Lockdown Campaign? [Looking for GM and Players]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Lockdown Campaign? [Looking for GM and Players]

Postby Sriseru » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:46 am

I read this article on Cracked the other day and it made me want to play a campaign wherein you take the roles of supervillain prisoners.

M&M was the first RPG system I learnt and played, and Lockdown was one of the very first M&M sourcebooks I bought. Ever since I got that book, I've wanted to play a game like this. Sadly, due to IRL circumstances, I've never been able to do so with a gaming group, nor have I ever seen this type of game crop up on these boards.

So I wanted to ask, is anyone interested in playing this sort of game and is anyone willing to GM?

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Lockdown Campaign? [Looking for GM and Players]

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Here :)

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm up for gaming. Although I just started GMing face-to-face, I'm not quite ready to take on the GMing responsibilities here on ATT. Maybe someday soon, but not just yet. :)

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:05 pm

We had a fun little game that used the Lockdown setting a while back. Bladewind's Suicide Squad campaign.

TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby TempestII » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Spectrum wrote:We had a fun little game that used the Lockdown setting a while back. Bladewind's Suicide Squad campaign.

That was a jolly fun game.

I've played a magneto-esque character who was sealed in a plastic prison before and it was wonderful fun. It really helps emphasise what a supervillain you are when you're in a position where the authorities are doing whatever is necessary to ensure that you don't escape. (and when you inevitably do, it's a lot of fun as well)

Assuming the authorities don't give you the Garland Greene treatment :P .

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:16 pm

I would love to do Lockdown, but I've already semi-committed to running a different campaign.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 pm

I'd be down for playing. Not GMing though. I have neither the talent or the commitment to run a PbP game.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sriseru » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:49 am

Spectrum wrote:We had a fun little game that used the Lockdown setting a while back. Bladewind's Suicide Squad campaign.

Oh man, I must've missed that one... :(

Oh well. There certainly seems to be an interest for a Lockdown game, now if only we could find a GM...

Return to “M&M Game Room”