[2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:27 am

No worries XeroKhan, I have procrastinated before too. I will give another day or two for the plans to finalize.

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby jemal » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:14 am

Power Gamer

Prof Weird wrote:Are we even sure a piece of the ring is ON this train ? All we know is that a heavily-guarded train is coming this way - what if the fragment is being taken to DC by someone on a bike or something ? Everyone that wants the shard would be fixated on the train.

The basic idea worked for Mad Max in 'Beyond Thunderdome' ..."


"True, but unless you've got any idea where that bike may be, this is our best lead, and we don't really have any other way of finding out besides opening up those crates.
Allright, so lets try the 'separate the train from the cars via portal' plan when it gets close.. if you can do it, Portal. If not, or if it doesn't work for some reason, I'll try an EMP to knock it out."

"And in case that fails, Someone be ready to try and knock the engine out and everyone jump aboard. Civilian casualties should be avoided, but not at the expense of the mission. Getting that ring is worth some collateral damage, but only as a last resort." Dante adds across the commlink.

Jacie nods in agreement - they now have multiple - shakey, but acceptable given the circumstances - backup plans, and hopefully they'll be able to pull it off, one way or another.
"Allison, if the portal doesn't work get clear of the train, I'm not sure how my EMP will affect your suit." she adds as they hide in the rubble near the tracks, the train approaching ever closer.

Since we did have time to plan this, Master Plan (1d20+3=22). That'll give us a +2 to any rolls once the plan begins.. meaning when we start having to make rolls to stop the train or fight the soldiers.

User avatar
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby Aerlock » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 am

Sean "Portal" Tairseach
HP: 2
CONDITION:

Sheet

"If I can time it right I could probably grab the cars with the portals alone, but in thinking about it, since we're going to be dropping it all in the drink anyway, why don't we grab the engine too. Just in case the workers and soldiers are all misdirection to focus any attackers on the cars."
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:47 pm

With plans made and ambushes set, the heroes await the arrival of the train. They don't need to wait long as it comes barreling down the tracks and right through the waiting portal into Lake Superior just outside of Duluth. Before it entered the portal, Alec picked up the feint signature of em emissions, but they were clearly dampened by some shielding.

On the lake side of the portal, the water slows the train down enough to avoid a complete wreck, but the cars still flipped over due to the sudden stopping. No one has left the train yet, but it is rapidly filling up with water being lead by the Locomotive that is pulling the rest of the train down.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Game on.

First round is all PCs, so no need to go in initiative for the first turn, with only a handful of workers trying to get out of the train.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Allison Tailor
HP 3, Luck 2
CONDITION: Fine


"Strange. I can't seem to see where that 'ninja' is, but that does not mean they are not there." Allison thought to herself as she began to charge in at the train. Then, hearing Power Gamer, she nodded back to the girl from outside, acknowledging that she had heard the plan.

OOC: Ready. Basically, two movement actions for my "turn" to get closer to the train.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby Prof Weird » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Dr Nerissa Hugyens
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Nerissa watched the workers abandoning the train, preparing to dive in quickly.

After all, since she had marine molluscan powers, she had a few advantages over most people in this case - such as the ability to breathe underwater and swim about a hundred miles an hour.

"Hopefully, most of them will be able to get out on their own, leaving the cars defenseless." she stated through the comm-link,"I can always pull a few desperate souls to safety if the need arises."
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby kenseido » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Alec Cole

Alec moves as close to the water's edge to try and access any systems still running on the train, despite the shielding.

Notice: 1d20+14=32
Computers: 1d20+25=28
Ridiculous. Did HP reset? If so, and I can sense anything, I will use an HP to reroll that: 1d20+25=41
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:01 pm

Alec detects the fading emissions of an electric engine and the circuits it sent all the electrical energy through. He also picks up on a feint signal reminiscent of the devices used to teleport the attackers of the oil rig away underneath the train area. Redoubling his efforts, he senses a signal coming from the train that sounds just like the noise masking the signals he has seen before. Everything is standard noise he would expect from a train with electrical equipment such as GPS, temperature control in the locomotive, and such.

Yup hero points reset to what you started with or what you already had, whichever is greater. I forgot to mention that.

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby kenseido » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Alec Cole

"Heads up team. Detected a teleport signal like on the oil rig. Can't tell if it was coming or going."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby jemal » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:04 am

Power Gamer

Jacie leaps towards the edge of the lake, gun at the ready "Teleport again? Either they just left with the prize, or we're about to have company." she begins scanning the area for anything.. unusual..
Game faces, people.
move Action: head to the lake edge (250' should hopefully be enough), standard action: Actively use senses to scan the area:
Ultra-hearing, Acute Radio, Rapid Radius Vision(including Darkvision, Infravision, & Ultravision), Danger sense
Also Mental Quickness 2 to better process any information Dante does get.
Notice (1d20+14=16)

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Power Gamer's senses are mildly overwhelmed by the people trying to get out of the train, so he doesn't hear everything as much as he normally would. It is fairly obvious though that the situation isn't just people evacuating the train. Under the water near the train and in the woods surrounding the shore is some noise that is from living creatures, but she can't quite tell if they are large animals or people.

For a complete picture of the area you can use google maps to get the area. it looks pretty much the same with the road over grown with vegetation.

46.853973,-91.976837

Still pending Portals positioning action.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Aerlock has 6 more hours before I just have him go through the portal and close it.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Alicia

Once Portal steps though his portal, he closes it just in case there is any surprises from the RSA. Esha already jumped through and made a bee line to the injured workers leaving the train cars. All seems chaotic, but under control until a whip like object comes bursting out of the water and grabs a hold of one of the trees in the forest on near the shoreline. Flying out attached to the whip is the ninja woman who upon seeing Power Gamer sends the other whip to lash Power Gamer's throat before disappearing into the woods.

Attack, Stealth (1d20+14=31, 1d20+16=19)
Alicia has Improved Crit 3, so whip hit on Power Gamer is a crit with DC 26 penetrating damage.

Up Now: Esha 20

Up Next:
Renaldo 19
Randalf 19
Power Gamer 17
Portal 14
Derrick 10
Allison 7
Rex 6
Alec 3
Nerissa 3
Guards 0

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

Postby jemal » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:10 am

Jacie takes the whip to the throat and drops to her knees, gasping as she desperately tries to suck air through her damaged windpipe, weight supported on her gun-arm as her free hand massages her injured neck.

Uh-oh. Jacie's defense shifted and has the Weak Point drawback, so she doesn't get to add her armour's protection.
Toughness (1d20+2=20)
Yeah.. rolled an 18 and still 3 degrees of failure. No point rerolling..
Bruised, Staggered and Stunned.. She's a glass cannon, Crits drop her like a pile of bricks.

*EDIT: Whoops, I thought at first the dc 26 was BEFORE the +5 for crit, but after re-reading I see she has +14 attack, so I'm guessing that's WITH the crit.. meaning it's only Stunned & Bruised.

Last edited by jemal on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests