The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Postby EPIC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Allyson sighed. "Maybe you're right." Distracted in mid-thought by the new sound, she glances off in the direction of it, looking for its source

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 am

Dr. Milo Whittman
Hp: 2 Condition: Normal

After making sure that the formerly possessed man's life was not in danger, Milo decided to help the nurses with any remaining patients.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Hospital Ward - Milo

Milo was diligent and thorough. The staff responded beautifully and other than the UN delegate, everybody was treated quickly for their minor injuries. He was appraised about Maggie's condition, but she was with Doctor Harris now, and he saw security personnel haul away stone imp statues from Lyta's room.

Further away, Doctor Mente was talking with a boy who'd been a guest of the Foundation for a few months now.

Hospital Ward - Dr. Mente

The boy, whose name was simply filed as Joe Murphy, stared back at Doctor Mente, eyes and expression unreadable, which disconcerted the psychologist somewhat, even if he'd met similar gazes in trauma patients. It wasn't that the eyes were vacant, all the contrary, Dr. Mente had the sensation that something was staring back at him. The boy didn't answer, or reacted to him in any way.

Hospital Ward - The Shield

Lyta nodded slowly at Harry.

"I... I'll take that sedative now..." She whispered, and Jennifer called for the nurse who'd been left in charge of Lyta.

Once Lyta was asleep, Jennifer looked at Harry.

"It's not safe for her to be alone." She spoke quietly. "But I can't stay... I have to look for work, and Donna said I could join the League, but I should talk to Batman about it. Worse come to worse at least I can stay at the Watchtower but... Listen to me, talking about my problems now."

Hospital Ward - Maggie

"Maggie, it's ok." Doctor Harris spoke quietly. Maggie lay seated on a bed as Dr. Harris completed his evaluation. "We have to talk about these episodes. You might be developing a resistance to the procedure, and that worries me, but the readings indicate that it's not generalized; there's a specific part of the brain that's generating a disruption; it might be nothing but the way your powers interact with the procedure, but we need to look on that. Meanwhile, rest; you saved a lot of people today, and you should be proud."

Meeting Room 1 - Toby

Cassandra stared at Toby, who felt as the target of a CT scan. She nodded, then turned towards Tim. The young man simply raised his arms in the air.

"Fine; but I'm going to need my cellphone." He said. "What I have mainly is a list of guests who entered one of the Foundation's branches at three particular points: Moscow, Hong Kong, and San Francisco. One of them was part of a group of prostitutes rescued by Chinese authorities, but they can't figure out who she is, but I found that she's supposed to have died three years ago during a raid at a warehouse the Church of Blood was using as a cult center. I wanted to see your files to check who on that list are still here, who has left, and where."

"The people on the list are American, Chinese, and Russian; and I think the Church is using the Foundation's teleporting infrastructure and privacy policy to smuggle them around the world. But the mystery remains about that woman who was rescued and was supposed to be a dead cultist."

Landing Area - Darklite

Darklite couldn't see anything even if the sound was getting closer. She only saw a couple of dots until they were right there... and the sight boggled her: two women were flying... in a sitting position. To add to her confusion, there was the clear sound of a landing gear touching down, and the women climbed down from sheer nothing.

The women were... impressive. Tall, lithe, powerful, beautiful each in their own ways: the one who took the lead had dark skin and curled black hair tied back in many braids, the other was fair-skinned, with loose light auburn her and an angry scar on her neck. Both wore armor reminiscent of ancient... Greek...

"Lady Phillipus, it is an honor." Loren Jupiter bowed.

"We detected the intrusion and heard the alarm." The dark-skinned woman, the one Jupiter had addressed, nodded. Her eyes studying Darklite. "Rise, Jupiter; Princess Diana speaks highly of your endeavor here, but it seems I was proven right on regards of the attention it would garner. But I see you have proven sensible and chose to have a woman as one of your warriors."

OOC: That's Phillipus of Themyscira, if you hadn't figured it out already :) Second in command to Queen Hyppolita.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:42 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry digs a set of keys out of his pocket and tosses them over to Jennifer, "I've got a big house and lots of spare bedrooms. You're welcome to stay for a couple months while you get your feet back under you."

"Help yourself to what's in the fridge, the washer and dryer are in the basement. Even got a tv for the kids when they visit,"
He hesitates then adds, "Just be careful if you handle my records. They're getting hard to replace."

He looked down at Lyta, "I'll stay here until she wakes up. You go get some rest. It's been a rough day."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Maggie Kale

Coyotzin wrote:Hospital Ward - Maggie

"Maggie, it's ok." Doctor Harris spoke quietly. Maggie lay seated on a bed as Dr. Harris completed his evaluation. "We have to talk about these episodes. You might be developing a resistance to the procedure, and that worries me, but the readings indicate that it's not generalized; there's a specific part of the brain that's generating a disruption; it might be nothing but the way your powers interact with the procedure, but we need to look on that. Meanwhile, rest; you saved a lot of people today, and you should be proud."

Maggie smiled, secure in the assurance from Dr. Harris that she was a 'good girl'.

"I'm certain you will figure it out." she says trustingly.

"Am I cleared to walk around? I wanted to thank Harry for..." she scrunches her eyes, not quite remembering what she needed to thank him for. "I wanted to thank Harry."

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:30 am

Hospital Ward

Dr. Smith was about to add something, but simply smiled at Maggie and nodded.

"Of course; the nurse brought you a change of clothes. I need to talk with Mr. Jupiter now. Take care, Maggie."

And thus Maggie was left to her own devices after.

Not too far, Jennifer smiled and thanked Harry, promising not to touch anything that looked from last century (adding that it was a good thing she could fly...).

OOC: General poke to the players who have some rather plot-relevant information in their scenes...

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:33 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

Harry gave Jennifer a hug and sent her on her way. Then he proceeded to help security quietly remove the petrified imps out of the room before retreating to the bathroom to wash out the cut on his chest with a disinfectant. He also put in a little time making sure it was bandaged simply because he was in the middle of a hospital and he didn't want a doctor seeing the wound and deciding he needed medical attention.

With that all that sorted he sat back down in the seat next to Lyta's bed, and pulled out the newspaper one of the security guards had brought for him. he couldn't help but note that it was a day or two out of date, but at least it would give him something to do while she slept.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Allyson didn't recognize the two women, though the apparently invisible chairs the ladies flew in on did boggle her a bit, but then again, she drove a motorcycle on a solid rainbow, so who was she to judge? Either way, she didn't know them, so it put her on guard. She relaxed more when Jupiter reacted in a welcoming manner to the two. "If you were hoping to get in on some of the action, the fight's long over."

Not even sure their arrival is plot relevant. You never said it was.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Maggie

Only at the mention of clothes does she look down to find half her shirt cut away and clean, white bandages wrapped around her. She frowns at those, curiosity and confusion intermingled. Finally she lets it go. The serenity of her after-treatment was too nice to waste on such things. She changed into fresh clothes and went out into the hospital proper.

After a few moment's of searching she spied Harry in a chair with a newspaper by a sleeping woman's bed.

She approaches quietly, not wanting to disturb the patient.

"She... came in with the green woman, right?" Maggie asks with a hint of recollection.

"A friend of yours?" she asks still bearing that hint of a vacant smile she usually wears after treatment.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

Harry looked up from the newspaper, giving Maggie a smile. He reached out and patted a hair next to him invitingly.

With a quiet voice he said, "In a manner of speaking. I knew their parents back when their parents this young. I knew Jen and Lyta as young girls."

He sighs and looks a Lyta for a moment before turning back to Maggie, "You know how it is."

He smiles, "In this business you have to look out for one another."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Maggie Kale

Maggie nods. It's hard to tell if she's nodding because she understands or if it seems to be the polite thing to do. "Well, I'm sure she's going to be just fine. With doctors like Harris, Milo, and Mente around, how could she not!" she whispers back with the characteristic optimism she's come to be known for around the Foundation.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:47 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

"Indeed," Harry chuckles, "Hard not to feel just a little slow around those three if you catch my drift."

He sighs a little, hoping that Maggie was right in her assessment. If anybody could do it, he thought, it would be them.

"How are you doing, kiddo?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Maggie

"Right as Rain!" she replied in a chipper whisper.
Acid rain.
"Oh, I wanted to thank you for your help today." she waves her hand in a vague gesture.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente AKA Dr. Memor

Postby Evolución » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:27 am

The kid's reaction was odd at best, although nothing he hand't seen before. It was almost as if this kid knew what would happen. And there was that feeling he got when staring at him. He needed a psychic, but there was none at hand now. He would have to try the old fashion way.
"You are one character Joe. Come on, let me take at look at you, and check you are doing alright, hm?" Mente made a tentative attempt to grab the kid's hand, and assess his reaction.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 am

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

Harry chuckles, "Seems to me I ought to be thanking you. You really pulled it together when everything went to pot. You got the civilians to safety and almost stopped the invaders single handily."

Return to “M&M Game Room”