The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:12 pm

Halls

Penthesilea raised an eyebrow at Darklite's account.

"You describe and judge that last action more than the rest of the battle." She said. "Yet there is little sign of such a destructive effect on the walls or furniture. I can see the shrapnel scattered, but it has nothing but demonic blood in it. This action affected you somehow, for you to lend so much weight to its disadvantages."

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Allyson stops and looks back at the Amazonian guest. "You didn't see the face of the one who made the attack, and I'm starting to think I'm the only one who did. She panicked. The attack was a flinch response and barely controlled. You're right, she DID contain it, but by the looks of her face only barely. She properly had a mental fit of some sort after and is currently in the medical wing I would assume.."
Last edited by EPIC on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Mente was surprised. Actually taken aback by the boy's reaction. "Ah... Ehm... No, that was the first thing I've ever heard him say since I know him." He glances at Maggie and at Dr. Harris. "It would be great if you meet me at my office in a few minutes." Mente asks, and hurries after Joe.
"You spoke! That is amazing. Why don't you tell me your name son?" He asked the boy, enthusiastically. "And what you meant with the Owie on Maggie? What about Lyta, could you tell me where her Owie is? Could you help me help them?
Mente tried his best to persuade the child to speak again.

Persuasion: 17, not good, burning HP for reroll: rolled bellow 10, so I get a +10 to the roll, am I right? it should be a 33 if I'm correct

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Maggie

Her smile... faltered. It came back a few moments later then faltered again.

She looks to Dr. Harris or Harry for clarification. Certainly she would follow Dr. Harris to Dr. Mente's office but she let the uncertainty of the situation dominate her expression.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Cafeteria

"You are correct, I didn't see it. I'm only looking at the evidence." Penthesilea said. "But it seems I am correct too, in my impression that such action affected you somehow, going by the animosity in your words."

The Amazon surveyed the room one last time and nodded to herself.

"Very well, let us see to this individual. If she is dangerous to the Foundation, Lady Philipus should know about it. Take me to your place of healing, please."

Hospital Ward

The boy stared back at Mente and just shrugged, seemingly not interested in speaking again.

Just as the others were following Doctor Harris in catching up with Mente and the strange boy, everyone's heads turned when Darklite arrived, leading a woman who seemed the very definition of "statuesque"; tall, athletic, and dressed as an ancient Greek light warrior, a scar on her face interrupted otherwise smooth skin. To anyone who watched the news, it was obviously clear she was an Amazon, like Wonder Woman, but what she was doing here was anyone's guess.

OOC: And here we are together again. Except Toby, who is frozen in time with Cass and Tim. Evo, keep your HP; Joe's speech is the province of plot-points, foreshadowings and narrative prompts ;)

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Maggie

Maggie, who had been apprehensive upon following the psychologists stopped when she saw a new visitor. Instincts kicked in and she adopts a warm, welcoming smile.

"Hi!" she greets cheerily.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:30 am

Dr. Mente's eyes scrutinize the woman in revealing greek armor, and gulps, his tie making it a difficult job. Joe seems to be much less important now. "Welcome to the Foundation, if you are injured the trauma room is on the other side of the medical ward."

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:32 pm

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Darklite hangs just inside the door, leaning against the frame, as the amazon warrior makes her way into the room and the others greet her. "Everyone, this is Penthesilea. She's having the grand tour, wanted to see the medical wing."

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Dr. Milo Whittman
Hp: 2 Condition: Normal

Milo was surprised as the autistic boy sudden spoke his first words, at least any that he had heard. He was about to try talking to the now silent boy, when Darklite entered the medical wing with a warrior-like woman following her. Not knowing the proper etiquette, Milo simply bowed for the amazon before greeting her.

"H-hello, I am Dr. Milo Whittman. I'm one of the attending Physicians here. Is there anything you need?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Maggie

She stepped up as well, all smiles.

"What a beautiful name! Please, call me Maggie."

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Hospital Ward

The Amazon nodded at the various greetings and paid no mind to Joe. The child reciprocated and just kept walking away from the group as they stopped to greet the visitor.

Since Milo had stepped forward in a more or less official manner, Penthesilea addressed him after returning Maggie's comment with a slight smile.

"I am surveying the damage done by the incursion you just suffered." She said. "I am told the large attack unleashed in the dining area was barely controlled and reckless. I am here to assess if it poses a risk for the Foundation, but it will be up to the Lady Phillippus to decide upon a final course of action."

"Well, then..." She looks at Milo as she was trying to pierce his skull with her eyes. "Who was the individual responsible?"

OOC: Note to self: Remember to click on "Submit" before leaving to do something else...

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:23 pm

"Apologies, lady Penthesilea, I'm Dr. Daniel Mente, in charge of the psychiatric ward. For what I've heard it was Maggie who defeated the monster. She is recuperating from post-traumatic shock at the moment, and disturbing her wouldn't be advisable." Mente interjects, side glancing Milo. If she thinks he's in charge, Milo will have to reassure her.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Code: Select all

[Ummm.... Maggie is right there.  Evo, you may want to edit.]

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:03 am

flynnarrel wrote:

Code: Select all

[Ummm.... Maggie is right there.  Evo, you may want to edit.]

I know, he's interjecting on her behalf.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:10 am

Maggie

"...reckless..." she parrots in a small voice, tinged with confusion. She otherwise stays quiet.

Return to “M&M Game Room”