[2e] The Event: On The Scent[IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby jemal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Power Gamer
HP: 1, Luck: 4
Defense: 20, Toughness: +6
Condition: Ready for Action.

Jacie had been enjoying the flight, the pilot even letting her handle the machine for a while. Glancing out the window to see Allison flying by, she frowned.. Here she was a pilot, and her battlesuit couldn't even fly. Dante again. Shaking the thought from her mind, she refocused on flying.

As they approached the rig, the pilot took over and Jacie joined the others checking out the hologram.
"Damnit.."
Jacie scowled down at the scene. Taking advantage of people who couldn't defend themselves..
"I've got the ninja" She levelled her gun and began aiming, trying to compensate for the movement of the helicopter.
Init. (1d20+10=30)
Well, wish that 20 had waited for my attack roll, but not a bad way to start the fight.
*EDIT: OK, changed action to account for range.
Full aim for the first turn, and then I'll shoot when we're in range on second turn.
Last edited by jemal on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:07 pm

XeroKhan wrote:OOC: Being close enough to the pyrokinetic, would it be possible for Allison to see if the pyrokinetic is Carter or not?


The pyrokinetic looks similar to Carter, but it is hard to tell without getting within burning range.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 pm

jemal wrote:I'm assuming since you rolled init that we're close enough to begin combat, if not sorry for jumping the gun.


You are 1000 feet away. Initiative was rolled because some people can get there in one round. It will take one round to get there in the helicopter.

User avatar
Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Moira » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:22 pm

ESHA
HP: 3
Condition: Unharmed
Status: S L O O O W


The ride was pretty uneventful in Esha's mind. Between reading her supernatural detective stories on her tablet and tending to the taxi man when he felt fatigued, there wasn't much to do. Maybe watch the shifter do impressions? The other girl talk to herself? Nah, Anita Blake was more interesting than her current surroundings. Though just as she was about to doze off the call went out to wake up!

She surveys the scenes of carnage with a stern glare. The ones that were hurt she wanted to get out of there first. She didn't want another Los Angeles or Seattle happening. "Taxi," she says to Sean, "you ready to go? Get me near those hostages."

Initiative (1d20+7=8) BOOOOO!

She's aiming to get all of those hurt people to safety and heal them up
RIP Angel 1989-2011

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Alec Cole

Alec spent the flight reviewing all of the material he found. Finding it is much faster then reading through it all.

As they come into range of the rig, he sees the smoke and flames. Of course, it was to much to hope that they would get here before trouble.

He automatically unclips his holster, but leaves his gun there. He would let the others take point on combat.

Instead, he begins looking at the em waves for power and radio signals. Something that might tell him where Belinda is.

Init: 1d20+2=19
Notice: 1d20+14=28
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:07 am

Innuendo
HP: 1, LP: 2
Condition: Armed, possibly dangerous.

Izzy had spent the trip alternately existing and not existing,
Technically invisibility, but let's run with it.

but as the rig came close, there was suddenly not a little girl in the seat, but a swat team member who looked identical to one of those already on the rig. With a smile, and a subtly more masculine voice, Izzy said, "Just keep track of which 'me' is 'me' please. 100 more meters, and I can start existing over there instead of here."
Beyond that, Izzy appeared to be in absolutely no hurry.
1d20=1 woohoo! Good start to a campaign! I go last!

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:46 am

XeroKhan wrote:Then, seeing a man on fire caught Allison's attention full swing. "Carter, is that you?" Allison whispered to herself as she flew toward the Oil Rig. Swooping in on the action, Allison made full sight on the pyrokinetic. "Hold it right there." Allison said to the pyrokinetic.


Ralph looks up at the Allision as she gets closer. Unfortunately, he was in the middle of preparing another bulltet of fire. Instead of stopping at a bullter, he unleashes a burst of flame in Aliisons direction that stops 20 feet before it hits her. " I don't take orders from no one except our creator."

kenseido wrote:Instead, he begins looking at the em waves for power and radio signals. Something that might tell him where Belinda is.


There is no indication of Belinda heading to the rig, but there is chatter hidden deep in the signal that a less observant person might have missed on a highly encrypted frequency. The talk is about boats being dispatched to evacuate the crew before the rig explodes. Coming from the rig is an emergency signal indicating all safety measures are off line.

User avatar
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Prof Weird » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:01 am

Nerissa Hugyens
HP : 1
Condition : normal thus far

Nerissa spent most of the trip wondering how she could be of use, but once she saw what was happening on the rig, she had some ideas.

"I'd guess the well-dressed woman with the SWAT team escorts is the leader, but she just seems to be looking for something." she noted to herself, "There's a flame user tormenting people with fire, a female ninja tormenting people with sharp ribbons, and a big guy throwing his weight and strength around.

PLUS the place is on fire. And there are folk trapped under heavy debris; they are in the most risk, so they should be helped first. I guess."


"I guess I'll move the heavy stuff, since I am rather strong." she stated, "Those trapped people need more help than the others at the moment."

Initiative : 1d20 + 1=2
Well, I suppose its good to get the horrible rolls out the the way first, but DANG !
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:07 am

Alec Cole

"All of the rig's safety systems are offline. I need to get to the control room and see if I can fix this. Can you guys handle the four of them?"

"And I wouldn't mind some company getting there."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby Aerlock » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Sean "Portal" Tairseach
HP: 1
CONDITION: Distracted

Sheet

Initiative: 1d20+6=10


Sean speaks into the headset while he stares at the oil rig, "Pilot, can you hold us stable for a minute? I need to open the door and we're all going to take a walk." A Vision portal opens up in front of him. Turning his head to look at those left in the helicopter, he says, "Hrmm...All right folks I've found us a landing spot, prepare to jump out the door when I say so." He then reaches to open the side door of the helicopter. "Alec, I can probably tie up the big guy for a little bit once I get close to him."

Next round he'll open the door and create a full size (25'x25') portal just outside and slightly below the helicopter.
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Allison Tailor
HP 1, Luck 3
CONDITION: Fine


mrdent12 wrote:Ralph looks up at the Allision as she gets closer. Unfortunately, he was in the middle of preparing another bulltet of fire. Instead of stopping at a bullter, he unleashes a burst of flame in Aliisons direction that stops 20 feet before it hits her. " I don't take orders from no one except our creator."


"Creator? Clearly, he is not Carter." Allison thought to herself after hearing the pyrokinetic's words. "Alright, if that is how it's going to be." Allison said s she raised her hand toward Ralph. "This is your last chance: give yourself up, and I will not send you into the waters below."

OOC: I think this would be an Diplomacy roll: 1d20+10=17; 17 is not a bad number, but probably not a success.

Ralph's Roll: 1d20=14; Most likely not a success. I do not know if he has any bonuses for this, but it most likely failed.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Ralph(NPC)

No oppose roll is apparently needed for diplomacy unless a third party is involved. So, the 17 +4 from attractive means he goes from hostile to unfriendly. I gather you were trying to make him surrender, but that would require intimidate.


Ralph turns to face Allison while casually tossing a flame behind while he speaks the flame grows and wraps starts wrapping around the trapped workers. "Ha! Me give up to a pansy flying woman who looks more like a beauty contest contestant than an actual fighter. Honey, you have been dreaming too much." As he talks the flame keeps growing and shoots around Alison like a boa constrictor circling its prey. It doesn't quite get close enough to burn her though, just to make her rather sweaty. "Baby, if I wanted this fire would wrap around that hot body of yours and burn it to ashes. I am going to give you one last chance to get out alive and maybe call me up later for a booty call sweaty." The flame pulls back and comes back into his hands.

Taunt (1d20+12=16)
Take a hero point because I am bumping the move action for Ralph to a standard for the effect.
Allison takes a Sense Motive, Bluff(without atractive), or will check. On failure, she is shaken for a round.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:48 pm

The other combatants on the platform ignore the game of back and forth being played by Allison and Ralph. They are content to play their own games for the time being. Meanwhile, the helicopter gets to within 500 feet of the platform, but refuses to go closer.

Power Gamer is up followed by Alicia, Alec, and Allison.

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby jemal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 am

Power Gamer
HP: 1, Luck: 4
Defense: 15, Toughness: +6
Condition: Combat Ready

Having locked onto her target, Jacie's Power-Glove makes a mechanical whining noise as she charges up and unleashes a giant ball of energy at the Ninja. As soon as the shot has left, she leaps into the portal, rolling out the other side and quickly looking around.
The Power-Gamer locates her target just in time to see the blast impact the ninja, sending her flying over the heads of the men she was just harassing and smashing through the wall of a nearby office.
"Alright, Who's next?" Jacie looked around, Cannon raised and beginning to charge again.

Standard action: Take the aimed shot. Move action: Jump into the portal.
Charged Shot+6, Range -2, Aim+4, All-out Attack +5, Power Attack -1. Tough DC 26. (1d20+12=28)
Hit Defense of 28.. For a toughness DC 26.
Toughness vs DC 26 (1d20+6=18) Fail by 8, so Stunned & Bruised.
Knockback rating on charged shot is 12 -half toughness(3) = 9. That's 500 feet, which may be enough to knock her off entirely, but I decided to have her smash into one of the structures instead.
+6 base -1 bruised: Toughness vs DC 24 Knockback (1d20+5=6)
OK.. that's.. impressive.. I just left her in the building instead of writing her being knocked out, so you can decide whether to DM Fiat a reroll for her.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4961
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: [2e] The Event: The Hunt Begins [IC]

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 am

Technically she would be on the platform, near a pile of equipment. I am fine with her not going in the water and being knocked out of the fight.

Up Next is:

Alec Cole
Alison Tailor
Swat 6


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests