[2e Iron Age] Black Ops (full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: [2e Iron Age] Black Ops (recruiting)

Postby Illusionista » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:17 am

Looks good Anomalocaris. Depending on the interested parties, I'll accept two or three more characters before I close up shop.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
- Niccolò Machiavelli

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sriseru » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:27 am

Considering that three days have passed, do you think there will be more characters submitted?

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:25 pm

I think December is a lousy time to recruit. If the current crew is getting antsy, I could just make two NPCs and keep recruiting until we have two more PCs.
- Niccolò Machiavelli

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Around the holiday season it tends to slow down in general on the boards, even in established games. So it makes sense recruitment would be slower as well. I am fine waiting until January or starting with two temporary NPC's.

The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Postby The Kryptonian » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:46 pm

I like a challenge, I would be cool starting down two bodies if you've planned for six, and have those two join us later on, after all Perez is still looking for new hires :shock:
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sriseru » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:56 am

mrdent12 wrote:I am fine waiting until January or starting with two temporary NPC's.

I second this.

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:14 am

You second indecision? :lol:
- Niccolò Machiavelli

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 am

Well if a decision is called for, I would prefer starting with 4(if it doesn't mess your plans up too much) and adding more as they are "hired". Having NPC's doing stuff that PC's would be doing feels like cheating.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:52 am

I've got a water-controlling ninja I could submit for this, a sort of (semi-)honorable merc, the last of his clan. I'll have to look up what I've got on the sheet back home in the next day or two, but it should require tweaking at most.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Anomalocaris
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Anomalocaris » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am

I'd rather wait until January than start with a couple of NPCs (although I suppose you could reinforce the Iron Age nature of the game by killing them off when the new hires arrive :wink: ). If you're okay running for four people then I'm game to start, but if not I'd say let's wait.
I always thought of myself as more of a proto-arthropod, but apparently...

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sriseru » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 am

Illusionista wrote:You second indecision? :lol:

You're goddamn right I do. 8)

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:06 am

McGuffin wrote:I've got a water-controlling ninja I could submit for this, a sort of (semi-)honorable merc, the last of his clan. I'll have to look up what I've got on the sheet back home in the next day or two, but it should require tweaking at most.
A ninja? Now all we need is some cheese cake and we have a full Iron Age bingo :lol:
- Niccolò Machiavelli

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Re: [2e Iron Age] Black Ops (recruiting 2 more)

Postby Illusionista » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

I put the list of characters so far at the top of the original post. I'm still looking for 2 more.
- Niccolò Machiavelli

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Here's the background on Yoshi Arai, the Red Mist. It turned out the sheet needed a bit more work than I remembered but I should hopefully have it posted here on Monday.

Yoshi Arai, the Red Mist

Yoshi Arai was raised like any other child of the Akai Kiri clan, taught from a young age how to fight and kill, to disappear into the night. Then, the real training began. The Clan's oldest masters taught the single-minded killing machines they were entrusted with to control their Chi, to harness and focus it, and to wield it as the Akai Kiri's greatest weapon: the Red Mist. Focusing his Chi, Yoshi could force the moisture in the air to condense into water in it's liquid state and wield it as a weapon deadlier than any blade. With sufficient pre-existing water he could even wipe away his enemies in a Tidal Wave.
Yoshi excelled at his training, and that's what ended up saving his life. The Akai Kiri were mercenaries, very secretive about their existence and only contacting those who they chose to hire themselves out to. When word got out about a mission, whether it be assassination or kidnapping, espionage or sabotage, it always came to the attention of the Akai Kiri and if they were interested, the client would recieve notice of the Clan accepting the task.
But that didn't mean the Akai Kiri were the only hidden Clan. They'd been locked in a bitter rivalry with the Hisui Ryuu for centuries until finally one night, while Yoshi was out on a mission, the Hisui Ryuu finally found their ancient enemy's hidden stronghold and invaded, slaughtering the once powerful Clan. When Yoshi returned from his succesful mission, he only found the dead and the dying who cried out for Dragon blood.
Yoshi, bearing the name of the Red Mist, the last Akai Kiri, hunted down the Jade Dragons of Hisui Ryuu without mercy and finally his travels lead him to America. Unfortunately, his hunt has forced him to continue his Clan's mercenary ways in a less discrete fashion and he had found himself in the employ of a woman called Carmen Perez.

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:09 am

Sheet for Red Mist. Still not 100 % satisfied with the sheet, the saves are low but I'm having trouble coming up with what to cut to buff 'em up.

Yoshi Arai, a.k.a. Red Mist
PL 10 150 pp

Abilities (24):
Str 16 (+3)
Con 16 (+3)
Dex 18 (+4)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 14 (+2)
Cha 10 (+0)

Feats (25):
Acrobatic Bluff
Attack Focus (melee) 4
Defensive Roll 5
Dodge Focus 6
Elusive Target
Equipment 1
Evasion
Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Initiative
Quick Draw
Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Notice, Sleight of Hand, Sealth)
Sneak Attack
Takedown Attack

Equipment (5/5):
Sword

Skills (15):
Acrobatics 10 (+14)
Climb 6 (+11)
Disable Device 6 (+12)
Knowledge: Streetwise 6 (+8)
Language 1
Notice 8 (+11)
Search 8 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 5 (+11)
Stealth 10 (+14)

Languages: Japanese (native), English

Powers (42):

Red Mist (Perception Fort Damage 10 [40]
– Water Whip (Ranged Damage 8 ), Tidal Wave (Move Object 10 [Perception Ranged, Limited to Water]), Enhanced Feats (Attack Focus [ranged] 4) [1]
– Drown (Perception Range Suffocate 10) [1]

Saves (16):
Fort +7
Tough +8
Ref +10
Will +9

Combat (28):
Atk +12
Def +12
Init +8

Complications:

Enemy (Jade Dragon)

Motivation (Revenge)

Mercenary Honor - Doesn't take conflicting contracts, doesn't kill unless contracted

Abilities 24 + Feats 25 + Skills 15 + Powers 42 + Saves 16 + Combat 28 = 150

Yoshi Arai was raised like any other child of the Akai Kiri clan, taught from a young age how to fight and kill, to disappear into the night. Then, the real training began. The Clan's oldest masters taught the single-minded killing machines they were entrusted with to control their Chi, to harness and focus it, and to wield it as the Akai Kiri's greatest weapon: the Red Mist. Focusing his Chi, Yoshi could force the moisture in the air to condense into water in it's liquid state and wield it as a weapon deadlier than any blade. With sufficient pre-existing water he could even wipe away his enemies in a Tidal Wave.
Yoshi excelled at his training, and that's what ended up saving his life. The Akai Kiri were mercenaries, very secretive about their existence and only contacting those who they chose to hire themselves out to. When word got out about a mission, whether it be assassination or kidnapping, espionage or sabotage, it always came to the attention of the Akai Kiri and if they were interested, the client would recieve notice of the Clan accepting the task.
But that didn't mean the Akai Kiri were the only hidden Clan. They'd been locked in a bitter rivalry with the Hisui Ryuu for centuries until finally one night, while Yoshi was out on a mission, the Hisui Ryuu finally found their ancient enemy's hidden stronghold and invaded, slaughtering the once powerful Clan. When Yoshi returned from his succesful mission, he only found the dead and the dying who cried out for Dragon blood.
Yoshi, bearing the name of the Red Mist, the last Akai Kiri, hunted down the Jade Dragons of Hisui Ryuu without mercy and finally his travels lead him to America. Unfortunately, his hunt has forced him to continue his Clan's mercenary ways in a less discrete fashion and he had found himself in the employ of a woman called Carmen Perez.

Red Mist (Akai Kiri) – Jade Dragon (Hisui Ryuu)
Last edited by McGuffin on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “M&M Game Room”