Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance [Interest]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance [Interest]

Postby zeone3000 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:08 pm

I remember, a few months ago, someone suggesting taking the adventure path and turning into a M&M game. It sounded like a good idea then and it still does.

I can do either edition, I'm just trying to nail down a starting PL, damage rank of certain weapons and PL of certain enemies. Other then that, pretty easy.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance [Interest]

Postby zeone3000 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:23 am

Let me make this not look like a game in progress by changing that IC to interest...

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:39 am

Can i play a jedi?
    Insert witty comment here.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:04 am

Interest.
Also, for damage ranks of specific weapons, I'd suggest just allowing people to design them as whatever devices they want, unless you want them to be common equipment.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:43 am

Miralukan Jedi Scholar or noble/jedi as i have played several versions of star wars, that or a techie type that works on starships as i enjoyed that type of character.

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 am

Would a force user with no affiliation be possible? If not I'll settle for a fast ship and a wookie sidekick :D
RIP Angel 1989-2011

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 am

@Plan B

Yes, DoD takes place only a few month after RotS so Jedi are still out there, watching and waiting,

@Jemal

It's more for the NPC and such.

@Moira

Yes

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 am

Eh, since everyone's snuggling up to the force users anyway, I figure someone need to know how to pilot a ship and be good with a blaster :D I'll aim for a Twi'lek Smuggler. Wookie sidekick will depend on build and points :P
RIP Angel 1989-2011

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:09 am

Ah, in that case here's a coule of personal suggestions:
for a standard Lightsaber, I'd go with Damage ~9, 9 being the toughness of steel.

For Blasters they do have some standard examples in the book: Blaster Pistol ranged damage 5, Blaster rifle ranged damage 8.

These may seem a bit powerful for 'standard' weapons, but given that it wouldn't be a 'super hero' game, then PL 8-10 characters aren't necessarily bullet-proof super-powered types, just force-powered or very skilled humanoids, and as such 'standard' weapons SHOULD be in the area of being able to take them down, but not enough to one-shot them.

Then there's of course the thermal detonator: I'd run it as essentially plastic explosives(Damage 10), possibly with a linked effect or higher rank, depending on how badass you want it to feel.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 am

This thread

and

This one

Have some really nice and pretty accurate info for making characters. Hustlers thread has info on the clone wars battle droid forces which were recent to the movie, and the setting thread would require minimal conversion for updated empire era characters.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sriseru » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:19 am

I'm interested.

I have this cool concept for a character who is a droid created in the Old Republic Era by a Sith Lord seeking immortality. The droid's CPU was made with holocron technology to store the Sith Lord's memories, personality, and he even intended to transfer his spirit into it.
Unfortunately, things went wrong. Before he could complete his work, the Sith Lord was assassinated by his apprentice and his secret laboratory collapsed and buried him and the droid.
Thousands of years later, archaeologists of the Galactic Empire, in search of Sith relics for the Emperor, uncovered the ruins of the laboratory and the droid.
Scanning the droid, the archaeologists found what looked like a Sith holocron embedded in its head, something that would be insanely valuable to Emperor Palpatine. However, the scan unintentionally activated the droid who falsely believed that he was his creator, only cut off from the force and trapped in a mechanical body, and once he overheard the archaeologists talk about disassembling him, he fought his way out and escaped.

So basically a droid who believes himself to be a Sith Lord and seeks to either hide from or destroy the Empire for self-preservation.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 am

This sounds interesting. Depending on how a submission to another game goes I have an idea for a Verpine Force Adept that I'll flesh out and post up here.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:34 am

I was talking with Moira via PM and am contemplating throwing in the Wookie part of her pitch.

My only problem to date is that I don`t want to play a Chewbacca clone as it were...

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Ooh, I can play a Droid character similar to HK-47 from KotOR. Also, interested.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:01 pm

@zeone3000
Are you still thinking of running this game?

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Return to “M&M Game Room”