Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 am

GM Post

I will be resolving the above actions shortly, do not presume the rolls are wasted. However... Blue Beetle takes a HP

Beetle's cannon charges, Anansi prepares to identify the target as Tinker likewise thinks to do with his previously pertinent paint propeller (tm pending). The soldiers are spooked, but to their continued credit hold their fire.

It`s CV that is the sudden source of surprise and distraction. She clutches the sides of her head and screams in agony, dropping to the ground in agony. You can see blood oozing between the fingers as she clutches her ears. Her eyes glaze over, but her scream continues.

Beetle fades from view, his body wavering in the air like a mirage - definitely not an extraction with a power like Rift`s - and he is gone before anyone can react.

When he again feels solid, the Scarab is likely screaming at him. There is darkness and the feeling of being in a cave. However there is also a feeling of static electricty in the air and no sense of dampness.

HELP ME

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Blue Beetle
HP: 5 Cond: This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

One moment, Willy felt the AI reacting to the threat of the alien hunter killing the soldier. The next, Willy found himself with his blast cannon pointed at the wall of a dark cave, the light blue smoke from the barrel that replaced his hand fading away. IN his mind, Khaji Da was screaming gibberish, everything apparently technical and a bit over Willy's head as he tried to quiet it down.

Surprisingly, it did so on it's own. Analyzing. Processing. Calculating. was all it would say as Willy's HUD came alive with it's searching and finding, it's attempts at figuring out exactly where Willy was, what was about to happen, what they could do, who had done this to them, and how might they destroy them. So, more or less the same as it was for any new situation.

But, he did manage to get some manner of intersting tidbits from the AI's screams. Static electricity present in the vicinity at vectors... Khaji Da had droned, by which Willy wasn't really concentrating. But he was aware that he was in a cave. That much the AI had said for certain. They were surrounded by geological formations, but the place wasn't wet (or having the proportion of water required for the creation of such a cave naturally on this planet), which meant that there was something more. Oh, and the AI had termed it as some manner of forced teleportation. And boy, was it p*ssed about that.

His HUD began to glow a dull blue as he found his surroundings grow clearer. Ah, so the Scarab finally decided to let him have access to the main suit of sensors, Willy realized. Glancing about, he figured that the readings popping up in his HUD spoke of being somewhere near dormant tech of some sort. But what, he didn't know. He began to walk over to one of the formations. Who knows, maybe he could find an "on switch" around here. Or someplace for the AI to get a better look at the place. As of right now, it was keeping mum, save for it's constant warnings.

Danger, William Northrup. Danger. Unknown Environment, Calculations 63% complete. it intoned as Willy began to search the place, looking for something useful, some tid-bit of knowledge that might be more helpful.

Scarab Senses have Darkvision. Hopefully that should allow me to look around... Dormant Tech right? Can I look around for a place to interface with it? Or at least find something that could give more information about my new surroundings? Perception 17

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Tinker
HP: 3 / LP: 5

Ok, enough. Wes, get to work. Tinker frantically raised his paintball gun and started painting the soldier's zone with blue/purple paint.

On an entirely parallel path, his mind raced to try and figure out what had just happened to Beetle.

Technology: 1d20+19=35
Expertise (Science): 1d20+15=27

To see if Tinker has run across anything before that might relate to WTF happened.
Impeach the peach!

Image

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:42 am

GM Post

The closest that Tinker can come to thinking about what happened to Beetle is Rift using her powers. Thinking to his encounters with the teleporting gene-spliced operative, he realizes that he mostly experienced rather than viewed her power at work.

It doesn`t take much extrapolation, also given Jotun`s recounting of how Psyche disappeared, that it was very possible that the beings spliced to Rift were at work here, or something similiar. It was also possible that it was a tech based teleporter of some kind.

The blue/ purple paint makes the foliage very distinctive, in fact completely covering the alien expect for the little bit of cover that the dead soldier provides. In almost the exact instant that the paint connects, a large section of the hunter`s shoulder explodes, the hand and forearm dropping to the ground. It screams/ howls in pain, a pain instantly too much for it to handled.

Soldier and painted alien drop to the ground and the forest becomes deathly quiet.

Meanwhile, Willy began to look around, hoping to find the cause of his transportation. There was no step down from where he was, no control panel that he would expect from a Star Trek transporter... The cavern is large, just as he had surmised. As he begins to walk and scan his surroundings, he realized that what he thought was geological was in fact... organic. Even there, he noticed that he could only see the organic bits - large though they appeared to be - were actually along large fissures in metal.

He finally comes to the conclusion that he must be in some kind of storage area, and comes to a kind of wall with a panel and what looks like a door.

There is a sense of familiarity to Willy in the door`s structure and metal framing, but he can`t quite place it. The droning of the... entity... is starting to encroach on the omnipresent AI...

Does Willy think that any other member of the team would be useful in this situation? :twisted:

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:08 am

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Fine

Carrol watched in stun silence as the alien assailant exploded as soon as Tinker's paint touched it. She stood up straight, looked from the remains to the eccentric Legionnaire and back to the carcass. Slowly and warily she moved closer to investigate.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:13 am

Another instant where I think I`m being clear... the alien dropped from Beetle`s attack, not Tinker`s paint gun. I imagine in the heat of the moment thoug, that Anansi might not have realized that Blue fired...

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:52 am

Dr. Greene

"Nevermind." She says to Armour, abandoning her unneeded plan. If the creatures could 'ping' on another then that technology must be somewhere in the strange helmet, maybe together they could have found it and integrated it into the suit. But no matter.

Dr. Greene rushes over to the downed creature; if he were still alive maybe they could get answers.

She checks for vital signs and administers emergency care if needed.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Blue Beetle
HP: 5 Cond: Wish Leviathan was here... damnit...

Analysis complete. Environment is the inside of some manner of organic-metallic entity. Metal inlaid with organic components. Conclusions suggest close match to Legionnaire: Leviathan. Alien Gene parent of similar genetic make-up. Khaji Da intoned in Willy's mind as he gazed around the ship, marveling at it's incredible size and the fact that it was apparently alive.

"This thing's alive?" Willy breathed, his mouth falling agape.

Correct.

"Damn..." he breathed as his hand traced the wall as he drew up to what looked like a door. The dull sheen of the metal lined with the apparent organic areas... he would never have known from a glance...

There was a metal framing around what appeared to be a door. Willy approached the door carefully, inspecting it before he reached out to touch it, wondering if it would open. If not, he'd just find a panel near it, small little tentacles extending from his fingertips, their ends designed specifically for interfacing with technology - terrestrial or otherwise.

You know, I haven't ever seen Farscape, so I have no idea what a Leviathan looks like on the inside. So... I'm shooting blind with descriptions...

Anyways, trying to open the door... will interface with a panel to open if need be by setting Variable to Enhanced Technology 12 [limited to Security] (or is it 16? Can't tell if putting a limit on a Skill raises it to 3ranks/point or 4) and Skill Mastery (Tech), with the descriptor of touching a panel by the door and having Khaji Da interface with the ship to gain access to opening the door...or it's not enough and sh*t just gets worse off...

Man, I wish Leviathan was teleported with me... this would probably be easier with him around...

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:58 am

GM Post

Hands steepled together, and in my best Monty Burns voice.... "Exxxcccellent."

First aid and triage are actually possible on the alien. It`s helmet has been knocked off as it slumped to the ground. As the cloak shuts itself off, one thing is certain - this thing us ugly with capital ugly. Yellow, almost flourescent, blood spatters the cauterized wound. The beast hisses and growls at you weakly.

While the rest of you close ranks and form a tighter line of defense, tending to the wounded and looking to guard your prisoner, Leviathan fades from view.

*Given Leviathan`s size, does anyone try to grab for him?*

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby EnigmaticOne » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 am

Tinker
HP: 3 / LP: 5

"We got a problem. Either this is a Rift's alien thing or tech, but someone's porting people away."
Impeach the peach!

Image

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Dr. Greene

Too focused on her 'patient' to notice much else, Dr. Greene unpacks her first aid kit. "Marian, please asssssissssst." Her reptilian nature, so closely monitored as other times, asserts itself in her haste. (or maybe hasssste).


User avatar
optionqb
Champion
Champion
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Marietta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby optionqb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 pm

The Marian
Character Sheet

HP:3
CND: Normal

Roberto kneels down beside Dr. Greene. Still, he cannot help but feel nervous about the possibility of further attack. His eyes dart around the jungle for one last look before focusing attention on the doctor. "Just give the orders doctor. I'll be your personal scrub tech."

Let me know if you need a treatment roll from me.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Maybe an aid other check with your medical expertise. A really good one can get us to 30.

User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3093
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby McGuffin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Anansi
HP: 2 Cnd: Fine

Carrol looked on with steely eyes as Granma Green and Big Blue tried to stabilize their captive. She drew the spear from the body of the unfortunate soldier, flicked the blood of it to the side and placed it's edge right underneath the chin of the captive alien assailant. "Time for some answers. English, fugly, do you speak it?"
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

User avatar
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4823
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am
Location: Laval

Re: Justice Legion - Episode One - A League of Their Own

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:51 am

GM Post

flynnarrel wrote:Maybe an aid other check with your medical expertise. A really good one can get us to 30.


Please. 8)

I`m waiting on Leviathan to post before moving forward.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests