2e Iron Age Interest (closed)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

2e Iron Age Interest (closed)

Postby Moira » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 am

Original Post wrote:Another thread around here got me to thinking, who would be interested in something along the lines of an Iron Age game? I'm sort of teetering between a black ops game - you're hired by a rich guy because you like money and have skills to take out what needs to be taken out - or a local small time crimefighting group who possibly found something bigger than they could handle, but handle nne the less because their city needs protecting.

Any bites?

So, now the big question: which do you guy really want to play: PL8 city defenders or PL10 black ops?

PL8 city defenders would see the cops as corrupt individuals, turning a blind eye to whatever they wanted and being thoroughly in the pocket of several gangs and mafias. The only real line of help around these parts is you guys. The costumed individuals who fight back against the injustice that's eating this town. Powers would be low level to non existent. While they might protect you, they certainly aren't going to do so forever. While the tone of this game would be dark, but your would be the point of light in said darkness.

PL10 black ops would see you as mercenaries answering to a shadowy figure who has promised you whatever you wish if you just use your powers to do what they wish. You will be travelling to all parts of the globe for your benefactor's bidding. One day your could assassinating a head of state, the next you could be fetching intel from a warehouse in the middle of nowhere, another you could be protecting an asset. Whatever, just as long as the shadowy figure is keeping up their end of the deal. Again, dark toned game. you don't have to be a psychopath/sociopath to work for the shadowy figure, but you will be doing "good" in ways that may make you question "why". Powers could be all over the place, go nuts :P
Last edited by Moira on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Re: 2e Iron Age Interest

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 am

I am tentatively interested. What PL and setting are you thinking?

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:56 am

The local crimefighting group would be PL6 or 8. The black ops would be PL10.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 am

Count me interested in either option.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:19 am

I think I can come up with something for both ideas.

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 am

I'd say if we get two or three more I'd start a poll on which people wanted more.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Interested.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

XLS
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby XLS » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Um, yes.

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:43 pm

So, now the big question: which do you guy really want to play: PL6 city defenders or PL10 black ops?

PL6 city defenders would see the cops as corrupt individuals, turning a blind eye to whatever they wanted and being thoroughly in the pocket of several gangs and mafias. The only real line of help around these parts is you guys. The costumed individuals who fight back against the injustice that's eating this town. Powers would be low level to non existent. While they might protect you, they certainly aren't going to do so forever. While the tone of this game would be dark, but your would be the point of light in said darkness.

PL10 black ops would see you as mercenaries answering to a shadowy figure who has promised you whatever you wish if you just use your powers to do what they wish. You will be travelling to all parts of the globe for your benefactor's bidding. One day your could assassinating a head of state, the next you could be fetching intel from a warehouse in the middle of nowhere, another you could be protecting an asset. Whatever, just as long as the shadowy figure is keeping up their end of the deal. Again, dark toned game. you don't have to be a psychopath/sociopath to work for the shadowy figure, but you will be doing "good" in ways that may make you question "why". Powers could be all over the place, go nuts :P
RIP Angel 1989-2011

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 pm

I am partial to the black ops because of the globe trotting element and I am a sucker for "why" type questions in games, but I also would be more than happy with the city defenders as I have an archer character I have been itching to play and build.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:13 pm

I love lower powered games, so I would be interested in the city defenders game.

Plus a chance to RP with MrDent where we are both players would be very appealing...
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Either option works for me.

Be intersting to what people come up with for backgrounds and builds.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

XLS
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby XLS » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I guess I'd be in favor of the higher-powered game. PL6 seems too low, but PL8 or 9 (or 10 but 140 pp or something) seems like it could allow for a variety of powers without being crazy-- and it would also be possible to have non-powered PCs who can go toe to toe with the powered variety, which can make life easier when crafting villains.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm interested in the PL 10 black ops game
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:24 pm

XLS wrote:I guess I'd be in favor of the higher-powered game. PL6 seems too low, but PL8 or 9 (or 10 but 140 pp or something) seems like it could allow for a variety of powers without being crazy-- and it would also be possible to have non-powered PCs who can go toe to toe with the powered variety, which can make life easier when crafting villains.
Street Level Archetypes
Street Level Archetypes 2
Freedom City Street Level Archetypes

If you're looking for inspiration on how to make a street level character, these are a good start. Then again, it looks as if we've tipped towards the black ops game in voting :P Unless it gets unanimous real quick, i'll leave the voting open for a day or two.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

Return to “M&M Game Room”