Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 am

GM Post

"First, I`m maintaing my screen." Shadow says, mostly to Tinker who is closest. "It`s given me an advantage to date, one that hasn`t produced the results of Captain Ginzu over there, but an advantage nonetheless.

"Second, don`t bother salvaging the dead one`s cloak - they can still ping each other so it will be of very limitted use."


Jotun slowly looks around the area, taking stalk of people, augmented or otherwise. He makes a move to help with whatever triage needs to be done, and directs the soldiers to set up a perimeter.

CV and Armour can actually sense a bit more regarding Shadow`s presence as he seems to be purposely sending out a psychic signal even as he maskes his presence mentally to all those around him.

Around you, the forest has gone quiet again.

Tinker wrote:"It's Shadow, Anansi. Also, our mission was to find and extract your Strikeforce..."


"Actually, that`s our secondary mission." Hawkwind adds, "We`ve got a downed alien we're trying to get to

"Have our psychics picked anything up?"
She looks to Vecta and Armour expectantly, pointedly avoiding looking at Jotun or in Shadow`s direction.

User avatar
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Aerlock » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Leviathan
HP: 2 LP: 0
CONDITION: Uninjured
STATUS: Alert, Chagrined

Sheet

Extending one giant hand in Jotun's direction, with the other he flips on his radio housing. ~Sorry for the dive bomb, sir.~"Sorry for the dive bomb, sir."

Opening his storage compartments he asks, ~Do you need any fresh water or other supplies? I stocked up on extras before we left on this mission. I think I grabbed a few spare radios too if you guys want to get in on our comm net.~"Do you need any fresh water or other supplies? I stocked up on extras before we left on this mission. I think I grabbed a few spare radios too if you guys want to get in on our comm net."
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:27 am

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Fine

Carrol kept surveying the perimeter warily as she talked.

"What's Edge's status? We should get moving again soon to cover as much ground as possible before they come back for another run at us."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 am

GM Post

Jotun smiles warmly at Leviathan, the fog of the earlier impact quickly fading.

"Don`t worry about it, and stow the `Sir.` " He says, "We`re equals." If he`s put off or surprised by the double voice, it doesn`t show.

"There are four of us currently in play, five if Hawkwind there isn`t permanently reassigned to you." Jotun replies to Anansi. "We`ve lose contact with Pysche, but Snapdragon was running a trap about halfway between here and our objective."

He looks off towards the general distance of the objective and then back towards Leviathan.

"Reminded me a bit of you, but we were not able to get close enough. It`s much larger of course." He looks pensive, "The object seems to be the source of the EM field above the region and the closer you get, the more of your equipment will go haywire. The same energy wave then starts to affect our nervous systems. Psyche seemed under a direct mental assualt before vanishing into the air - we thought it was an extraction by Rift.

"For about an hour, we had mental contact with her and the echo of something vast but we lost that. We`ve been trying to regroup and get word out, but it`s good to see you - and the larger number.

"League? Designation?"
The last is curiosity.

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:45 pm

bump

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51 am

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Fine

"Justice League Hotel and Romeo Three Zero." Carrol nodded her head to the team in the clearing. "You can call me Anansi."

The way she said it and moved towards Jotun was similar to how she'd acted at the briefing, but she snapped back to business as she turned back to her own team. "Any of you get something like what they got from the direction of the target?"
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 am

GM POST


Armour has indeed been getting stronger and stronger senses of a vastness, but nothing concrete.

CV - NPC'ed

"Yes." JLH`s telepath answers. "I`ve been looking for Psyche`s mental signature, and getting calls for help. There is something about them though... I want to say alien but that`s kind of obvious."

User avatar
optionqb
Champion
Champion
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Marietta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby optionqb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:00 pm

The Marian
Character Sheet

HP:3
CND: Normal

The Marian pulls another bottled-water from his backpack. He takes a small drink before inhaling the rest. He closes his eyes and relaxes letting the liquid run out of his nostrils and down his chin onto the ground. Feeling briefly refreshed, he listens to the others discuss the particulars of the "psychic presence".

Roberto looks around at the group and then glances at Hawkwind to speak, "We've met only modest resistance so far. How badly do they want this ship? Nothing would make me happier than to think that they'll send piecemeal attacks against us all day. Somehow I have to think they'll concentrate a much stronger blow against us next time. Are we not playing into their hands by proceeding on foot to this psychic source now that our position has been discovered?"

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:03 pm

GM Post

Jotun offers Beetle his hand in greeting.

"Well put." He says, "Hostile territory is something of an understatement though. My current theory is that the downed craft is actually a lure."

Then as much to The Marian as Beetle he adds:

"It doesn't make sense - the Alliance has numerous means of overland transport and could have plowed their way just about to the craft's doorstep. There was no need to plant these hunters and let them run free unless they wanted to test our forces."

To Anansi, Jotn adds:

"Our status is MIA." he shrugs, "Snapdragon missed the last two check ins, Psyche has been unaccounted for for almost 48 hours. Our support has been wiped out."
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:18 am

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Fine

"Or maybe they're part of an as-of-yet unknown third party, who knows."

"Point is, Hawkwind had the right of it earlier. Fnding Edge is our secondary objective, the primary is still getting to that downed craft. Those of you at the briefing should remember it: this is a one-way trip, the target's our only means of evac, it's the only way out."


Carrol shrugged non-chalantly. "Way I see it, there's only one way to go and that's forward."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 am

GM Post

"Agreed." Romeo Zero Three steps forward in unison, their wounded looking just as determined as the hale and healthy. They stow their water and prep their weapons, the snapping and clicking of readied weapons filling the air.

Then, one of them grunts in pain, a bloom of red spreading across his chest as shaft of metal burst forward. It will take the briefest of moments to realize it is identical to the one that Hawkwind had during the briefing, ony fully extended. Hawkwind is not behind the soldier.

The soldier is lifted from the ground by some invisible force, dropping his weapon and clutching at the weapon protuding from his chest. He tries to speak, but blood bubbles from his mouth. The other soldiers turn, training their weapons. To their credit, they wait for an order to open fire.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:49 am

Dr. Greene

She trains her infravision-enhanced senses on the spot, trying to pierce whatever shielding the creature had.



If she fails to spot it, she jumps down next to the fallen predator warrior's body. "Armour, bring your metal-clad tukas over here please."

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 am

Just to be clear, the latest fatality wasn`t speared from a distance. It looks more like he was speared from behind and is being suspended in the air.

Likely, the attacker is standing right behind him.

And you are correct, they are invisible to infravision.

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Fine

Damnit. As she saw the soldier being raised off his feet like a boar hoisted on a spear, Carol felt out with her Tremorsense for the attacker. If she could see it, maybe she could 'paint the target' with her webbing for everyone else to take down.

Perception (1d20+8=24) using Tremorsense? I'll trust you to roll the attack for the Web Snare if that is an option.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Blue Beetle
HP: 4 Cond: Yeah... No. No you don't do something like that and don't get a plasma burst to the face

"What?" Willy asked to clarify exactly what the newly-found Legionnaires were saying. My Conclusions were confirmed: This Is a Trap. Suggestion: Escape the group, fly north by north west till out of the jungle, and destroy all who pursue... The AI explained and suggested forcefully.

Willy was about to say something against that when his HUD began to blink and he found his senses whirling on the soldier being lifted into the air by an invisible force as the blade protruded from the man's body. Snarling, Willy found Khaji Da was already on the move, his arm shifting into the barrel of the cannon, charging up in less than a second to bring it full bear, tracking the crosshairs as they settled upon a region of space behind the lifted soldier.

He didn't get the chance to speak, or say anything whatsoever, as the AI fired the rapid beam of concentrated energy straight through the jungle into where the simulated image of the hunter-alien was projected in Willy's HUD - the image a digital recreation in light blue framework crafted by the Scarab for targeting. The crosshairs had settled directly upon the creature's head. The light flared in his eyes as the beam streaked faster than lightning.

Yeah.. Variable was at Precise Attack, right? Ranged versus Cover and Concealment? Don't care if it's invisible, I'm shooting at where I think it is: right behind the soldier it just stabbed, and lifted into the air. So, I (sorta) know where the Yuatja is to make the shot, ne? 1d20+13=33.

You have to be sh*ttin' me... Seriously, wth, it's a crit right off the bat when combat starts... Really, IC? Not on my toughness rolls, nor my power attacks, but you crit on my routine attack in the first round? I Hate You IC! I needed that for when it gets dramatic! Agh!!!

Okay, rant over, that's DC 24+5 = DC 29 Toughness.

And if it's important: Perception 23, Initiative 14


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests