[2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby kenseido » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Alec Cole

Alec hops through the portal. He lands on the oil rig and quickly moves to some cover, waiting for Portal to clear the big guy out so he can move to the control room.

Total Defense.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Alec is a full round away from the building with the control room now.

Up now is:

Alison Tailor(still pending shaken counter roll)
Swat 6
Alana
Portal

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:58 pm

Allison Tailor
HP 2, Luck 3
CONDITION: Fine; Shaken for a round


Sense Motive or Bluff Roll (both have same modifiers): 1d20+10=12; Yup, she was caught off guard with Ralph's speech.


"A WHAT!?" Allison said after being surprised by her "opponent's" sexual harassment. For sure, Allison did not know what to come back with at that moment. If someone could look at Allison's face, it would be more red from embarrassment. For the moment, she was completely open to an attack.

OOC: I tried looking up the Shakened condition from the 3e core book, but I could not find it. What does it mean again? ^_^U

Also, I wanted to wait until it was my turn to post the Taunt result. Sorry for the wait on that.


ADDED ON:

It was then that Allison, through the power of her suit, increased the gravity of the area around Ralph for a split second, causing Ralph to immediately stumble unto the metal-sheeted flooring of the oil rig...

Allison's Attack (with the -2 modifier from being Startled): 1d20+4=21;

Ralph's Defense Roll: 1d20=13;
Ralph's Toughness Roll (If need be): 1d20=18;

I do not know Ralph's saves off hand right now, but even if Ralph does fail, his Toughness roll is most likely a success for a DC 25 Toughness.
Last edited by XeroKhan on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:25 pm

No worries on the wait. I figured you were busy with something. Still Allison's turn.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Swat 6 and Alana

Three of the swat team members continue to turn over crates while the remaining three move their weapons around in a patrolling motion keeping an eye on the newly arrived heroes. Alana looks around and goes back to doing her nails without a second look at Alicia's plight.

If anyone makes a move to enter the building the control or gets within 100 feet of Alana 3 of the swat fire.
Swat 1, Swat 2, Swat 3 readied attack rolls (1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+4=23) DC 21 toughness on any hit.

Remaining three swat throw themselves in front of any attack that gets past the DC 20 Will save to interfere with Alana.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Up next is:

Portal
Ralph
Esha
Nerissa

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:07 pm

I will give Portal until late tonight to post before I move him temporarily to the end of the round.

User avatar
Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Moira » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:35 pm

I kinda need him though. No travel powers :(
RIP Angel 1989-2011

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Ralph

Ralph makes a motion as if to dust himself off and eyes the scene. A portal with people popping through, a new helicopter in the distance, and a smoking hot chick he would love to get in a room with a few other hot chicks. "This is turning into a party!", he yells in excitement. In another moment, he seems to recall something. "Yo flying girl, you look like this girl a buddy of mine keeps talking about. He says you are a wild one. After I get done toasting you and your girl friends, you and your hot friends should call me up for a little night time play if you know what I mean. I like my chicks hot and spicy.", he yells in the general direction of Allison.His eyes change to almost flames as the firewall surrounding the workers retreats back into him. Bursting forth his hands is several large snakes that slam into each of the heroes except Alec who is hiding behind barrels and rubble. As the flame slams into the helicopter it washes over it causing alarm bells it didn't even know it had to start blaring.

Everyone except Alec is hit with a DC25/DC20 area fire attack damage with DC 20 reflex save for halfing and evasion rolls.

Yes, the attack does have the range. If anyone is interested I can send you the power in a PM.

Taunt move action (1d20+7=17) vs Allison, on a failure she is shaken again. Allison gets a +1 to the check, but still has the -2 from before.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Up now is: Esha

Up Next is:
Nerissa
Rudy
Innuendo
Portal

User avatar
Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Moira » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:07 pm

ESHA
HP: 3
Condition: Unharmed
Status: Awake!


There was a fiery ball of death waiting for Esha as she went through the portal. Luckily she was on her toes. "This whole warzone thing is better than coffee," she says a bit tiffed. She takes a few deep breaths and centers herself. She couldn't say she wasn't scared, but luckily her wits had hardened her. Looking around for injured bodies, she moved away from all the action, assessing all the damage. Who's hurt? How badly? How close to me and the portal to safety? These were the thoughts running through her mind.

Reflex and Toughness (1d20+6=22, 1d20+10=30)

Yup, wasting all the good rolls.

Esha is scouting around with her Detect Physical Condition to see where she needs to go next round and the round after that and so on and so forth.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Innuendo
HP: 1, LP: 2
Condition: Armed, possibly dangerous. Definitely sneaky.

SWAT-Izzy stepped through the portal, then re-appeared, then vanished again, and re-emerged from a shadow. (S)he quickly walked behind the SWAT agents and kept pace.

The plan is to figure out just what the heck the boss-lady is trying to do, then either stop or undo it after she's done. Also, if the 'SWAT team' talks at all about tactics or the like, it's getting broadcast to everyone else. A spy is a damn handy thing.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:55 pm

There at least four dozen workers who are injured ranging from on the verge of death to 2nd degree burns. I will leave it up to you to fill in the blanks if you want.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Up now is: Nerissa

Up Next is:
Rudy
Innuendo
Portal
Power Gamer

User avatar
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Prof Weird » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Dr Nerissa Hugyens
HP : 1
Condition : Normal

Reflex Save (+1) : 1d20 + 1=16 - failed that, so facing full damage.

Toughness Save (+10) : 1d20 + 10=30 - a critical success. No damage from the flame blast.


"What the hey ?!?!"
Nerissa managed to squeak out before a wall of flame washed over her - and did nothing at all.

"Dang ! Had these powers for years, and I'm STILL not used to things like that !" she groused to herself as she looked around, "Shrugging off a wall of flame ? But, then again, I was - AM - a scientist. Never really thought to get into the whole combat bit ..."

She noted that quite a few workers were pinned under heavy equipment, and were going to need help.

And soon - with the amount of fire and damage, this oil rig probably wasn't going to last much longer.

"Can I be of any help ?" she asked Esha, figuring the healer might need some help moving stuff. Or some protection while she tries to help.
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests