3e Paragons: Vanguard Agents of PAX. Recruiting Ends Sunday

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Re: 3e Paragons: Vanguard Agents of PAX. Recruiting

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:52 pm

My character is ready for a full review.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:32 am

optionqb wrote:Do you think there's room for a ocean/sea based hero? An Atlantean in the mold of a Namor or an Aquaman? He would already come with some good built in complications like being weaker out of water. Do you think this type of toon would be too gimped for the missions you have in mind?

One way of doing that, since PlanB is allowing the PL/PP trade-offf, would be to make it a PL 12/150pp character, and make up the point loss by limiting a lot of his stuff.. For example, build him up to PL 10 'base', and then have enhanced abilities limited to being in water to raise him up to his PL 12 cap.
Could be interesting, and when he DOES get into a water-based scenario, he'll feel real badass.

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:12 am

jemal wrote:
optionqb wrote:Do you think there's room for a ocean/sea based hero? An Atlantean in the mold of a Namor or an Aquaman? He would already come with some good built in complications like being weaker out of water. Do you think this type of toon would be too gimped for the missions you have in mind?

One way of doing that, since PlanB is allowing the PL/PP trade-offf, would be to make it a PL 12/150pp character, and make up the point loss by limiting a lot of his stuff.. For example, build him up to PL 10 'base', and then have enhanced abilities limited to being in water to raise him up to his PL 12 cap.
Could be interesting, and when he DOES get into a water-based scenario, he'll feel real badass.

That's a great idea. I'll work on something today.

ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ecar369 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:51 am

Silhouette (PL 11)

Backstory: As a child, Blake Matsuo used to love sitting with his grandfather by the fire before bed, and how before bed Oba (as he was called) would pull Blake into his lap and tell him legends of the Matsuo family history. Oba would tell the little boy of their old ancestors, dating back to feudal Japan, and their age old rivalry with the Ishikawa family. It was said that the two families, once good friends, had become sworn enemies after choosing opposing sides in battles between two warring shoguns. The Matsuos had chosen to follow a leader who was well versed in powerful sorcery, and he’d taught the family patriarch a ritual to strengthen the men, turn them into super soldiers with heightened senses and agility, the most skilled fighters in the land, the most secret and stealthy of ninjas. He told of how the rivalry continued on to this day, and that someday it would be Blake’s turn to take up arms in defense of his family. Blake would stare up at his Oba wide eyed listening to the tales, and fall asleep dreaming of ancient battles and secret rituals.

But as he grew older, Blake grew out of fairy tales, the way we all do. And soon his Oba’s stories began to seem more silly and far fetched than actual family history. Until late one night when Blake was 17, his father came running into the living room where Blake, his little sister Abi, their mother, and his Oba had all been watching TV, simply shouting, “They’re coming! Get to the cellar now!” Blake watched with a slight sense of dread as his father bolted across the room, grabbing the family sword that rested above the mantle. He was always told it was a family heirloom, and was adamantly instructed never to touch it. Blake had always thought of it as nothing more than a delicate antique; until his father quickly unsheathed it and turned around, poised for battle.

As Blake watched his father, he noticed that the blade was an unusual shade of jet black, and seemed to have little wisps of shadow emanating from it. But before he could examine the strange sword more closely, a large bang was heard from the front door, windows started shattering, and strange men dressed entirely in black started filling the house, brandishing assorted weapons against the Matsuos. Blake’s father rushed forward, placing himself between the men and his family, fighting off assailant after assailant and screaming for the family to get to safety. Oba joined him, taking on as many as he could hand to hand, but there were so many. Blake and his family were cornered in the family room, he pushed his mother and Abi into the corner behind him, sheltering them from what was to come. He watched in terror as his father and grandfather fought.

The two men were surrounded by enemies and one of the hooded attackers rushed around towards where Blake was shielding his mother and little sister. Blake stood to defend his family, grabbing the attacker’s sword hilt, but in the struggle the blade sliced deep into Abi’s lower back. Blake went wide-eyed and was quickly swatted away. His father caught the motion out of the corner of his eye and turned, bringing his blade down on the invader, but the distraction proved to be a fatal mistake. One of his other opponents rushed from behind, running him through with a spear. Blake watched in terror as his father fell to the floor, gasping and clutching at his wound. His sword slid across the ground, landing near Blake’s feet. Acting purely on instinct, Blake reached for the nearest weapon he could find- his father’s sword- and began swinging it wildly with both hands at the attackers.

As he waved the sword around with little finesse, he began to feel something strange. It was as though there was some force moving from the sword’s hilt into his hands, and then spreading throughout his whole body. It put tremendous pressure on Blake’s body, so he quickly went to drop the sword, only to realize he couldn't; it was as though the sword was part of his hand, like he and the sword were one. As his vision began to cloud, he saw the last of the invading men quickly fleeing the scene. The last thing he saw before he passed out was the man who had just killed his father stop at the window, turn around, and smirk before exiting the house.

He awoke with a start late the next afternoon in his bed, his Oba at his side. Blake quickly started to panic, trying to get up, but his Oba pushed him down. He explained all about what had happened last night: it was the Ishikawas that attacked, attempting to kill who they believed to be the current holder of the Matsuo family power. They thought it was Blake’s father, which is why they left after his death. Turns out, it was Blake. Oba explained how the sword had awoken a power within him, an ancient and dark magic that had turned his body into half flesh/half shadow, as well as heightening his agility, vitality and willpower.

Since that day five years ago, Blake has trained hard in the skills necessary for his new line of work. He delved more into his family’s history, becoming fluent in Japanese and learning everything he could about the ancient legends and rituals. While he started solely with the intention of finding and destroying the Ishikawas, his exploits eventually earned him the attention of the U.N., and he was offered a spot on the new Vanguard team. He of course accepted, hoping that with their resources, he might be able to track down his hated enemies.

Abilities (44pp): Str 3, Sta 4, Agl 7/2, Dex 2, Fgt 6, Int 1, Awe 4, Pre 0

Powers (66pp): Exotic Movement (Magic Descriptor)- Enhanced Acrobatics 4, Enhanced Skill Mastery (Acrobatics), Permanent; Leaping 2 (30 ft at 8 mph); Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2), Limited to While Moving, Quirk (must end movement on floor); Speed 2 (8 mph/120 ft per round) • 8pp

Shadow Blade- Strength-Based Damage 7, Slashing, Multiattack 10, Penetrating 10, Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable, Linked to Affliction 10, Shadow, Magic, Resisted by Will, Fatigued, Exhausted, Multiattack, Limited Degree, Affects Insubstantial 2; Feature 2 (Restricted to Silhouette only), Improved Critical 4 (Shadow Blade), Easily Removable (-20pp) • 28pp

Suffused with Shadow (Magic Descriptor)- Concealment 2 (Normal Sight), Limited to Darkness and Shadow; Immunity 2 (Shadow Descriptor); Regeneration 2 (recovers every 5 rounds), Source (Shadows); Senses 2 (Darkvision) • 7pp

Wholeness of Body (Magic Descriptor)- Enhanced Agility 5, Enhanced Fortitude 4, Permanent; Protection 2; • 16pp

Wholeness of Spirit (Magic Descriptor)- Enhanced Will 4, Enhanced Second Chance (Mind Control), Permanent; Immunity 2 (Mind Reading) • 7pp

Equipment (15ep): Ninja Gear (12ep Array)
-Bolas- Ranged Affliction 6, Hindered and Vulnerable, Immobile and Defenseless, Alternate Resistance (Dodge, then Strength/Sleight of Hand), Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Accurate, Diminished Range (60/150/300 ft) • 12ep
-Nunchaku- Strength-Based Damage 3, Bludgeoning, Accurate 3, Chokehold, Improved Critical, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break • 1ep
-Shuriken- Ranged Damage 2, Piercing, Multiattack, Accurate, Penetrating 2, Precise, Subtle, Improved Critical • 1ep
-Smoke Pellets- Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses), Affects Others (and self), Area (Cloud) 2 (30 ft radius), Increased Range (Ranged), Increased Action (Move), Instant Duration • 1ep

Advantages (13pp): Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Languages (English (base), Japanese), Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Second Chance (Mind Control), Second Chance (Stealth), Skill Mastery (Acrobatics), Uncanny Dodge

Skills (21pp): Acrobatics 4/8 (+6/+15), Athletics 5 (+8), Close Combat (Swords) 6 (+12), Expertise (Arcane Lore) 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 5 (+9), Ranged Combat (Thrown Weapons) 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8/+13)

Offense: Initiative +11
Shadow Blade +12, Close, Strength-Based Damage 7 (DC 25) and Affliction 10 (Will DC 20), Crit 16-20
Bolas +12, Ranged, Affliction 6 (Dodge DC 16)
Nunchaku +12, Close, Strength-Based Damage 3 (DC 21), Crit 19-20
Shuriken +12, Ranged, Damage 2 (DC 17), Crit 19-20
Unarmed +6, Close, Damage (DC 18)
Grab +6, Close, Special (DC 13)

Defense (21pp): Dodge 14, Parry 14, Toughness 8/6, Fortitude 11, Will 11

Complications: Responsibility- Blake's number one priority is and always will be protecting his family.
Guilt- Due to the struggle that resulted in Abi's back being sliced, she suffered severe spinal damage, and is now in a wheelchair. Blake partially blames himself for this, and always carries the guilt with him.
Revenge- Blake is still determined to bring down the entire Ishikawa family, but has an even more personal vendetta against the man who killed his father. A man who's face he'll never forget, his left eye dark red and his right eye dark blue. That man's face has been burned into Blake's skull.
Vulnerability- Since becoming part shadow, Silhouette is now particularly vulnerable to extremely bright light. He can operate just fine in a normally lit room or even sunlight (aside from being a bit uncomfortable), but takes double the effect from any attack with the Light descriptor.

Abilities 40pp + Powers 65pp + Advantages 14pp + Skills 23pp + Defense 23pp = 165pp
Last edited by ecar369 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:48 am

@XeroKhan:

I'm not happy with a equipment having Penetrating. Otherwise i'm happy with the build. Background needs work as the no powers pre 2000.

@CaptainChaos:

Looks fine so far.

@jemal

His stats are a bit low for "Peak human" other than that, Optic is fine.

@levinwurth

Not really sure, its likly to start fairly combat heavy and hopefully fill out more as i get more comfortable.

Hope that helps.

@optionqb

Atlantis doesn't exist, but otherwise yeah fine.

@Arknight

I see no problems.

@ecar369
Going need a background.

@Everyone

I'm going to be giving out a level of language (English) to everyone who doesn't have it native.
    Insert witty comment here.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 am

that line's a holdover from the original version, which was a 2e char with 18 in every stat. I forgot to change it, the new version is just 'really good at everything' and in excellent condition. Honestly I'd love to buy all his stats up to 4 for the 'mr perfect' vibe, but I just can't afford it without dropping a fair bit, and I don't wanna loose too much functionality. I allready had to argue myself into the strength and presence, which're kinda pointless for the character.

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:32 am

As long as we're on the same page.
    Insert witty comment here.

Atomickat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Atomickat » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:37 pm

Complications and backstory are on the way.

Revelation (PL 10, 180 PP)

"I know."
"No, you don't know. Pray that you NEVER know."

"I am simply a man in pursuit of Truth. The pay is nice, of course."

Abilities: (20 PP)
Strength: -2
Stamina: 5
Agility: 0
Dexterity: -1
Fighting: -2
Intelligence: 5 (15)
Awareness: 5
Presence: 0

Skills: (15 PP)
Expertise (Behavorial Sciences) 2 (7/17), Expertise (Physical Sciences) 5 (10/20), Insight 5 (10), Investigation 3 (8/18), Perception 10 (15), Technology 5 (10/20)

Advantages: (18 PP)
Assessment, Benefit 3 (Status: Vanguard Scientist, Independently Wealthy), Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Jack of All Trades, Luck 5, Second Chance: Technology, Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Trance, Ultimate Effort (Expertise: Physical Sciences), Well-Informed

Defenses: (40 PP)
Dodge: 15 (15 base)
Parry: 15 (17 base - 2 Fighting)
Fortitude: 5 (5 Stamina)
Will: 15 (8 base + 7 Awareness)
Toughness: 5 (5 Stamina)

Powers: (87 PP)

Attuned Mind: Senses 6: Awareness: Mental, Danger Sense, Precognition - 6 PP

Cosmic Mind In a Human Body: Quickness 2 (Limited to Mental Tasks); Alternate Form: Channel of Transcendent Thought: Activation: Standard Action, Tiring; Quickness 8 (Limited to Mental Tasks), Enhanced Intelligence 10 - 11 PP

Mental Focus Array: (22 PP)
Eyes All Around: Remote Sensing 3 (250 ft; Visual, Auditory, Subtle 2 (Undetectable), Simultaneous), Enhanced Trait: Improved Initiative 2, Uncanny Dodge - 17 PP
AE: Combat Clairvoyance: Immunity 30 (Effects requiring a Parry check, Limited - Only after a successful check), Enhanced Trait: Second Chance: Resist Disarm, Resist Trip - 1 PP
AE: Supernatural Reflex: Immunity 30 (Effects requiring a Dodge check, Limited - Only after a successful check), Enhanced Trait: Evasion 2 - 1 PP
AE: Sweeping Sight: Remote Sensing 17 (500 miles, DC 27 to detect; Visual, Auditory; Concentration, Feedback) - 1 PP
AE: Voice of Hope: Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide or across small nation), Rapid 2 (x100 speed), Subtle 2 (Undetectable), Limited (Members of Vanguard)
AE: Rapport of Minds: Mind Reading 8 (DC 18; Cumulative, Feedback, Subtle)

Psychic Powers Array: (38 PP)
Unraveling of the Mind: Weaken Awareness 10 (Will, Perception range, Subtle 2, Insidious) - 33 PP
AE: Superior Will: Mind Control 10, Distracting, Subtle 2, Insidious
AE: Whisper of Slumber: Affliction 10 (Will, Fatigued -> Exhausted -> Asleep, Perception range, Subtle 2, Insidious)
AE: Wrack: Affliction 10 (Will, Impaired & Dazed -> Disabled & Stunned, Perception range, Subtle 2, Extra Condition, Limited Degree) - 1 PP
AE: Terrible Revelation: Mental Blast 8, Insidious - 1 PP
AE: Telekinesis: Move Object 8 (6 tons; Perception range, Damaging, Precise) - 1 PP

Observer Effect: Luck Control 2 (Bestow Luck or Victory Point on others, Force reroll; Area Burst, Selective) - 10 PP

Offense:
Initiative +5/+13 (+15/+23) [With Eyes All Around (Channel of Transcendent Thought)) active]
Grab - -2 (DC 8)
Superior Will - Affliction 10 (DC 20 Will)
Terrible Revelation - DC 23 (Will)
Telekinesis - DC 23
Throw - -1 (DC 13)
Unarmed - -2 (DC 13)
Unraveling of the Mind - Weaken 10 (DC 20 Will)
Whisper of Slumber - Affliction 10 (DC 20 Will)
Wrack - Affliction 10 (DC 20 Will)

Abilities 20 + Skills 15 + Advantages 18 + Defenses 40 + Powers 87 = 180 PP
Last edited by Atomickat on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Seeing as that's a psychic, I'm out.

Just a note: Alternate effects cant be linked other alternate effects in the same array.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Plan B wrote:@CaptainChaos:

Looks fine so far.

@Everyone

I'm going to be giving out a level of language (English) to everyone who doesn't have it native.

Okay, that will free up 1 PP. I will look over my build. I have a couple of minor areas I might spend it on. My background is nearly done.

Atomickat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Atomickat » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:55 pm

Moira wrote:Seeing as that's a psychic, I'm out.

Just a note: Alternate effects cant be linked other alternate effects in the same array.

Imo I'd like to see what you have in mind. :) Oh and I'll take your advice, thanks.

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:38 pm

The Marian

PL 11 (165)

Abilities:
STRENGTH 6/10 STAMINA 7/10 AGILITY 1/3
FIGHTING 6/11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+3/+5)
Athletics 2 (+8/+12)
Deception 4 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+7/+12)
Expertise (Aquatic Geography) 12 (+13)
Expertise (Animal Healing) 10 (+13)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+11)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Favored Environment (Underwater), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Leadership, Move-By Action, Power Attack

Powers:
"Marine Physiology"

Immunity 3 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold) [3]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Swimming 8 (120 mph) [8]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2] ; “Sonar” Hearing (Accurate, Extended 2; Flaw: Only Underwater) [2]
Immunity 10 (Water Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Improved abilities (4 STR, 3 STA, 2 AGL, 5 FGT, 2 FORT; Flaw: Only in Aquatic environments) 15pts.
Strength 6 (Flaws: Only for Lifting, Only in Aquatic Environments) (1,600 tons) [3]

"Aquatic Beastmaster"
Communication (Mental) 2 (Extras: Area) (Flaw: Limited to Marine Life) [8]
Comprehend (Animals) 2 (Flaw: Limited to Marine Life) [2]
Improved Skill (Persuasion 16 (+19) ; Flaw: Limited to Marine Life) {4]

Offense:
Unarmed +7/+12 (+6/+10 Damage, DC 21/25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10/+12 (DC 20/22), Parry +7/+12 (DC 17/22), Toughness +7/+10, Fortitude +9/+14, Will +8

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 16 (165)

Motivations:
Protecting the Oceans
– The Marian knows that the seas must be exploited by humans for survival, but he strives to restore some sort of sustainable balance. He is especially angered by greedy and wasteful destruction of marine life (such as killing sharks only for their fins).

Doing Good – The Marian was once human, so he does not harbor any irrational hatred of mankind. Quite the opposite; he wishes to insure the well-being of humanity by encouraging a long-term harmony with the seas.

Discovering his past – The Marian experienced a rather traumatic “breakout”. Memories of his past life were largely scrambled. He desperately wishes to reconnect to his past life. Who were his family? Friends?

Complications:
Loneliness
– The Marian is not fully human nor fully sea-creature. Spending too much time in either world creates anxiety for the other realm. Unfortunately, he cannot take human companionship with him into the depths of the sea. When the desire to return to the deep overtakes him, he must heed its call.

Fatal Separation – Although the Marian is substantially weaker the moment he leaves an aquatic environment, he suffers even more profound debilitation if he is out of contact with water for more than a week. His body begins to produce toxins which will shortly result in kidney failure (Loss of one stamina per day).

Inhuman appearance – The Marian cannot pass for a human without considerable cosmetic alteration.

History:

The Marian know very little about his own past. When his "breakout" event occurred, he felt an irresistible and instinctual urge to enter the ocean. His name was given to him by sailors and tourists because he was initially spotted in the vicinity of the Mariana Trench near Guam. He has saved numerous people in the aforementioned area from various maritime hazards.

His native language is Spanish, but his other, human language is English. This leads him to believe that he grew up on one of the American controlled islands in the area. Although his home is deep within the Mariana Trench, he periodically visits the nearby islands to keep in touch with his “human side” as he calls it. When he heard of the Vanguard, he temporarily left his home to offer his services to them.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:45 am

Atomickat wrote:Revelation (PL 10, 180 PP)
A few comments if you don't mind.
Abilities: (20 PP)
Strength: -2
Stamina: 5
Agility: 0
Dexterity: -1
Fighting: -2
Intelligence: 5 (15)
Awareness: 5
Presence: 0

That's a really odd stat array, how do you explain someone so extraordiarily fit (stamina 5) being so weak and clumsy?
Advantages: (18 PP)
Assessment, Benefit 3 (Status: Vanguard Scientist, Independently Wealthy), Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Jack of All Trades, Luck 5, Second Chance: Technology, Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Trance, Ultimate Effort (Expertise: Physical Sciences), Well-Informed
Second chance only applies to hazards or skills with consequences for failure, so technology would probably come up fairly rarely.. maybe if you were trying to disarm a bomb that'll explode should you fail, or something, but it doesn't apply to simply failing.
Also, ultimate effort: Expertise seems a bit odd, how often do you really see yourself spending an HP to essentially take 20 on a knowledge check?
Defenses: (40 PP)
Dodge: 15 (15 base)
Parry: 15 (17 base - 2 Fighting)
Fortitude: 5 (5 Stamina)
Will: 15 (8 base + 7 Awareness)
Toughness: 5 (5 Stamina)

Those're awfully big trade-offs, not sure he'll allow that much.

Powers: (87 PP)

Attuned Mind: Senses 6: Awareness: Mental, Danger Sense, Precognition - 6 PP
Precog is almost always banned, I wouldn't be surprised if you have to drop this.

Cosmic Mind In a Human Body: Quickness 2 (Limited to Mental Tasks); Alternate Form: Channel of Transcendent Thought: Activation: Standard Action, Tiring; Quickness 8 (Limited to Mental Tasks), Enhanced Intelligence 10 - 11 PP

You know the tiring affects every round for ongoing effects, not just once for activation, right?

Mental Focus Array: (22 PP)
Eyes All Around: Remote Sensing 3 (250 ft; Visual, Auditory, Subtle 2 (Undetectable), Simultaneous), Enhanced Trait: Improved Initiative 2, Uncanny Dodge - 17 PP

Generally speaking putting Advantages in an array is a bit exploitative unless they're specifically tied to a certain power - like adding 'accurate' or 'improved crit' to an attack, etc.
Having imp. init and uncanny dodge in there is a bit off considering that there's no loss to changing the array away from them after combat has begun - you've already gained the advantages of them.
AE: Combat Clairvoyance: Immunity 30 (Effects requiring a Parry check, Limited - Only after a successful check), Enhanced Trait: Second Chance: Resist Disarm, Resist Trip - 1 PP
AE: Supernatural Reflex: Immunity 30 (Effects requiring a Dodge check, Limited - Only after a successful check), Enhanced Trait: Evasion 2 - 1 PP

Requiring a check is it's own flaw, and to get the -15 cost to fit in the array, you'd have to take 15 ranks in it, making the check dc 25. For each point you beat that by you get to use 1 rank of the effect. Considering immunities don't work at below full effect, you'd need to roll a 55 on whatever the associated check is to make your immunity function.
AE: Sweeping Sight: Remote Sensing 17 (500 miles, DC 27 to detect; Visual, Auditory; Concentration, Feedback) - 1 PP

Personally I wouldn't allow such powerful remote sensing, but that's up to PlanB.

Psychic Powers Array: (38 PP)
Unraveling of the Mind: Weaken Awareness 10 (Will, Perception range, Subtle 2, Insidious) - 33 PP
AE: Superior Will: Mind Control 10, Distracting, Subtle 2, Insidious
AE: Whisper of Slumber: Affliction 10 (Will, Fatigued -> Exhausted -> Asleep, Perception range, Subtle 2, Insidious)
AE: Wrack: Affliction 10 (Will, Impaired & Dazed -> Disabled & Stunned, Perception range, Subtle 2, Extra Condition, Limited Degree) - 1 PP
AE: Terrible Revelation: Mental Blast 8, Insidious - 1 PP
AE: Telekinesis: Move Object 8 (6 tons; Perception range, Damaging, Precise) - 1 PP

Observer Effect: Luck Control 2 (Bestow Luck or Victory Point on others, Force reroll; Area Burst, Selective) - 10 PP

Overall, This seems much more like a very powerful standalone character than a balanced group member.

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 am

Model Use: Chantel Jeffries

Name: Puppeteer
Apparent Age: early twenties
Ethnicity: Black/Italian
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 125lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Dark Blonde

Being very young when everyone started getting powers, Ariel practically grew up in the "new world". She can't remember a time where there wasn't a some kind of super battle going on across the skies. Sure she vaguely remembers the time of chaos when it first began. Violence and oneupmanship among the 'good' guys and 'bad' guys, but she was too busy eating cookies and learning her ABCs back then. Nonetheless, Ariel has always been a dreamer she would write stories and draw pictures in her journal about the stuff she saw on the news. Sometimes looking back on these artifacts of her childhood she wonders if they were real or a product of her overactive imagination.

Though one event she remembers with impunity is when this whole super fights thing came to her neck of the woods. She was ten at the time, she and her friends were discussing what ten year old girls discuss when they were interrupted by a flesh in the sky quicker than lightning, two costumeclad people were tearing up the park. The girls tried to get away from the whole thing, but not Ariel. She was somehow drawn to this She kept her distance, but the violence was too swift. Her powers manifested as she was about to be bowled over by the two fighters. Psionic strands came from her fingertips and attached to both of them as she yelled for the two to stop. She had complete control over the two. This scared and intrigued her at the same time. They were her puppets. She made them clean up their mess first. Then she made them dance and play with her. When she was done she told them to go home and be nice. And that they did.

Ariel was ecstatic. As any child with a new toy she tried it on everything. Her friends, teachers, parents and anyone who got in her way of doing something. Over the next few years, she became something of a minor celebrity where she was from. This made her a bit outro, getting used to the attention. She had dreams of stardom in her head. She didn't know how she was going to do it, but she was going to leave her podunk little town. This idea ramped up when she hit puberty and was blessed with very good genes. When she was sixteen she moved away from her hometown and to Los Angeles. She would become a pretty freeloader for a while until she could legally sign her own papers. Unfortunately it didn't work as well as she thought it would when they caught wind of her age. She caught a few oddjobs in commericals and some short term relationships with other starlets on their way up the ladder. After a couple years, Ariel was fed up with this whole idea.

It was the day after her eighteenth birthday when she heard there was a government program that wanted superpowered people. The idea of being a hero appealed to her in a sinister way. She could get more recognition that way. Though she quickly found out Vanguard would not a walk in the park. She thought she would be a shoein with her powers, but they wanted someone who could handle a battlefield. She was kind of average so they trained her to be support. They taught her how to drive all sorts of vehicles, patch people up and how to get out of the way of things. Eventually they promoted her to Vanguard.

Ariel Fischer, Puppeteer - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Attractive 2, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Daze (Deception), Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 5, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Languages 3, Leadership, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Redirect, Seize Initiative, Set-up 2, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 10 (+10), Athletics 10 (+10), Deception 10 (+10), Expertise (Pop Culture) 10 (+10), Insight 10 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 10 (+10), Persuasion 10 (+10), Stealth 10 (+10), Treatment 10 (+10), Vehicles 10 (+10)

Powers
Combat Precognition: Enhanced Trait 30 (Traits: Dodge +10 (+15), Parry +10 (+15), Will +10 (+15))

Psionic Puppeteer (array)
. . Cut The Strings: Nullify 10 (Counters: Psionics, DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Broad, Effortless)
. . Induce Control: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Induce Hallucinations: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Induce Pain: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Induce Pleasure: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Induce Sleep: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Mind Assault: Damage 10 (DC 25; Accurate 5: +10, Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Mind Melting: Broad Weaken 10 (Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Broad: Defenses, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Mind Reading: Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 10 (DC 20; Accurate 5: +10, Cumulative, Effortless; Reduced Range: ranged)
. . Mind Switchboard: Mental Area Communication 4 (Area, Selective, Two Way)

Equipment
Binoculars, Cell Phone (Smartphone), Laser Pointer, Medical Kit

Offense
Initiative +0
Cut The Strings: Nullify 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Induce Control: Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Induce Hallucinations: Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Induce Pain: Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Induce Pleasure: Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Induce Sleep: Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Mind Assault: Damage 10, +10 (DC Will 25)
Mind Melting: Broad Weaken 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Mind Reading: Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Motivation: Recognition: She's doing this for the fame. The fact that it does "good" is a side perk.
Prejudice: She's young.
Quirk: All of her Psionic Puppeteer powers are quite noticeable.
Reputation: She's someone who can mess with your brain. No one really trusts her.

Languages
Choose any 4 languages, English

Defense
Dodge 15/5, Parry 15/5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/0, Will 15/5

Power Points
Abilities 0 + Powers 74 + Advantages 31 + Skills 55 (110 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 180
Last edited by Moira on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ecar369 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:42 am

Background's been added for Silhouette.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."

Return to “M&M Game Room”