Justice Legion - Supers vs Aliens - OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Supers vs Aliens - Interest

Postby McGuffin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:16 am

Bladewind wrote:
Shadow13 wrote:So what Pl are we looking at?

I'm leaning towards 11 with the possibility of a tradeoff option (PL/10/180, PL 11/165, PL 12/150)
It will honestly depend as I intend to hand out

I'd suggest PL 10 or 11, upper PL because this seems like a global scale game but still lower PL because this seems like an underdog-situation. Just my two cents.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:32 am

I would vote for B. With my potential character idea being a rescued alien symbiote who was used by one of the many alien groups as battle armor, but treating it like a slave instead of a partner. The gene treatments might mean that my character cannot survive for long without it being present.

On the other hand, it was a willing partner of the alien, but is being forced to one degree or another into helping the humans, with it's personality being less then helpful but not quite hostile.

Maybe it's from a culture that views status in terms of how great it's chosen host becomes? Thus making it less then happy about being stuck with a species who're the equivalent of talking goldfish to the rest of the universe.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:24 am

So, an alternate Reach Scarab program? Like the third Blue Beetle? Cool. I've played a Blue Beetle with a Reach Scarab before, and they are incredibly fun to play. Bladewind prolly remembers that one, from Bombaatu's Justice. League Legacies game...

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:36 am

I do indeed.... and it's given me more fodder...

Looking over the interest so far, I am starting to lean towards my own personal preference of B.
The Wolvie pitch can still potentially work too.

Still not ready to jump to cement the choice or jump to recruitment yet though...

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 am

If B it is: I have two ideas, both around the idea of Ork (Warhammer 40k) DNA being spliced with my guy. One would be a standard warrior thing. Second... Mekboy DNA, so instead he has the gadgeteer powerset, since he somehow makes his insane contraptions work. :D
Impeach the peach!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:00 pm

McGuffin wrote:
I'd suggest PL 10 or 11, upper PL because this seems like a global scale game but still lower PL because this seems like an underdog-situation. Just my two cents.

Nods. My leaning as well...

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:08 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote: Second... Mekboy DNA, so instead he has the gadgeteer powerset, since he somehow makes his insane contraptions work. :D

You familiar at all with the comic series Horsenhero referenced? Strikeforce: Morituri? The Mekboy sounds like a viable player character substitute for Adept...

I put a link in your quote for me, referencing back to the Warhammer Wiki as I had to look up your pitch. ;)

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Bladewind wrote:
EnigmaticOne wrote: Second... Mekboy DNA, so instead he has the gadgeteer powerset, since he somehow makes his insane contraptions work. :D

You familiar at all with the comic series Horsenhero referenced? Strikeforce: Morituri? The Mekboy sounds like a viable player character substitute for Adept...

I put a link in your quote for me, referencing back to the Warhammer Wiki as I had to look up your pitch. ;)

I've heard of the series. And in fact, I will submit the Mekboy based idea. Because I have some lovely background writing ideas churning up.

Preview wrote:I'm fairly that Dr. Montag won't say it of scientific pride - but he clearly has come to regard Anderson as a witch.
Impeach the peach!

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Hmmm

Postby Evolución » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:50 am

Interesting game concept, I'll vote B or C

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:27 am

By my count, B seems to have garned the most interest...

I will flip to full on recruitment tonight.

Enigmatic - was the "Anderson" name intentional? That happens to be Adept`s real name in Morituri...

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 am

Hmmm, looking over the strike force series, it might make more sense to choose a single power or power set.

Not just because it suits the feeling of the game, but because it keeps me from spreading myself too thin trying to be a Swiss Army knife hero.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:48 am

What do you think about a droid reconstructed from alien technology?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:50 am

LEt me get my setting idea out and I think the last two posts will be answered... :wink:

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 pm

I like option B. I will wait to see your setting info before deciding on a submission.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Bladewind wrote:By my count, B seems to have garned the most interest...

I will flip to full on recruitment tonight.

Enigmatic - was the "Anderson" name intentional? That happens to be Adept`s real name in Morituri...

As it happens, no. :shock: Though I might as well go with it for the Shout Out quality. :)
Impeach the peach!

Return to “M&M Game Room”