The LC Foundation [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Re: The LC Foundation [OOC]

Postby Evolución » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Heads up: I'll be on vacation till the 27th, expect 0 activity from my part until that date. NPC/sidetrack my character as you see fit.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Coyotzin: Has the demon been saving against the Mental Sedative on its turns? It's Progressive.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:17 am

THe demon saved successfully on the first attack, so the condition didn't set in for Progressive to come into effect.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Ok, just wanted to make sure.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Sorry, the All-Out Power attack was all +/-2, I thought the DC would make it clear. My bad.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:09 am

Not sure you can use 1hp to stunt and surge to use it twice. Could be wrong, but I thought I stunt was only around until used them had to be restunted, not flatly there for the turn.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:54 am

Stunts stay for the entire scene. So Maggie recovered from the Exhausted condition that stunting caused by spending 1 HP. HOWever, you can only use Extra Effort once per turn, so she can't do it again to gain another action. So she's still Fatigued and I'll only have the demons save once (unless you want to go Exhausted and keep the HP).

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 am

Ah, okay, my mistake. I may have been thinking of 2E where a HP can be used for Heroic Feat separate from a Surge. I'll accept the Exhausted condition. The description and role playing opportunities can stay the same.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Kill stealer!!! :x

Actually, Dark will probably give her words about how stupid that was, a shrapnel whirlwind in an enclosed place where any number of unintentional targets could have been hit, because from a character perspective who doesn't know the attack had selective on it and noone but the bad guys were in any actual danger from it, it seemed like a very poor choice in tactics.

OOCly, it worked out well, even though I worked hard all battle to whittle the big guy down only to have the KO swiped from under me. :cry:

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Ah, you assume she meant to do it..... Maggie barely kept her friends safe by inserting Selective into Ferra's metal storm. But I'm sure that will come out. Feel free to be bitter and bitchy about it, EPIC.

That's what I meant by roleplaying opportunities. :)

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Yeah, in 2e, you could spend a HP for a 'regular or power feat' such as Alternate Power separate from the Extra Effort used to surge.

In 3e you can just get an advantage for your HP.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:30 pm

I think it makes better sense to stunt off Extra Effort, so even HP-deprived characters can do exactly what Maggie did: push themselves beyond their limits, do their awesome thing, and collapse :) The fact that HPs can cancel fatigue levels means that mechanically it's just about the same as in 2E, but with the added option.

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Pretty sure the "bitter and bitchy" comment was uncalled for.

YOU are the one assuming things. I specifically said Dark's following actions clregarding Magna will be due to the fact she didn't know it was accidental. Obviously I do because I can see the mechanical build of the stunt itself.

As for the "kill steal", you're assuming I actually care that much. It's disappointing, sure, since I was focused on him the entire fight and keeping him from attacking others, but it's not like you were trying to be a prick about it. He just happened to be in the blast radius. It happens.

Coyotzin
Titan
Titan

Postby Coyotzin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:45 pm

I call this line of discussion closed from further comments before any more replies are misinterpreted or over-read.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Is there a specific check to find someone with a Foci or do I just need to say "Milo destroys a Foci"?

Return to “M&M Game Room”