[3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

[3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [OOC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:03 pm

3E seems to be the way MnM is going, so to learn the system nuances better I had an idea for a quick one shot. It will last only about two or three weeks.

PCS:
Radiance
Panzer Krieg
Carmen the Dead Girl
Erik Ericson
The Construct
Archon
Last edited by mrdent12 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: [3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [Interest Check]

Postby Ysariel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Sure, I could go for a one-shot. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:13 pm

I think I'll stick my toe in, if you'll have someone who's newish to the edition.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
- Niccolò Machiavelli

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:17 pm

I am newish to it as well, so newish people are fine.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Yay for one shots!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:36 pm

One shot seems fun and ive got a few random rolled characters to test anyways :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Four in such a short time on a holiday weekend is encouraging. Once two more express interest I will open it up for recruitment with some minor details.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:56 pm

It's a oneshot, so I'll toss in the hat.
Impeach the peach!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Hmn... I think I may pitch in as well. I've got this PK Paragon I've been meaning to test out, but haven't got the chance to yet. Plus, I know 3e a lot more than I know 2e (I have the books for 2e, but never actually played a game in it), so I can probably do well to help those new to 3e. Quite ironically, I'm doing just that on this other board I sometimes frequent...

The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Postby The Kryptonian » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:07 pm

I've usually got a couple characters floating around my brain, so I'd be up for a one shot throw down. Even random characters would be cool!
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [3E] Golden Gate Battle One Shot [Recruiting 6]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Recruitment is open than with all the details in the OP.

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Eric Erickson

Concept: A rich man who's taken precautions in a world full of heroes and monsters doing battle with one another, hiring a rogue scientist to ensure he would be able to survive whatever would come at him. Now a living weapon, one concerned about the impact such abilities would have on his respectable family, he has yet to make a public debut with his powers. But if the right crisis comes along, that may change.

Description: People who meet Eric are presented with a professional. Neatly shaved, hair combed back into place, and wearing the very finest in clothing. A tall, handsome, intelligent businessman. One who's got a firm handshake and a sharp gaze.

Powers and Abilities: Already a product of high expectations and low tolerance by his old money family, Eric intended for his transformation into a cyborg to increase his durability only, but gained a pair of extremely long prehensile cables which project from Eric's wrists. As weapons and transportation methods, they're highly effective, able to let him swing through the air or crack solid rock with a blow.

Abilities - 80 Points.
Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 8, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 4.

Powers
Built to Last: Immunity 2 (Critical Hits), Protection 6.
Inhuman Speed: Leaping 2, Speed 3.
Smart Cables: Strength-based Damage 6, Elongation 5, Movement 1 (Swinging).

Skills
Athletics 2 (+6), Expertise: Business 4 (+8), Deception 2 (+6), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 2 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+8).

Advantages - 12 Points.
Assessment, Benefit 1 (Well Off), Close Attack 2, Improved Initiative, Jack of All Trades, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge.

Offense
Initiative +10.
Smart Cables +10, Close Damage, DC 25.
Unarmed +10, Close Damage, DC 19.

Defenses - 18 Points.
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 10.

Complications
Fame - Prodigal Son: As the eldest child of the Erickson family, great things are expected of him, and the media is paying close attention. There are also those who would enjoy seeing such a individual fall from grace.
Motivation - Safety: Primarily concerned with keeping himself in one piece when it comes to battles between extraordinary individuals, Eric will soon be faced with situations where diving head first into danger becomes the smarter option.

Totals
Abilities 80 + Powers 26 + Skills 14 + Advantages 12 + Defenses 18 = 150 Points.
Last edited by Nillaman on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Chainguard

Concept: Detective Mark Quirreck only was investigating a few kidnappings. The trail led him to a coven indulging in blood sacrifice and mystic rituals - his intrusion and that of the armed force behind him interrupted a demon summoning. Most don't remember what happened, but the botched calling drove the fiend Trigetro into the police detective's body.

Somehow with force of will, Mark subdued Trigetro and held him prisoner with access to the demon's powers. The pressure of that, and dealing with foes that tend to be beyond the normal capacity of law enforcement, pushed Mark into moonlighting as a superhero, though he tries to keep his sense of law and due process first.

Abilities
STR 10/6, STA 6, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 10, INT 1, AWE 2, PRE 2

Advantages
All Out Attack, Evasion, Power Attack, Improved Initiative

Skills
Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Law Enforcement 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+6)

Powers
Demonic Strength: Enhanced Strength 4
Demonic Fused Body: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 10
Hell-Whole: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison), Immortality 5, Regeneration 5 [Recovers conditions once every two rounds]
Infernal Motion: Speed 3 [16 MPH], Leaping 2 [30 feet]

Defenses
Dodge 10, Fortitude 11, Parry 10, Toughness 10, Will 9

Combat
Initiative +6
Unarmed +10, Toughness DC 25

[Abilities 62 + Advantages 4 + Skills 15 + Powers 49 + Defenses 20 = 150]

Complications
Identity: Detective Mark Quirreck
Responsibility: Police Detective
Motivation - Justice: Mark wants to get those that are beyond the law's grasp.
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach the peach!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 pm

This sounds great (I actually have that old Dr. Null adventure, which is pretty sweet). I'll have a build up soon, now that I finally have a chance to use my 365 Supers, I just have to pick which one to play.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Radiance

Postby badpenny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Art by Gaston25

Quote: "Light is a beacon of hope, and that's what I stand for!"
Power Level: 10
Concept: Light Controller
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Identity: Secret
Place of Birth: Danville, CA
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: Lawrence (father), Marianne (mother)
Bodycast: Michelle Monaghan
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Chestnut

Radiance - PL 10

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 0, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages
Attractive, Improved Critical: Light Control, Improved Initiative 2, Inspire 2, Interpose, Luck 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Teamwork

Skills
Deception 6 (+7/+9), Expertise: Current Events 6 (+7), Insight 9 (+11), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+5/+7), Ranged Combat: Light Control 7 (+8)

Powers
Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round) · 14 points

Light Control Array
. . Blast: Damage 12 (Extra: Increased Range: ranged) · 24 points
. . Dazzle: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Visually Impaired, 2nd degree: Visually Disabled, 3rd degree: Visually Unaware; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Flaw: Limited to Visual Sense) · 1 point
. . Sun Burst: Selective Burst Area Damage 8 (Extras: Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Selective) · 1 point

Light Field: Protection 10 (Sustained) · 10 points
Light Immunity: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Light effects) · 10 points
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Transform into costume as a free action) · 1 point
Senses 4 (Darkvision, Extended: Vision 2: -1/1000 ft) · 4 points
Solar Sustenance: Immunity 2 (Sleep, Starvation; Flaw: Source: sunlight) · 1 point

Offense
Initiative +10
Blast: Damage 12, +8 (DC 27, Crit 19-20)
Dazzle: Cumulative Affliction 12, +8 (DC Fort 22, Crit 19-20)
Sun Burst: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23)

Complications
Enemy: Bonnie's Inner Light is blindingly bright such that life-force predators can't help but take notice of her.

Identity: Bonnie Burgess, college freshman

Motivation: Doing Good: Bonnie was raised to appreciate the consequences of her actions, and once she was exposed to the radiation experiment that went wrong, she decided she would use her powers to help people!

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 10, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 66 + Advantages 12 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 30 = 150

Background: while visiting her college campus on an orientation tour, Bonnie Burgess was exposed to intense radiation when an experiment ran amuck in the physical sciences building. What Bonnie was doing in the physical sciences is the real mystery because she had always struggled with science, but despite her protests her guide all but dragged her into the lab for some "fun with science!"

Bonnie was seemingly unharmed by the radiation, but woke up the next day with powers. It didn't take her long to put them to good use as Radiance!
Last edited by badpenny on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “M&M Game Room”