
Adam II

The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Postby The Kryptonian » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:36 am

Panzer Krieg
Condition: Bruised (-1)
Hero Points: 2

Dammit EDI, I need some help here!" Erik slammed his fist against his console in frustration, the units internal temperature had spiked with the spalsh of fuel that was now burning across the Khorbium alloy exterior of the giant mecha unit. The flames and smoke obscured his canopy, and his optical efficiency was less than helpful. Still he could make out the forms of the ... ugly things ... leaping towards him through the smoke and flame. Sweat dripped down his face as he braced for impact.

"Warning, internal temperatures spiking to high tolerable levels, as power is being re-routed to external nanite repair factories, myomer mobility to be restored in seven seconds." Albrecht grinned, as he steeled himself for what was to follow, how he would receive the onslaught would determine whether he'd be a hero ... or a casuality.

Dazed, No Actions this turn, but no longer dazed at the end! YAY! Retains full Dodge bonus against the hurty demon ... thingies! Lets hope the dice roller no longer hates!

Return to “M&M Game Room”