Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 am

Anansi
HP: 1 Cnd: Fine

Carol elbowed him in the side playfully. "Atta boy, I like your style." Asking the boss for a drink? I like his guts as well, promises interesting things.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:10 am

Dr. Greene

Amandas mind supplied her with the quip 'Be careful, he drinks like a fish.' but she chocked the comment back. The Psych boys had a whole program to deal with the inhuman apppearance caused by many of the grafts and what it means for a person's self-image and identification with the human race.

She was glad for, but didn't need to comment on the recognition of her genius. The hormonal Rachni-splice seemed more intent on hedonism in any event.

She remained silent to hear any more of the briefing that might remain.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:03 am

Tinker
HP: 0 / LP: 5

"Hold on now." Tinker interrupted, still playing with the spear. "Before you get smashed, keep listening. Or else you might get stabbed. What the Doc didn't mention, is that Mystery Alien, or friends can get a lot of mileage here. Mr. Pokey is of some awesome metal here. Balanced to the max, so Mystery can throw it at you or just stab you at close range. Or,"

Tinker telescoped the spear down to a shorter length and whacked it on the table like a staff would. "Whack you on the head. Not in a fun Spamalot way."
Impeach the peach!

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Anansi

Carol gave Tinker a look. "So you're saying the spear can be used not only to stab or throw but also as a blunt weapon like a staff? You've never done any kind of martial arts or even seen any kung fu movies, have you? Although knowing it has a variable reach and is hard to break without super-human strength is good, I suppose."

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Hawkwind

"At least there's been no sign of poison." Hawkwind states flatly.
"Your assessments seem accurate enough. All I ever heard was a scream over the comms. None of the soldiers had any clue. As for the other members of Edge, they were observing radio silence and when we chose to break it, it was too late.

"Right now, if you'll excuse me, I need to check in with the CO of the squad that will be coming with us this time around."

She looks at Tinker

"I'll be wanting that back. I plan to return it to its owner. Pointy end first."

Major Greenbaum

Major Greenbaum smirks at the Marian's request.

"Considering your departure is in less than 25 minutes, I'd have to say no. But when you get back, first round is on me. Subsequent rounds will be directly proportional to your performance in the field."

You can tell that the last isn't a question of your abilities, but more a hopeful nod to success.

I could let the RP continue for a bit here, it's going really well. But if you are up for it, I will have Rift return. Hawkwind will return with the CO of the squad and we can get the adventure moving. I am perfectly fine with letting the exchange go a little longer though...

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Blue Beetle

"Hah!" Willy laughed aloud at Tinker's joke. When he saw the stares of the people looking at him, he awkwardly explained, "I, uh, actually got that joke... Spamalot..."

Your attempt at humor is infantile, William Northrup, and ill advised.

"Shut up."

Rune Analysis complete. Translating in Progress. Processing slowed by File Corruption. Willy noted that message with some interest. Khaji Da may be able to decipher the runes, but not instantaneously like the AI had with his french homework. Oh well, Willy didn't think those runes would mean anything anyways.

ooc wrote:Universal Translator function of the Scarab says I could decipher it. But given how you don't' want that information known, I won't use it. Just saying.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:53 pm

ooc wrote:Universal Translator function of the Scarab says I could decipher it. But given how you don't' want that information known, I won't use it. Just saying.

Please keep your Variable in your pants, Willy.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:30 am

Andy Armour
Andy raised an eyebrow when Anansi mentioned *Two* geniuses on the team. Looking from Grannie Greene to Tinker, he found himself somewhat irked by the exclusion. he HAD been a crucial part of the team that had gotten Phase 2 working, after all.
Whatever, it was unimportant. Shaking it off, Andy quickly returned to being entranced by the other legionaries, they represented such variety. Watching them was simply fascinating, and he wanted to get a feel for them. The better he knew them, the better he would be able to help them in the field.

Blue Beetle was nervous, frustrated, and seemed to be having arguments with himself, as though he were unsure of how to act.
Anansi was playful and flirtatious and didn't seem to want to be there.
Marian was studiously avoiding the spider-lady's advances, and obviously concerned by their prospects, but ready.
Tinker was excited, and enjoying himself.
Leviathan was difficult to read, much more alien than the rest, he would need to work on that one..
Dr Greene was professional, as he had always pictured her. Despite the fact that he had worked closely with Dr T on phase 2, based largely on studying her DNA, he'd never gotten the chance to meet her before, and was very much looking forward to working with her.
He looked over at Camila and saw that she was doing the same thing, watching and evaluating the others. He wondered for a moment if reading her would cause a feedback loop.. he had mostly avoided telepaths up until now..

That was when he saw Camila looking at the picture of the 'invisible' hunter, and he had a thought.

"What if they're not with the alliance?" He blurted out. "Sorry, I'm not sure where that came from, it just.. feels like theres something off about this whole scenario."

Sorry if you dislike me using Camila, but the idea occurred to me while reading your post, so it seemed appropriate.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:52 am

Anansi

"I'll hold you to that, Major." She whispered to Marian. "And you."

Carol thought she caught a glance directed at her from the guy in the wheelchair. She briefly wondered who he was. The armor at least gave some hope that he'd be able to follow them more or less on an equal footing, despite his... condition.

jemal wrote:"What if they're not with the alliance?" He blurted out. "Sorry, I'm not sure where that came from, it just.. feels like theres something off about this whole scenario."

"That's a good point to keep in mind. Still, they point those things at me, I'll ask questions if any of them are still fit to answer when it's all over."

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:23 pm

GM Post

Hawkwind rejoins the group in one of the storerooms beneath the main deck. The room is meant to house aircraft parts and easily accommodates all of you.

There is a squad with the winged woman that consists of four men and one woman. She introduces them as Romeo Three Zero. They are all human. They carry gear but look to be travelling comparatively light.

Rift appears as well. She is just as blank to Vecta and Andy as ever, more visible and real through the impressions from others' minds than her own...

There is a table with a map spread out on it. Although mostly jungle/ rainforest, there is an area circled on the map. It corresponds to information from the main briefing - the crash site, concentric circles surrounding it. There is a line, presumably the landing of the presumed Leviathan craft. Several red x mark the locations of where the previous squadron were lost... or found. On a separate table is a pile of supplies. Water bottles, rations, belts with pouches and the like.

Rift focuses her attention on the room's doorway. She touches its edges, reaches out and pulls her hands together from the frames. The exercise sort of reminds you of a runner warming up. Or perhaps someone contemplating if something they are about to try will work. Hopefully it's the former and not the latter.

Hawkwind is wearing her helm, her eyes hidden by the visor. All of you have had the chance to suit up and for those that needed, field rations and energy supplements were provided. For those that don't have them, commlinks are also issued.

"Alright, callsigns only in the field." Hawkwind states as if she were speaking to rookies. "I lost a lot of good people the last time. Whatever this prize is, it had better be worth it.

"As it is, I don't want anyone else dying on my watch. Buddy system, pair up and be ready to cover each others' backs. Whatever is out there didn't register to any of my spectral imaging. Let's hope our mindfreaks - I'm sorry - our telepaths - have better luck."

The last comment must have been a slip. Her file, should anyone have read it, indicated that she was close with Psyche.

"Any last questions?"

Rift doesn't wait for an answer. She reaches for the frames one more time and the entire doorframe glows brighter until you can barely look at it. The light seems to erupt forward, then retract. All at once the room is filled with the scent of life - a teeming jungle lies through the door, Rift standing to one side, strain and sweat already forming on her face.

"Unlikely that I'll be doing this again anytime soon." Rift states, her voice slightly strained. "Better hurry..."

The soldiers don't wait, although they do register surprise. They grab their duffels and head through the portal, dropping the bags and forming a perimter on the other side with the portal to their backs. The area, now that you can see it, is all trees.

Hawkwind nods towards the portal, pausing only long enough to grab one more bottle of water.

"Questions on the other side then."

She grabs the map, folding it expertly and tucking it into a pouch strapped to her thigh. She then steps through, raising a blaster and assuming a defensive and alert posture.

Minor things:
1. Was the spear returned to Hawkwind? If not, she will request it. In a manner that suggests it is not a reques. 8)
2. Everyone starts with 3 HP.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Blue Beetle
HP: 3

Willy whistled as the woman opened a gateway into the jungles of South America. That was a neat trick, one he hadn't really expected. No wonder her codename was "Rift". Khaji Da seemed to be focused upon other things, like reassessing it's profile on Rift among it's attempts to tap into The Garden's mainframe wireless-ly, allowing Willy to focus upon the more important things. A quick glance at the map resulted in a flash in his inner eye, and a saved image of the map opened up in the corner of his vision, much like the area-map from a video game.

He glanced at the warrior woman and asked as she walked into the jungle, "Yeah, so who's supposed to be my buddy?"

None. This Two-Pair system is typically effective, though it has several flaws. The requirements of the system cannot be done. These others cannot be trusted. William Northrup. Heed this Scarab's words: They cannot be trusted.

"Well, I'm all for that, but I'm kinda fine with trusting these people." Willy said aloud, to no one in particular. Strangely, not even the telepaths nor empaths can determine whether Willy's conversing with another being. Doesn't seem likely...

"Yes I am." he then said suddenly, to no one once again. "Yes, I am. Yes, I am! Agh! Fine!" And thus, without warning, blue, chitinous limbs sprung and extended from the Scarab upon his back, membranous wings flickering out with a *snickt*, and circles along his thighs and veins along the armor began to glow a smoky yet bright light blue as the Blue Beetle leaped through the doorway, flying from the interior of the carrier to the hot and muggy jungle beyond.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Tinker
HP: 3 / LP: 5

Tinker had returned the spear to Hawkwind just before the group was sent ahead by Rift. He'd also packed up some of the supplies offered, and crammed a few different tools - some of which were certainly not looking of normal Terran manufacture, into his belt pouches somehow.

His blaster was in hand as he looked around their surroundings. "Any estimation of how far until we hit the EM field, Hawkwind? And I can do that, if you'd like Beetle."
Impeach the peach!

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:28 pm

The Marian
Character Sheet

HP:3
CND: Normal

The Marian grabs a duffle-bag and makes sure it is mostly filled with bottled water. The only other items he concerns himself with are a few days worth of rations and a small medical kit.

As he glances at the crash-site map, he is particularly interested in the whereabouts of any nearby rivers, tributaries, or lakes. Be careful Roberto. If you're outta water for more than a week bad things are gonna start happening to you quick. Roberto was sure that HQ knew of his weakness, but he wasn't sure what his comrades knew. I'll keep it to myself for now. The team has enough to think about without worrying that I might be a potential liability.

"Need a partner?", He says glancing over at Anansi. "I'll watch your back if you'll watch mine.", he says as he strides into the portal.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:05 am

Armour

Andy had taken the opportunity to 'suit up' before they went to the storeroom, and his wheelchair was nowhere to be seen as Rift entered the portal.
The large suit of armour strode over to doctor Greene and spoke with a clear voice, seemingly unaffected by the helmet
"I've always been a fan of your work, Doctor. Shall we?" The 8 foot hunk of metal offered bowed in a comically chivalrous way, and Andy grinned behind the clear visor as he nodded towards the portal and moved forwards.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:49 am

Anansi
HP: 3 Cnd: Alert

Carol picked up supplies similar to Hawkwind's squad, keeping it light and professional. "I bet you will Marian. You've got yourself a partner." She walked through the portal behind him, looking around warily.

Return to “M&M Game Room”