Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Aerlock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:08 am

Leviathan
HP: 1 LP:1
CONDITION: Uninjured
STATUS: Engaged/Studious

Sheet

Turning the front of his body to face Camilla, Levi's radio housing crackles to life, "Miss Vecta, was it? Looks like we'll be teaming together. My names Levi. Call sign is Leviathan."

Having just seen Spider-girl and Fish-boy's flirting, Levi decides to try and be little more human in his interactions. He extends an arm with a flourish in the closest approximation of a gentleman escorting a lady that he can manage what with being more than twice her height and over 10 times her mass. "Would you allow me to escort you to our destination? And as an aside, I don't mind you being a telepath, like some folks might. I understand unreasoning prejudice as you might guess." The last is said with a gesture to his inhuman form. He thinks hard in her "direction", That's not to say that we won't have words should you use your powers on me uninvited. ;) putting as much friendliness as he can into the thought. I also happen to have a very broad dome up top should you wish a bit more relaxing mode of transport through the jungle.
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:05 am

GM POST

EnigmaticOne wrote:"Any estimation of how far until we hit the EM field, Hawkwind? And I can do that, if you'd like Beetle."


Glancing down at a handheld device, Hawkwind looks up Tinker. From the way her wings twitch and the bounce in her step you can tell she`d rather be soaring above the ground.

"About a half mile." She replies. "Thing is, at this level we should be relatively safe."

She touches the side of her helm and tries to raise Edge again, clearly without success.

"Remember, callsigns only." She looks at Vecta, "Didn`t see yours on file, but either way, can you sense them?

"Same question to you, Ironlung."
She nods to Andy.

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby jemal » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Andy closed his eyes trying to concentrate beyond their group as he responded "i'm not THAT crippled. I prefer to keep it simple, just call me Armour. "

User avatar
TempestII
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby TempestII » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 am

Vecta

Pulling the zip up on her collar to fit the Legion field-uniform snugly around the base of her neck, Vecta peered up at the...thing that extended his arm out, the friendliest of intentions behind his gestures. To say that he was an oddity would be an understatement, the alien effects of the genetic splicing process and his reclamation from visiting aliens rendering him as different from the invaders as he was from the humans he protected. Vecta could hide her telepathy inside her head - this sentient had to wear his publicly.

"A living vehicle as my buddy," Camila offered a smile, her chocolate eyes taking in the creatures robust frame. "I guess no ones going to pick on me at school." she beamed, holding out her gloved hand to accept Leviathans handshake. Obviously, hers lacked the firmness that his powerful muscles possessed.

Unbeknownst to Levi, Camila made it a personal policy not to peer around in other peoples minds, especially during first impression...exceptional circumstances not withstanding of course. Thus, alas, she missed out on his private thoughts and his invitation to ride up top of his "dome".

Together, she entered the portal at Leviathans side, a soft shuddering rippling across her skin from the sensation of teleportation.

oOo

Once in the amazon jungle, Camila took a moment to inhale the fresh scent of rain-forest and dip a mental finger into the rich tapestry of mental stimulation that such a dense collection of wild-life produced - a stimulating experience that sent goosebumps across her forearms.

Once she was done, she looked to her team-up buddy, "Perhaps if we strategically painted you in spots you could disguise yourself as a jaguar?" she proposed, the hint of good-natured teasing shimmering across her chocolate eyes. Then, she pursed her lips in a smirk, "I mean...a really big jaguar?"

"Remember, callsigns only." She looks at Vecta, "Didn`t see yours on file, but either way, can you sense them?


"None really, everyone's just called me CV. You know, like that thing you send in with a job application?"

Turning her attention back to the forest - Camila stretched her willpower across the thick umbra of the Amazonian rainforest, her subtle passage passing and recording every mind in several kilometres while reaching out to gentle touch the mind of Psyche.

'Psyche?' she mentally nudged.


ooc:

Using Senses: Mental - she's picking up every mind within a kilometre.

She'll also use Mental Communication to try and establish communications with Psyche - that's got the range of a nation, so if Psyche is still in Brazil and assuming not behind some No-telepaths-allowed technology, she should receive it.
Last edited by TempestII on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:46 am

Dr. Greene

Amanda acknowledges Andy's offer of partnership with a nod. "There will be times when my talents are best served scouting. If my bios on you all are correct, Anansi and I should do ground scouting. In those events only will the partnership change, I recommend." She announces.

"And my callsign could just be as simple as 'Greene', no need for flights of fancy. Or matriarchal references." She adds the last a bit sternly.

"Andrew, or shall I say... Armour, I understand you helped design the psychological profile procedures used in Stage 2 selection criteria and post-splice monitoring. I owe you for no less that 7 sensitivity workshops I was required to attend. You'll be thanked appropriately." She says matter-of-factly.

"And jaguars do not typically have spots, leopards do." She corrects the telepath.

User avatar
TempestII
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby TempestII » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:58 am

Camila

Fortunately for Dr Greene, she was spared a cutting remark of searing wit, thanks to Camila's current preoccupation with using her brain to scout the area.

Though the reptilian doctor could recover from any physical injury, such a come-back of subtle vigor would have undoubtedly left her mentally disheveled for quite some time.Thus, for the sake of team cohesiveness and effectiveness, it was for the best that such a devastating verbal parry-and-thrust did not take place.
Last edited by TempestII on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:58 am

Anansi
HP: 3 -> 2 Cnd: Alert

Carol groaned at the words 'grounds scouting'. "Really? I wish I could be up there, in the treetops." Unless someone stops her, she takes point to scout ahead their route.

Stealth, Perception 1d20+14=19, 1d20+8=16. HP to reroll Stealth 1d20+14=31.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

User avatar
optionqb
Champion
Champion
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Marietta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby optionqb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:25 am

The Marian
Character Sheet

HP:3
CND: Normal

The Marian takes a moment to look at the majesty of the jungle around him. His eyes scan the canopy above while he breathes in the unique scents of the jungle floor. The Marian listens for a moment to the comments made by CV, Green, Armour, and Anansi. "I'll stay right here in the midst of the group and try to offer protection the best I can." He says.

This place is saturated with rivers, and streams. It may be a long shot but I wonder if....

Concentrating for a moment, The Marian's mind "calls" out over many miles to any aquatic creatures in the area. Strange humanoids....have you seen them here recently? They are not men but look vaguely like them. They are the enemies of your kind and mine. Any help you can lend is appreciated.

My marine life persuasion is +17 out of water. Here's my roll: Telepathic Contact with Local Marine Life: 1D20+17 = [17]+17 = 34

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 am

Dr. Greene
Hp3LP1

"I only meant ground as opposed to aerial. *I* plan to use the trees..." Her words trailed off as she looked around to see.... a lack of Anansi... Dr. Greene's words trailed off as a look of being impressed came over her face. The Rachni-splice was good! She only hoped her own field performance was adequate. Ironically, as she was the first to get her powers, she's never been a field operative. Her anxiety mixed with excitement in her chest, but with a practice honed of mastering her emotions - something she was grateful for when her own predicament left her with increased reptile primal emotions of rage - she suppressed the nervous energy and shaking of her limbs.

She instead focused on her work and buried her feelings in scientific curiosity. She was particularly eager to see how the other woman's spinners worked in the field. She was trying to recall where on the woman's body the web-sacs were located. The entire team would get an interesting view if they were, on the woman, where a Rachni's typically were....

"I'll be on comms." she says, similarly starting scouting.

Perception (1d20+10=29) she barely does not see Anansi.
stealth (1d20+14=28) not bad, this is for all the other senses besides any sight-based.

User avatar
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Aerlock » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:16 am

Leviathan
HP: 3 LP:1
CONDITION: Uninjured
STATUS: Cautious

Sheet

Levi pauses before stepping through the portal, "Pardon the delay Miss Vecta, I almost forgot to load up with supplies, not that I'll need them but might as well have extras because you never know when someone else will." With that two compartments open on his flanks right above where a regular human would have hip bones. He fills one with extra water and the other with extra rations. Closing the compartments he then grabs two duffel bags, extends the straps as far as they'll go and puts one over each shoulder. Grabbing a few belts to strap to his arms and legs on the other side of the portal, he again offers his arm to Camilla.

---

Coming through the portal is a bit of a shock to the senses for Leviathan as he takes in all UV reflecting off the various plants and flowers. He quickly adjusts to the visual input and straps the last of the belts to his thigh. ~Now that we're in the field, I'm going to switch to radio only and turn my radio housing off. I'm tired of hearing my echo anyway.~ "Now that we're in the field, I'm going to switch to radio only and turn my radio housing off. I'm tired of hearing my echo anyway."

Watching Hawkwind move around the clearing barely restraining the urge to launch into the air brings a couple questions to mind. ~Now that we're in the field, I'm going to switch to radio only and turn my radio housing off. Hawkwind, I just thought of a few questions. Do we have a flight ceiling on this mission? If so, how high? Also what level of stealth are we trying for? I'm not likely to hit it no matter what we try.~

EnigmaticOne wrote:"Any estimation of how far until we hit the EM field, Hawkwind?"

Hawkwind wrote:"About a half mile." She replies. "Thing is, at this level we should be relatively safe."


~What do you mean at this level? Also does the EM field interfere with Radio communications? If so, I'm going to need some way to communicate.~
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Alert

Carol's response to Greene came over the comms with her safely hidden high in the trees. "Obviously you've never tried webslinging. After the rush walking anywhere's a complete drag."

She shot a strand of webbing from her forearm to get moving. Inside, she had to give credit where it was due to Granny. She had some impressive moves, especially considering she was an egghead with zero field-experience.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:39 pm

GM POST

"The energy field extends in every direction as mentioned in the briefing." Hawkwind replies. "Thing is that it does not reach the forest floor.

"It varies, but I encountered it anywhere from fifteen to thirty feet above the ground. There seems to be no real reason or pattern behind it so be careful if you have to rely on comms in the air."


Hawkwind lifts off the ground, hovering just slightly, and clasps armor on the shoulder. "Very well Armor."

Those with telepathic ability begin to reach out into the jungle, looking for signs of life, of allies.

"CV?" Hawkwind says to Vecta, she had given Armor respect as soon as he came up with the callsign but didn't seem to like this one. She spoke as if her opinion mattered and it was a matter of grave importance. "Fine I guess, but I'll call you Cover Girl."

You don't know if she's serious so filing the name under something to be responded to would probably be wise.

In the two and a half miles around you, there is no signs of human life - modified or otherwise. CV gets an almost overwhelming sense of animal life, and a vague sense of something ancient and extremely powerful. It goes without saying that the sense is also completely alien. All she can get from it for now is a general direction.

Unbidden, an image of Psyche impaled on a spear comes to mind... Until CV realizes that it may be Psyche's body she sees, but the face is her own.

Hawkwind shoots a look towards Levi that is mostly hidden by her mask. By the frown on her face it's likely a sympathetic look.

"Can either of you mindblasters link us?"

Greene and Anansi are in the canopy of leaves in seconds, scouting around the area and losing site of each other forcing the lizard woman to rely on comms to keep connected. For the moment, both operatives are silent and unobserved. If they move higher into the trees, they can eventually see across the land. For as far as they can see there are trees. The occasional break is likely a river of other small clearing.

Levi feels a sort of kindred spirit but at the same time vastly different. It's tugging him vaguely in the same direction as CV's senses. It's a tugging that he can ignore physically.

The Marian feels the mind of a large serpent in the water as well as that of a congregation of alligators. He manages to get fleeting images of alien animals - the numbers seem difficult to calculate but no more than a few to be sure. They have six legs, are jet black and seem to be a little like dogs. They have long snouts with extremely long teeth. They also seem to have tentacles around their heads.

He also gets an image of something that reminds the aquatic legionnaire of Levi, but much larger.

"All right," the lieutenant in charge of the human squad states, "Once we secure the target we will launch green smoke if everything is under control. Be advised I am under orders to call an airstrike on the entire area if we deem that the Alliance might get the target. Thankfully, we also get to determine if such a strike is warranted.

"In other words, if you see red smoke, pray that Rift was exaggerating about not being able to extract us."


Looking around, the lieutenant calls his men to attention and readies them to move out. He glances up to where Greene and Anansi leapt and out into the jungle.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Blue Beetle
HP: 3

"Shouldn't we coordinate with the team?" Willy asked aloud to the irascible Scarab. No.

'You sure we-" Yes. This Scarab is certain.

"But I'm not." Willy said angrily, and then pulled up, hovering in mid air. "Look, the best way we can get the government to trust us and not try to invent ways to murder us is to actually show that we can work with these other Legionnaires. How else do we show them that I can be trusted?"

The host does not need this government to survive. The Scarab can provide for the safety and security of the-

"Not what I meant, and you know it."

There was a pause from the Scarab, followed by this chattering clicking noise that sounded rather exasperated. Likely the Scarab's native language or something, Willy wasn't sure. But he felt the resistance to his actions stop. Smiling a bit, Willy wheeled himself around, wings flickering rapidly as he turned and headed back a bit. In the small diagram of the map, these dots popped up with small expanding circles about them. Radio signals by Willy's guess from experience. It appeared that the Scarab had locked onto the radio signals the commlinks handed out back at base were putting off. That made things much easier. Flitting through the foliage on his wings, Willy quickly found the nearest signal: Tinker's. Coming to a low hover right out of the tree cover, Willy asked the ork-spliced techie, "So, what's the game-plan again?"

User avatar
TempestII
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby TempestII » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:59 am

Camila

"Maybe we should just change the Hawk in your name to Lotahot - it'd suit you." camila said over her shoulder, her tone still that of playful teasing.

Having finished her mental assessment of the surroundings, Camila exited her semi-trance with a soft quiver. The mental image that stayed in her mind was not an appealing one...

"I can't find them. But..." she said, turning to face Hawkwind. Camila hugged her tummy as if warming herself against a chill that only she could feel - her eyes drifted to and fro between the canopies, searching for something invisible.

Pursing her lips, narrowing her eyes, "Nothing. It's nothing."

User avatar
optionqb
Champion
Champion
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Marietta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby optionqb » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:26 am

The Marian
Character Sheet

HP:3
CND: Normal

The Marian activates his comm, "This is the Marian to all members of Romeo Three Zero and and Justice League Hotel. I have sources that indicate that the alien presence in the area may be bolstered by other domesticated xenomorphs. Be on the lookout for beasts that fit the following description: six-legged, jet black in coloring, portruding teeth of considerable sharpness, and tentacles that emenate from the head/neck area. Obviously, these are not native to the Amazon. I can only surmise that they serve as sentries or patrols of some kind. They appear to be the size of small to medium sized dogs and may operate in packs."


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests