Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm

GM Post

By doing the most damage to the invaders, Beetle had obviously set himself as the biggest target. The target that required immediate action. Unaware of the three sights trained on him, the scarab surveyed the surroundings for signs of more of the creatures.

Anansi wrote:"Nice shooting Blue, now duck before they return the favor!"

The arachnid heroine's webs connect with the blue carapace and before the paranoid AI can react, she pulls back on the tether, hard.

For the sake of expedience, I'm rolling a Strength contest here of Beetle's vs Anansi's Strength score - that's 1d20+8 vs 1d20+10 if I read your sheets correctly...

_: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11 (Beetle)
_: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23 (Anansi)
The option to spend HP is there if you desire.

The ground where Beetle had been standing explodes as a bolts of energy rain down.

Should Beetle spend the HP, reroll and succeed against Anansi's strength, well:
_:1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14
_: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
_: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25

I'll hold off from the effects depending on whether or not Beetle is hit. (I.e. spends a HP to roll his own dice.)

I went through every reference in the game I could find to Anansi's action, and in the end played it the way I've played it in tabletop: Anansi's action is like using Move Object to interpose empty space with Beetle. Since by my rolls Anansi has 3 degrees of success, I am ruling that three hits would miss even if only two would have hit (Had I used a fourth Predator at this point that one would have a normal chance to hit.) ... Discuss in the OOC thread if you disagree, plz. In my mind, I've gone with the comic book visual effect over rules to some extent.

In the meantime, Anansi has managed to not be spotted - even though her actions may have just changed that !

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Blue Beetle

Willy wasn't really concernee with whether he was taking care of most of the threats or not. All he was concerned about was making sure those hounds didn't get to anyone else. Or, that they didn't have a chance to. And Khaji Da was rather busy making sure it targetted every last one of them to take any care for rhe dots that suddenly appeared on the armor carapace.

McGuffin wrote:"Nice shooting Blue, now duck before they return the favor!"

"Wait, whuh?..." Willy said as the organic webs caught him on the forearm blaster cannon barrel, and tugged him away from his firing.

The arachne-splice seeks to ensare us. Use blades to free ourselves, then incinerate! Plasma chambers readied for ignition and expulsion!

"No, wait, stop!" he yelled at the Scarab as the armor already began shifting the free arm into a wickedly sharp and nasty blade, poised to chop the strand of web 'restraining' Blue Beetle's arm as the other charged up to explode burning plasma globules like a flamethrower turned up to the 'supernova' setting.

Then came the explosions of the ground behind him, and Will and the AI fell silent as Willy turned his head to see the smoking crater behind him... Right where he had been moments ago hadn't Anansi grabbed him with her webs.

Willy blinked. Khaji Da was silent. The plasma chambers seemed to revert back to their normal settings, and the blade shrunk back into a normal hand. "Um..." Willy managed to say, staring blazing crater where the energy weapons hit.

Revising threat profile. Adapting. Please vocalize appreciation to arachne-splice for assisting in survival of host, though the Sacarab armor had a 95% chance of withstanding the energy blasts.

"Was that a thank you?!?" Willy wondered aloud incredulously.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:13 am

GM Post

It's entirely possible that in all the din of the blast that the only thing you hear is the 'thank you' part of the question, prolonging the debate about Willy's sanity. Possible but the actual result of that probability is left to you.

That brings us to Dr Greene.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:29 am

flynnarrel wrote:Dr. Greene has infravision. If she sees a target she unleashes a line of acid at it.

DC 21 Ref for half. Fort 21 weaken toughness ,affects objects too.

Rather than stay in the tree where a line of acid leads directly back to she'll hide.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:36 am

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Ready

"You're welcome hot shot, now be more careful in the future." The reply seemed to be coming from a bush as Anansi had ducked back out of sight again.
Last edited by McGuffin on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:39 am

GM Post

flynnarrel wrote:
flynnarrel wrote:Dr. Greene has infravision. If she sees a target she unleashes a line of acid at it.

DC 21 Ref for half. Fort 21 weaken toughness ,affects objects too.

Rather than stay in the tree where a line of acid leads directly back to she'll hide.

Just before the blasts hit the spot whre Beetle had been standing, Greene followed the almost impercetible energy signature of the laser targeting system back into the trees... about five feet from where Anansi`s webline streams out.

Her acid stream is well hidden by the blast and action on the ground so she isn`t immediately able to see if there is any result. The howl that you hear though tends to confirm that she connects...

I had noted that action but forgot to acknowledge it. I didn`t post the result because you guys still can`t see the attackers.

Tinker is up.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:50 am

Tinker
HP: 3 / LP: 5

The bolts of energy confirmed that there were the big bads around still. "Artiste!" He barked the code word before launching a mass of colored goo into the zone in which Dr. Greene had launched acid.

Paintball Launcher: Permanent Create 9 (Subtle, Innate)
Spraying the area with paintballed goo to try and negate the stealth of the Predators.
Impeach the peach!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:16 pm

GM Post

Init wrote:Init: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27 Hawkwind
Init: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 Hounds
21 - Leviathan
Init: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21 - Squad Leader
20 - Blue Beetle
17 - Anansi
14 - Amanda Greene
13 - Tinker
Init: 1D20 = [12] = 12 - Andy
4 - Marian

Init: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10
1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3
1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6
1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12
Squad Members

Camilla Vecta

CV is considered to be holding her action for now.

The area to the left of where Anansi had been standing - not far from where Greene targeted something in the tree to the webslinger's right - Tinker's paintball canon sprays the trees and area with a large splotch of paint that stands completely at odds with the foliage of the area.

You never specified color...

Then, a seven and a half foot section of foliage "detaches" from the improvised graffiti, there is a sound akin to howling yet not like anything you've ever heard. It makes you think of what dinosaurs might sound like, or perhaps reminds you of the effects from the Jurassic Park movies. The vaguely humanoid and mostly two dimensional form (the paint seems to have missed a hand and the head, and of course didn't wrap around the alien) drops to the ground and rushes towards the group. What seems to be an electric current is washing over the form, the paint from Tinker's shot winking in and out but still clearly visible.

That brings us to Armour and then the Marian. You have confirmation of at least two opponents in the trees, likely a third from the targeting triangles. Angry Dude has his cloak negated - for now.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:48 am

Andy, AKA Armour
Dodge/Parry 20
Toughness +12

The large suit of Armour leaped forward, his steel fist driving downwards as he lands in front of the rushing invisible painted-beast.

Strike (1d20+12=29)
Assuming that hits, Toughness DC 25

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm

GM Post

Sorry. I hate real life sometimes...

Armour collides with a solid blow to the (not so) invisible stalker. The hero's systems register a slight electrical shock as dreads and a mottled skin come into view momentarily, and then leave only the odd effect of the paint hanging in the air on the front of a humanoid form.

Marian is up.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Marian ?

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:45 am

I'll post today. Sorry. Personal life has been more hectic over the past couple of weeks. Responsibilites are waning and I can resume my normal post rate.

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:11 am

The Marian
Character Sheet

HP:3
CND: Normal

The Marian sees the shimmering, hulking humanoid standing face to face with Armour. Roberto springs quickly into action moving off to the flank of the "thing" before unloading with a powerful strike of his own.

Melee attack on "invisible" humanoid: 1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12. Meh...I'm sure that missed. It's a rank 8 damage effect.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:16 am

GM Post

The shimmering must throw off the Marian`s depth perception, because despite his power and abilities, he misses his target.

The squad members, despite rigourous training of their own, turn almost in unison and start firing into the brush. There might be a squack of protest from Anansi but the archne-splice easily avoids the hail of bullets. There is a wet "thump" sound that passes mostly unheard by the group, and one of the soldiers slumps over, a smoking hole in his back. His gun continues to fire, strafing the ground as his finger locks with his death...

Meanwhile Vecta continues to receive the enigmatic cries for help, the sense of vastness and now... a small sense of hope.

Off to the left, something is crashing through the wounds without effort to be quiet or stay hidden. There is a dark shape moving quickly, humanoid in form, roughly 6-7 feet in height.

Hawkwind sweeps the area, trying to get a sense of what is happening before taking an action of her own. The Hounds remaining retreat, but you can still hear their howls and snarls just at the edge of the area, now mixed with an almost keening sound for their fallen kin.

Back to Leviathan !

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 am

Leviathan
HP: 3 -> 2 LP: 0
CONDITION: Uninjured

Sheet

Following his own trail of destruction back to the clearing, Levi spots the painted enemy fighting Armour and the dark shape off to the left of the clearing. Seeing that Armour has his opponent in hand currently, Levi aims another dive bomb at the dark shape in the woods.

All-out Attack Charge + Slam attack on the dark shape.
Attack Roll: 1d20+11=28 -2 from the Charge and +5 from the All-out Attack makes that 31
Assuming that hits, there's a DC 28 Toughness save for the dark shape.
Toughness Save vs DC 21 from the Slam: 1d20+12=18 And I'll pop a HP to redo that roll.
1d20+12=19 +10 from the reroll makes that a 29. Success! No damage due to the Slam.
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Return to “M&M Game Room”