Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
optionqb
Champion
Champion

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby optionqb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 pm

The Marian
Character Sheet

HP:3
CND: Normal

Animal Healing Aid Roll for Dr. Greene: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26. That would be 4 degrees of success. Doesn't that give a +5 circumstance bonus to the doctor's roll?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:19 pm

GM Post

CV had been scanning the area, trying to find their quarry and her psi-ops counterpart from Edge. She thought that there might have been some luck on that score when her senses were suddenly overloaded. It left her on the ground twitching, with Zero-Three's medic trying to stabilize her. His efforts are not without effect, but the mental onslaught is staggering. Still, the techniques give the telepathic legionnaire some solace.

And then it's like someone reaching out to provide and take support. CV never met Pysche, but there's no doubt that the Edge telepath is out there somewhere and is both bolstering CV's own defenses and also using them to ramp up her own power.

Leviathan is in near total darkness, static electricity in the air and a vast sense of... familiarity envelopes him. He feels kinship with the charged air, but there is something not quite right. It's as if the alien presence all around him is very much familiar and calling out to the DNA splice to his own, but also completely off somehow.

The Scarab recognizes the change in the air, the displacement of a volume concurrent with the information tabulated to be the legionnaire Leviathan.

Back on the forest floor, the doctors in the group work feverishly to stabilize their captive. It's clear the arm will be lost, and its condition is critical but they manage to get its rapid and shallow breathing to a more normal pace and depth. It snarls and growls. It manages to touch a button on its belt before anyone can really react.

Anansi's voice fills the air.

"Time for some answers. English, fugly, do you speak it?"[/quote]

Marian and Greene have a combined roll of 30... and the Predator does not speak English. But CV is back in action.... maybe she can help with the language barrier?

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 am

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Angry

When the alien messed with his belt, Carrol stabbed him in the previously intact arm, her tone matching the hunter's as she snapped back irritatedly at him, "You wanna lose that one too?"

She hurried to try and get the belt free and away from the team as she shot a look towards the League's resident psychic. "Can you get anything from him CV?"
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 am

Leviathan
HP: 2 LP: 0
CONDITION: Uninjured

Sheet

Rising into the air so he can generate a little bit of light on his surroundings, Levi opens up all his senses to get a better read on his surroundings.

Character sheet wrote:Image
In Flight
Senses: Senses 9 9 pts
. . Analytical: Radio
. . Darkvision
. . Infravision
. . Low-light Vision
. . Radio
. . Radius (Type): Visual
. . Ultravision

Visual Perception Roll: 1d20=6 - Hey look! I have feet!
Radio Perception Roll: 1d20=8 - Oooh! Easy listening! This is my new favorite station

Seeing and hearing nothing of note he tries to reach his teammates by radio, ~This is Leviathan, can anyone read me? I appear to have been teleported into a dark cavern.~

kenmadragon wrote:You know, I haven't ever seen Farscape, so I have no idea what a Leviathan looks like on the inside. So... I'm shooting blind with descriptions...

Here you go, this is what the interior of a typical Farscape Leviathan looks like:
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:59 pm

GM Post

Leviathan's arrival and look around the down ship reveal much of what he was expecting, but also a sense of difference as well. The bioship doesn't quite feel, well, bio enough if that makes any sense. There are areas adapted for life and use by humanoids as he would expect, but it doesn't feel quite right...

The only person he can reach is Blue Beetle.

Cover Girl (CV)

The telepath reaches out to the alien's mind. It takes a moment to get over her own revulsion as the things mandibles move as he hisses at the group, clearly not in any condition to get up. She encounters resistance at first, black oversized bugs seem to attack her in waves but she pushes them aside.

This creature is a hunter. There are three primary hunters in the area. This was a reward for work done for the Alliance - the chance to hunt Earthmen, hopefully with am opportunity to stalk truly worthy prey - the Justice Legion. The Leviathan was shot down, something about disobeying orders or defying the alliance (he really doesn't know or even care) and it served as bait.

Manticore

Jotun excuses himself, a signal coming in.

"Manticore? You're alive!" The leader of Edge is genuinely pleased at the news that another presumed lost member of his team just reported in. Even more so that he is getting a signal through. "Any word on Snapdragon, and give me a report."

Manticore has discovered what must be the Hunter's camp. He has located and disabled a jamming signal - well, one that jams local signals anyway - and what must be the general area of the EMP field being generated. He is about halfway between the Leviathan ship and the group, veering off about two or three hundred feet from a direct path.

He has spent the last few days scouting the area, is reasonably certain that there are no hunters in his immediate area and he was able (obviously) to disable the jamming device.

Manticore - welcome to the party, everything I just wrote is what you've been doing since being separated from your team. You can add to it, reword your report and even decide if you know the fate of Snapdragon...

Slasher
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Slasher » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Manticore
HP:3

Anyone copy?

And here I thought I'd never hear that sweet voice again.

Manticore?!? Is that you? Where are you? Where's Snapdragon?

The one and only! I'm sitting on top of some satellite dish the greys got set up. I think it was jamming our comms. The subsonic hum was driving me nuts. I asked them to stop politely. Hold on, I think they reacti***czzzzt***

About 40 seconds later a large explosion rocks the jungle.

***czzzt* sorry bout that. I ahh..."fixed" their dish. It was all out of alignment. They're supposed to point down right? Anyways that was where I am. These stupid predator things are everywhere. Do you know how hard something is to hit when you can't see it? Where are you guys?

We're about 200 ft (direction?) from your location. And Snapdragon? Any word from her?

OK, heading over now. Me and Snaps got separated in a firefight closer to the ship. They had a couple of their drones sweeping the place. They need new ones now. We got separated in the explosion. You know how she messes up my infravision. Damn Sparklers.. Save some for me when I get there!***czzt*

Manticore starts swinging through the trees in Jotun's direction.
Just to make sure, he IS armored up right now. And I'm confused, the jammer was the source of the EMP as well, right? because if not then ignore my techies go nuts comment.
Last edited by Slasher on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:39 am

Blue Beetle
HP: 5 -> 4
Perception 28. Last post, I set Infiltrator versatility to an Enhanced Tech skill Limited to Security Linked to Skill Mastery. So if Blue's dealing with the security systems, Technology check is a 24. Otherwise, I don't have the skill, but could roll raw Intellect... Intellect 1d20+2 = 5. Hahaha no. HP to re-roll that. Intellect Reroll 1d20+2=8 +10 = 18. Better.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:47 am

GM Post
Just to make sure, he IS armored up right now. And I'm confused, the jammer was the source of the EMP as well, right? because if not then ignore my techies go nuts comment.
[/quote]

Clarifications that do not require any editing:

Snapdragon is a she. :wink:

Jammer was for short range, EMP still in place.

Aircraft were a no, but low flying drones - roughly the size of condors are a go. And when they`re shooting at you, might as well be jets !

As for ton of Preds - there are actually only four. But they can be good at confusing numbers...

Beetle gets the door open, and the presence in the area is stronger. It no longer seems to be actively broadcasting so the feed is not overwhelming. But it is constant. There is a large screen set on the wall, with images flashing. Many planets, star charts, empty space flash in sequence. Beetle (or the scarab) recognize them as star charts. The planets are unknown though, except Earth when it flashes above the screen and then stays on screen in a smaller screen.

Beetle is aware that Leviathan is close by - as in the ship.

Should you choose to actively watch the screen, I`ll let you know what else you might pick up. :twisted:

Slasher
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Slasher » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:56 am

*face palm*
*face palm*
Maybe I should dropped his intelligence....

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu May 01, 2014 6:02 pm

We've moved to the new forums. Please pick up there !

Return to “M&M Game Room”