The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Postby Mechmaster » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Dr. Milo Whittman
Hp: 2 Condition: Normal

Milo wiped the sweat off his brow and sighed deeply as he finished treating the various victims of...whatever happened. This had turned out to be a long and weird day. And it seemed like the others were feeling the same way. As Milo was tending to patents, he overheard some of the nurses talking about Maggie being rushed to one of her 'treatment sessions'. He had thought that she looked wiped out after taking out that demon, but he hadn't guessed it was that bad. Milo decided to go check on Maggie, but was sidetracked at the sight of security dragging stone imp statues out of Lyta's room. After making sure everything was ok, he walked to Lyta's room before peeking inside as he heard Maggie and Harry talking.

"Hey, is everything ok in here? I saw the statues and..."" Seeing that Lyta was trying to sleep, Milo lowered his voice to a whisper before continuing. "I'm sorry but what happened? Oh, and how are you feeling Maggie? "

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:17 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

"Doctor Whittmen," Harry inclines his head to the newly arrived man, "I'm afraid Lyta's room wasn't exempt from the latest attack. And apparently either her powers have changed or she's gained new ones. Either way she somehow she turned them to stone."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 am

Maggie

Arkrite wrote: "Seems to me I ought to be thanking you. You really pulled it together when everything went to pot. You got the civilians to safety and almost stopped the invaders single handily."

"Oh, I did?" she says the recollection seeming hazy in her mind.

Dr. Milo wrote:"... Oh, and how are you feeling Maggie? "

After Harry replies she smiles chipperly at the doctor. "Right as Rain. Thanks for asking!" She smiles then seems to realize something... her hands go to her stomach.

"Oh, If you mean the bandages, they seem to be clean. I'm... sore, but I'm sure I'll get better soon. Thank you."

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 am

Hospital Ward

The boy did nothing to prevent Mente to take his hands, other than keep staring at him with his strange and rather unnerving eyes.

He followed Mente, but the psychologist felt a little tug when they passed by Lyta's room. The boy was pointing... which was in itself unusual. But he was pointing at Maggie.

"Doctor Mente!" It was Dr. Harris, hailing him, and not paying much attention to the autistic boy with him. "I was looking for you. I wanted to show you this and ask your opinion."

The experimental neurologist passed Mente a tablet displaying a series of CT scans of Maggie's brain, according to the captions.

"It seems Maggie has trouble remembering the events at the cafeteria today; but nothing in her scan shows that my procedure is affecting her memory centers. But look at this... it's as if she's using her powers unconsciously to stimulate parts of her brain. I... I'm afraid she's developing a psychological dependence to the procedure..."

OOC: The imaging seem to confirm Dr. Harris' suspicion, but Mente won't find out anything else until studying Maggie herself. Also, for the rest, you're doing a fine job RPing among yourselves :)

Landing Area

"Young warrior, if we knew we'd be on time to enter the fight, we'd brought higher numbers." The dark-skinned amazon grinned.

"Ah, how thoughtless of me." Jupiter intervened. "Lady Philippus, this is one of our volunteers; she calls herself Darkllite; it will be her choice if she wants to reveal her true name."

"The name a warrior chooses for herself is as true as any." The amazon nodded and gave Darklite a little bow. "I am Philipus, Chancellor to Queen Hyppolita of Themyscira. This is Penthesilea, my aide."

"Ahem." The amazon called Penthesilea cleared her throat. "I'd like to begin inspecting the damage."

"Of course." Philipus nodded. "Like I said, this project is important for the Princess... but we are concerned about your continued ability to protect it. We should talk, Jupiter."

"Of course." Jupiter nodded, growing a tad more serious. "Miss Val... Darklite, would you be so kind to show Miss Penthesilea the facilities? You were part of the main skirmish, so your account will be valuable as well."

OOC: Your choice as to where to take the amazon, including with other PCs or NPCs. And I never tell the level of importance of any given plot or sub-plot; that's for you guys to figure out, and even then they change depending on your actions ;)

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Allyson refrained from a comment regarding NEEDING more numbers. "Sure. Follow me." She directs the two women to follow her, figuring the best place to start would be the cafeteria area where the fight too place, Penthesilea did say she wanted to assess the damages after all.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 am

"That is unusual indeed. Do you fear her alter ego is using her unconscious to, so to speak, escape the procedure and remain hidden, while she develops a dependency that once terminated would be traumatic enough to make it resurface?" Mente asked. He casually looked down at the boy. Then back at Harris. The other doctor was no stranger to Joe, and would surely understand quickly the oddness of his reaction to Maggie. Silently he noded to Harris, and allowed to boy to approach Lyta's room, still grabbing his hand.

Expertise Medicine on Maggies case: 19

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Re: Dr. DE Mente

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:44 am

Evolución wrote:Expertise Medicine on Maggies case: 19

Coyotzin wrote:
OOC: The imaging seem to confirm Dr. Harris' suspicion, but Mente won't find out anything else until studying Maggie herself.

OOC: Please do read what I write, it's there for a reason... 9_9

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:05 am

Coyotzin wrote:
Evolución wrote:Expertise Medicine on Maggies case: 19

Coyotzin wrote:
OOC: The imaging seem to confirm Dr. Harris' suspicion, but Mente won't find out anything else until studying Maggie herself.

OOC: Please do read what I write, it's there for a reason... 9_9

Sorry, I got the impression that Mente couldn't tell anything else from the imaging, but I was hoping to get a clue integrating it with what Mente already knows of Maggie. I'll get her on the medical table then. Anything on Joe's reaction?

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:37 am

Hospital Ward

The autistic boy entered Lyta's room, his grip on Mente's hand loose and uninterested. He stared at the unconscious woman, then at Maggie. And continued to stare at Maggie.

Halls

The fair-skinned Amazon followed Darklite into the halls, but Philipus stayed behind to talk with Jupiter.

The security guards they encountered outside the cafeteriea were suitably impressed with Darklite's companion, and their attempt to stop them was quickly curtailed by a call into their earpieces, so they let them through.

"Hm." The Amazon looked around, pausing at certain points. "Damage seems to be minor. When our scrying crystals warned of demonic invasion, we feared the worst. Tell me, young warrior, how was the battle?"

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:34 am

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

"One big demonic-looking S.O.B., and a bunch of little ones that just seemed to keep coming out of these portals. We managed to get all non-combatants barricaded away safe right before someone flinched and unleashed a panicked, barely controlled maelstrom of shrapnel through the room. It was fortunate no-one but the bad guys got hurt by it, but the situation was well under control by then..so even perfectly controlled, such a tactic was unnecessary, and it took out the big demon that I'd been fighting the whole time." She mutters this last part, possibly a contributing factor to her irritation with Maggie, though she'd never admit it that way, even to herself. She had been more concerned about a wide-area attack in an enclosed area and that panicked look on Maggie's face during the seemingly endless few seconds that the metal maelstrom actually lasted.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Maggie

Coyotzin wrote:Hospital Ward

The autistic boy entered Lyta's room, his grip on Mente's hand loose and uninterested. He stared at the unconscious woman, then at Maggie. And continued to stare at Maggie.

"Hi there!" Maggie whispers cheerily. "What's your name?"

Or is the boy known around the Foundation?

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. D.E. Mente

Postby Evolución » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:39 am

"Hello Maggie, this is Joe. He seems to like you a lot." Mente said, looking down at the boy, assessing his reactions. "You can go hug her Joe." Mente gives the boy a little nudge forward towards his apparent object of devotion.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Maggie

If Maggie was put off by Dr. Mente offering hugs on her behalf without checking if she, indeed, wanted to give a hug right then, she didn't show it.

Maggie smiles "Certainly, of course. It is a pleasure to meet you Joe. Just hug softly... I have an 'owie'." She says patting her mid section carefully.

She stays put, not making the first move, letting the boy decide if he wanted a hug or not.

Ok. Say ONE more thing like that and I'm going to hurl. That's right, I'll throw up all over the inside of your brain. Good luck cleaning that! maybe if you stuck the hose attachment up your nose...

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Hospital Ward

The boy named Joe simply stared at Maggie, then shook his head.

"Owie not here." He pointed at Maggie's abdomen, then pointed at her head. "Owie here."

He gave Lyta a last glance before simply walking away from the group, making nothing special of the fact that this was the first time anyone present had heard him talk.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:05 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry's eyebrows raise, "Well, I'll be. I didn't know he could talk."

Return to “M&M Game Room”