The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. D.E. Mente

Postby Evolución » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 am

"She is... unharmed, that is for sure." Mente placed a gentle hand on Harry's broad shoulders, he flinched his nose, as he notes the obvious signs of a fight on his clothes. "The... creatures that somehow spawned right into the medical wing were driven by something. That something, I believe, was Lyta. The tried to reach her room, and Jennifer and I tried to stop them, but some went through. However, we found them petrified, turned into rock. Lyta was in front of them, covering his eyes. This has been most traumatic for her, and I believe a familiar face will help her with her burden. Now, she did not turn me into stone, thanks for that, neither Jennifer nor Maria the nurse in charge of her, so my guess is that you are going to be fine. That is an indeed extraordinary metahuman ability, do you recall anything related to such power in her past?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The LC Foundation [IC] Ep. 1: A Matter of Awareness

Postby Arkrite » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie
HP: 3 Status: Injured

Harry grunts, a frown crossing his face, "It's been a long time but so far as I remember she was just strong and tough. I don't recall ever hearing about those kind of powers."

He sighs, "Me and her folks never got on very well, so I barely knew them. Jennifer would know better than me, but my opinion is that this is something new."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:16 am

"Very well. You should keep an eye on her, despite Jennifer's outstanding powers, she's not a member of the Foundation, and Lyta could become a mayor problem if she starts turning people into stone. Call me old fashioned, but Perseus used his Shield to defeat the gorgon Medusa." Mente pats Shield on the back, and walked away to give assistance to the medical group.

Treatment on the wounded: 32

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:36 am

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Harry says as Doctor Mente moved to join the staff dealing with the injuries.

He ran two fingers along his mustache to straighten it then carefully made his way out of the room. The last thing they needed was an old soldier underfoot anyways.
No his place was by Lyta's side. Maybe he could offer her some small comfort after the events of the day.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Hospital Ward

Dr. Harris took over Maggie's treatment, carrying her with the aid of a nurse to where he kept his device, looking very much like a CAT scanner. He observed the readings and frowned as the device operated on observation mode. He simply made a mental note and programmed it to apply its magnetic fields to particular areas of Maggie's brain. The process would take a while, so he had the nurse secure Maggie to the device's bed before starting the process. Just in case.

When Harry arrived to Lyta's room, he found her in Jennifer's arms. The green-skinned hero was sitting on the edge of the bed with Lyta laying on it, very, very quiet. Jennifer directed Harry to one wall of the room, to a pile of imp-shaped statues. She looked really, really confused.

Meanwhile, the ward fell into a semblance of order as security personnel began questioning people already tended to and released. Dr. Mente had made some recommendations for some of the more traumatized patients, mostly the college students, since a lot of the children guests came from super-powered situations and were rather adaptable, and a lot of the UN personnel had experience working in refugee camps and warzones, so they were resilient. Among the children, however, was one of the regular guests, an orphan from what Mente recalled, who had never spoken a word, and wasn't speaking right now either. He was just staring at the people in the ward, and looked none the worse for wear.

Foundation Corridors

Mr. Jupiter sighed as he looked at Darklite.

"I'm afraid free time is not a luxury I will get to enjoy in the immediate future." He said. "We're heading to the tarmac, which is as private as we'll be able to get in a while."

He said nothing further until they exited the building. The Foundation had a single landing strip and a few helipads, which went largely unused thanks to the teleport stations, but these were kept in pristine conditions nonetheless. The weather was comfortably warm, with a cool breeze bringing in the scent of the sea that comprised the horizon beyond several feet.

"I'm all ears, Miss Valentine." Loren Jupiter smiled.

OOC: Still waiting for Toby to address Tim and Cass ^^

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

Harry eyed the statues for a moment then made a face. He moved them as quietly as he could into a corner and then covered them up with his jacket. He'd have happily dropped them in the hall except that it was, in essence, a hospital and that kind thing simply wasn't done.

"I'll get rid of those," He says quietly as he sits down next to the bed.

"Sorry about the scare, Lyta. We had no idea that was going to happen," He looks down at her, worried, "You going to be okay?"

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Toby Chesterfield
HP: 1 / LP: 3

Well, this was enough. Toby plucked out his foe, intent on teaching Tim a lesson. "Well, let's use a lifeline: Phone a Friend."

Or in this case, a text to Oracle.

Plz get human smuggling case file from BatComputer
Involves Foundation
RR non-co-op.
Impeach the peach!

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Meeting Room 1

"If you're texting Bruce, I did tell you I'm not working with him on this." Tim said, and Cassandra just rolled her eyes again and huffed.

Seconds later, there was a reply.

File referenced but not in Batcomputer.
RR has his own setup.
Play nice, boys.

"This is stupid." Cass grunted, noticing Toby's reaction. "Both. I'm going. Help at hospital."

And with nothing further she walked out as if she owned the place.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:25 am

Darklite
Allyson Valentine
HP: 1 Status: -2 DMG Res, Fatigued

Allyson gives a quick look around, hoping to keep this conversation between herself and Loren. "I'll keep this brief then. I'm a volunteer, meaning I have no obligation to be here. My time and effort here are donated. Just after the attack, I went to confront ms. Cale about her use of an extremely dangerous tactic for indoor combat with so many innocents around. I saw her when the metal started flying, and she was desperate...not desperate to decimate the enemy, we had them under control. No, she was desperate to maintain control of the attack, and she barely held it. It's a miracle no-one was injured. However, before I was able to FINISH speaking with Cale, I was interrupted and utterly cut down by that pomped up Canadian volunteer."

She takes a moment to control the tone of her voice. "My intention in speaking with Cale was to reprimand her and find out why she used such a dangerous tactic. If I'm not mistaken, she's an ex villain and apparently had a lapse in remembering to consider the safety of those around her. She barely had control on that attack and that made it a danger to everyone in that room, including herself. But again, before I could finish, Cale had some kind of mental lapse and Shieldman, or whatever he goes by, felt the need to step in and cut me down ruthlessly as if I had intended to attack Cale while she was down. I do not appreciate being second guessed while I was within my right to confront Cale on behalf of all those she could have hurt. That I did so immediately, rather than waiting to pull her some where private was so that it could be seen that she was being held accountable for using that dangerous attack, not that anyone was really paying us any attention, but if any of the press had been watching and rather than see her being spoken to, saw her being taken to be "talked to" behind closed doors, would open all kinds of possible alligations of what exactly was done, form inhumane punishment, to simply letting it slide. You know how the press is.

Anyway, the point is, I do not appreciate being second guessed, cut down and treated like some common criminal for exercising my right to confront someone in a peaceable manner WITHOUT being interrupted."

She looks Loren in the eyes, her eyes hard, angry at Maggie for such unnecessarily excessive tactics then using her condition to skirt any backlash for using it, and Harry for falling for the damsel in distress and cutting her off, treating her like a raving lunatic and acting like he had some form of authority over her.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Toby Chesterfield

Toby sighed and then ducked out after Cassie. "Could you wait for a moment?"
Impeach the peach!

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Hospital Ward

"I'm not okay." Lyta said despondently. "Nothing makes sense. Nothing... I know I shouldn't be here, but I don't know why, or where it is that I should be... I just want everything to go away..."

Jennifer cast a very worried and alarmed glance at the veteran hero.

Meanwhile, Maggie emerged from Dr. Harris' device. The scientist checked her readings again and sighed with some relief, but he still looked on at his patient with some concern. Her wound had already been treated, so all that remained was to let her rest and observe her.

Meeting Room 1

"Wait what?" Cass looked at Toby straight into his eyes. "You prove how much in control you are?"

"Or you prove how crep.. crick..." She stumbled with the words as she glared at Tim.

"Cryptic...?" Tim offered, slightly cowed.

"That." Cass huffed. "You two are same idiots. Same enemy but no, you two must prove you have control. I told you we should have asked!"

"And I would if I didn't know the kind of "cooperation" we are getting right now!" Tim countered.

"NOT THE POINT!" The Asian girl barked. "You are wrong! And so are you!" Her attention returned to Toby "You need help, but do not want to ask because it embarrasses! Especially help from us!"

She traced the bat-symbol in the air with both fingers.

"Not staying for biggest dick contest." She snarled at both of them. "You both lose anyway. Nightwing already is biggest Dick."

She chuckled, quite pleased with her pun.

Landing Area

Loren Jupiter looked at Darklite attentively as she spoke, then sighed and hmmed, tapping his chin.

"And what would you have me do, Miss Valentine?" He answered. "I personally appreciate that you and other volunteers give so freely from their time and expertise to help people who need it, without you, the Foundation would not be even close to what I first envisioned when I decided to open it."

"I will have a talk with Doctor Harris about Miss Cale's episode, but as for the other... I think it would be best if you talked with Mr. Mackenzie and Miss Cale after everyone has calmed and recovered from today's ordeal. This sounds like a terrible misunderstanding from all parties involved."

In the distance, a soft hiss that sounded like an engine began to approach, the sound carried by the calm wind.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Maggie

"Did I fall asleep?" she asks, her tones slightly dream-like. She takes the news that she'd be kept for observation a little bit longer completely unfazed.

Harris has her recount her memories. She had this slight sense of dread, but wasn't able to completely recall all the events of the cafeteria. She pieces together the demon attack, and the shelter, trying to protect the civilians, the imps... but the rest just seems fuzzy to her.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:48 pm

The Shield
Harry Mackenzie

Harry nods, "I understand. Nobody should have to go through what you're dealing with right now, and you've been doing the best you can. And you're doing great, it might not seem like it right now, but you are."

"And you are not alone. You've got friends here who are going to help you out. You have my word that I'm going to do everything I can to make this right again. You aren't alone, Lyta."

He smiled at her, "What you should do is get some rest. exhaustion makes any problem harder to manage, believe you me. Tomorrow is another day, and you'll wake up feeling better. And when you're ready we'll make this right."

"What do you say?"

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Dr. DE Mente

Postby Evolución » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:45 am

Mente frowned slightly at the sight of the child. He walked towards him purposefully, his cane tapping the floor announcing his arrival. He stopped there, leaning forward to look at the child in the eyes. "Jerry Williams." he smiles. "I see you are doing fine, why are you in the hospital ward? Are you hurt son?"

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Toby Chesterfield

"This is not a matter of control." Toby took pausing breaths, to lower the temperature. "I recognize that Tim has a dog in this, and we need his help. But he needs to recognize that we have as much if not more in this - the consequences fall heavily on us. What I want is for you to both work with me. With the Foundation. And to stop that ring. But there's not much to go on for any of us unless Timmy brings out the damn file. Besides, your end of the trail stops flat anyway - unless you work with us. I promise to cooperate if you two do."
Impeach the peach!

Return to “M&M Game Room”