Crinoverse: Time After Time: Steel Dawn

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Crinoverse: Time After Time: Steel Dawn

Post by Crinos »

Panik feeds Geanie one of Max's healing potions.

"Wow Tempus, you don't look so good, how many days did you have to burn through in order to get it all out of your system?"

1d20+8=17, that should be enough to get Geanie back on her feet I think.)

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by SilvercatMoonpaw »

I think that heals me to -1 Hit and Dazed.

Who's still around to be whacked?

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

The wraiths on Epistemus and Tempus.

Stavros and EO, will get back to you, again don't want the Primus fight getting too far ahead.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Geanie
HP: 0; LP: 0
Condition: -1 Hit, Dazed

Geanie blinks and shakes her head, then puts her hand on it and winces. "I hate when that happens: it's like a hangover, but without the implications you were having fun before."

She gets up and turns around. "Hey, Tempus, you see that?! The disposable mooks did a better job than you!"
Taunt: 1d20+10=29

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

He's at -2, and attacks Cri: if an 18 hits, DC 21 Fortitude check for damage
"You've really no idea, what they are, do you? Still, did you know I was quite the avid gamer back in college? Taught me something very important." The fabric of space warps around his hands and distorts in a line between him and Dr. Panik. "Healer dies first."

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Yeoman wrote:
He's at -2, and attacks Cri: if an 18 hits, DC 21 Fortitude check for damage
"You've really no idea, what they are, do you? Still, did you know I was quite the avid gamer back in college? Taught me something very important." The fabric of space warps around his hands and distorts in a line between him and Dr. Panik. "Healer dies first."
1d20+8=11 -1 and dazed.

"That i? man no one have time for that." Panik coughs a bit, "Oh man, gettin dizzy."

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

((It's also your turn, Cri, with the wraith's busy hacking away at Epistemus))

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Yeoman wrote:((It's also your turn, Cri, with the wraith's busy hacking away at Epistemus))
(In which case I regenerate the -1)

"Geanie, help the big guy. I got this."

Panik Pulls out a vial and tosses it at Tempus feet, a burst of greenish spores emerge from it.

"Thosre are special chrono negating spores from outside time." Panik says, "They're designed to cling to time manipulators and nullify their powers."

(Using my variable to mix together Nullify 8, temporal effects, cloud area.

Counter check: 1d20+8=22

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

Crinos wrote:
Yeoman wrote:((It's also your turn, Cri, with the wraith's busy hacking away at Epistemus))

Panik Pulls out a vial and tosses it at Tempus feet, a burst of greenish spores emerge from it.

"Thosre are special chrono negating spores from outside time." Panik says, "They're designed to cling to time manipulators and nullify their powers."

"My own, maybe, but nothing you have can stop the power of the Trapper's robes."

Silvercat, your turn, Metool, your turn int eh Primus fight))

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Geanie
Condition: -1 Hit, Dazed, Fatigued

"Got it!"

This was going to take some effort: Geanie was still reeling from getting knocked out. No theatrics this time, just a run-up and a punch at one of the wraiths. Even that was tiring.
Run up, Surge for Standard action since I'm Dazed, take 10 on a Power Attack for a total of attack roll of 18 >> damage 21 Tgh

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Yeoman wrote:
Crinos wrote:

"My own, maybe, but nothing you have can stop the power of the Trapper's robes."

Silvercat, your turn, Metool, your turn int eh Primus fight))
"Wow, he is gonna be pissed when you return it to him and its covered with all the stains from your terror voided bowels."

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Post by metool2 »

Battle Man
HP: 1, Cnd: Normal

Yeoman wrote: "You've no idea, none," Megatronus bellows, "what it was like in service to a being that created you to be everything he could not. TO be the outcast by your nature. UNloved by even your own siblings. While It's over now! Finished!"

He then fires his weapon at Number Seven, it's light nearly searing itself into your retina's nearly blinding you, and leaving Seven imbedded in a crater in the tunnel wall.
" AH! Bright Light! " Battle Man howled as the bright flash from the weapon burned his vision, sending the helmeted man stumbeling back, hands moving up over the now black lenses of his helmet, his vision completely blackened out by the sudden sensory overload.

Blinded, he knew he was at his most vulnerable and prepared to act on a moments notice... However, in the pitch blackness, he could still hear.
Kreuzritter wrote:"How dare you,", Tycho says flatly at Megatronus' reasons for betrayal

"How Dare you" he says again as the war machine casts aside Jennie

there is an explosion around Tycho, his psychic aura resonating in the hall of Primus, his overwhelming psychic power bleeding out into the visible spectrum, and he looks pissed, as bits of metal and debris actually levitate

"HOW DARE YOU!" he bellows

YOU'VE NO IDEA, NONE, WHAT IT WAS LIKE IN SERVICE TO A BEING THAT CREATED YOU TO BE EVERYTHING HE WOULD NOT! TO BE CAST OUT BY YOUR VERY NATURE, TO SPEND YOUR FIRST MOMENTS CRAWLING NOT FROM THE GARBAGE OF THOSE GREATER THAN YOU, BUT THE SEWERS OF THE LOWEST OF LOW!

As Tycho speaks, his memories bleed out to you all [/url]
In the blackness of his vision, his mind could still see... His head turning to acknowledge each memory that flooded by.
Kreuzritter wrote: it takes you a moment to realize the mountain beneath the city above is not one of stone, but refuse, the shat out offal, waste and garbage of the hanging Arcology, the Arcowastes sprawling out from it like some perverse ant colony, and how tycho was born into this excuse for a world, already fully grown in body, and indeed his first steps and moments were in a dank and foul backed-up sewer.

you see the life he had to lead as a rogue bioroid, hunted not only by Corpsec's hi-tech "retirement" stormtoopers, but the thugs and bounty hunters who'd try to collect the price on his head, the psychos and desperate scraplanders for the nutrients in his synthetic flesh, or the bored thrillkillers of the Citadels, spoiled brats and entitled do-nothing superrich assholes who had nothing better to do than to hunt wastesiders for sport, or cause entire neighborhoods to erupt into murderworlds. desperate, ultraviolent free-for-alls where it was every thing for itself in the hopes of the Mystery Boxes, which teased the luxuries or medicines within the arcology citadels, but so often were cruel traps lain for the survivors

UNLOVED? THAT IMPLIES YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD!

And that was when Tycho met the Saints. punks and lowlifes to be sure, but the only family Tycho's known. You see their ways as "Puckish Rogues", their cat-like need for independence, how stubborn and confident they are against the hell of Tycho's terrible future, their undeniable pride and take-us-as-you-see-us attitude, refusing to change their ways and sell out to the Corps. how they act without thinking, hijacking a Sceptic waste shipment to hose down those sanctimonious Xiaost assholes and their luxury temples, while the rest of the Saints sneak in the back to steal the food and fabricengines needed to keep their corner of the Arcowastes from freezing in the coming Polar Vortex

twisted? yes. ultraviolent, egotistical, grandstanding maniacs who regard life as cheap if you're not one of them? Very yes. but family all the same, and tycho's metal pictures of you all cast you in the royal Purple of the saints, except for bumil, whose clothes appear to have been made from the contents of a royal treasury, his robes sewn from threads of precious metals and encrusted with shining jewels.

IN GAT'S NAME, I JUDGE, Tycho says, now almost certainly channeling whatever forces ran through Bumil out in the Bleed

YOU HAVE BETRAYED THE EXPRESS COMMANDS OF PRIMUS. THROUGH YOUR ARROGANCE AND STUPIDITY, YOU'VE OPENED THE GATES OF CYBERTRON AND THE LIVES OF YOUR KIN AND BRETHEREN, EVEN THE INNOCENT LIVES OF THE UNBORN ENTURION MACHINES TO THE HORROR AND DESOLATION OF WAR! YOU ARE UNWORTHY OF THESE REALMS, YOU'RE UNWORTHY OF YOUR TITLE, YOU'RE UNWORTHY OF THE LOVE YOU HAVE BETRAYED!

Tycho holds out his hand at the blade of Prima, drawing out its energy into his own weapon, that Prima use Tycho as his instrument of both justice and vengeance, its power flowing into Genki jr.

SUPER ETHICAL REALITY CLIMAX! ONE SHALL STAND! ONE SHALL FALL! the gun squeals

IN THE NAME OF THE BOSS, I EXCOMMUNICATE! MEGATRONUS IS NO MORE, THERE BE ONLY THE FALLEN! AND IN THE NAME OF OUR FALLEN HOMEY PRIMA, WE CAST YOU OUT, AND I THROW AWAY YOUR LIFE SO RECKLESSLY!
Yeoman wrote:
The energy beam strikes Megatrons in the chest and... again he barely moves. "You know nothing," he says with a sneer. "I was born to think the way my brothers and sisters could not. To think like the enemy. To be chaos in a place and family of order. There is more order in even ever shifting Amalgamous than I."

He bellows now, "OPENED THIS PLACE TO WAR!?! WE WERE CREATED ONLY FOR WAR! AND I WILL SEE IT END!"
" Heh. Ha ha... Ha ha ha. " Battle Mans shoulders heave as his head lolls back for a moment. " I get it. No really... I know where you're coming from Megatronus. It's tough isn't it? Being built for war... Being created to be an instrument of destruction. When your body is a weapon, you can only fight a war, right?

" Wrong."
With that, he reached up and tapped the side of his helmet, though his head lolled to the side as if listening around him, trying to ignore the throbbing that rose and swell, growing like beating taiko drums.

" You're a sentient, like me... You have free will. We both do. I get it. For the longest time, I thought the same way... ' I'm a monster. ' 'This sin stained body is a weapon, so I am a weapon.' ' I'm not like 'them'. " He said holding out his hands to the side, body aching, straining. " But that's an illusion... Worse. It's an excuse. It's a selfish way to blame others, to remove guilt or blame, or to direct your hatred. Yes... hatred. That's the word. Hatred... Despair...

Our origins are full of darkness and despair, Megatronus. But those origins don't make us who we are. It's our choices right now... The decisions we CHOOSE to make now that determine whether you are a monster or not. Whether you succumb to despair and die away in some trash heap, become a weapon of terror, or rise above it... "
Reaching his hand down, Battle Man gripped tightly onto his SHADOW Driver and began to pull, body shuddering in pain.

" Well... Here's my choice Megatronus." He grunted, as the enforcer suit he wore shuddered, and rippled.... And with a firm pull, he dragged the driver out of his abdomen, exposing crimson red spikes and wires as the suit tore away, leaving Hakeshi standing there with eyes still clenched from the blinding light, but tears glistening down his cheek.

He had seen Tycho's memories. But more than that, he had touched his mind... For a brief instant, he got a glimpse of how Tycho felt. For that moment, he understood truly how another being felt. How Tycho had turned the darkness of his own life into hope... Hakeshi no longer felt quite as alone.

Tossing the driver to clatter towards Primus' head, he heaved heavily as his entire body felt like it was on fire, and the blood flowed from the holes in his abdomen. " I choose to no longer let the chains of the past bind me.... I refuse to let the despair of what I was 'turned into' weigh me down. I'm not a monster, Megatronus. I'm not a weapon.... A soldier.... a tool.... I'm a man. And men protect those dear to them. "

Finally the pressure grew too much, as Hakeshi stumbled back and slowly opened his eyes.... Glazed eyes that were milky white as his hands reached back, and pulled at the back opening of the black suit he wore just in time for his armor to crack and long orange flaps slowly emerge.... Bit by bit the crack would grow, running up his back as he pushed back and suddenly a glistening figure pulled back out of Hakeshis form as his roachlike body fell forward with a huge empty hole in the back.

Stumbeling back, Hakeshi looked at his hands... His body no longer feeling tight, the throbbing pain gone, and more importantly, he felt more at peace with himelf than ever before... Smiling, he thrust his hand into the air and made a gesture before bringing it down dramatically infront of him.

" Battle Man SAINT "
He shouted, as a purple aura glowed about his body... Still feeling the mental connection he had with Tycho... Taking a bit of that psychic aura and blending it with his own burning fighting spirit to manifest itself into a new KI.

Now however, he decided to direct that KI into his fists to launch a glowing purple fist, aiming to uppercut Megatronus' weapon with a powerful yet poorly aimed strike.
Using a hero point to create an alternate effect to Rider Form. SAINT form. Replacing bonuses with [Enhanced Damage 2, Linked with Weaken toughness 4]
Improved Smash Attack 1d20+5=11
[/quote]
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Yeoman »

stavaros-the-arcane wrote: Thunderchild looks at Barney. "Barney my friend, I have the feeling that we have set in motion something glorious and beautiful."

He calls out to the Buster Machine: "In that case as the currently highest ranked Terran Space Fleet officer at this time; I, Captain William Thunderchild, request your enlistment to assist in saving the universe. First Priority is stopping her" He points at Glorinth "From unlawfully seizing the dangerous weaponry of this armory for nefarious purposes against Terra and its allies."

It was technically true as he was probably the only Earth born human in this time period with a Space Naval Rank.
She glances aside at you and smiles, warmly. "I'm pretty sure you're a pirate in that outfit." Her eyes then swing back towards Glorith. "I have, however, been capable of processing for the last 1.5 million years, and am well aware of the situation."

Her hand begins to glow, building up energy for a few seconds before Glorith fades from view. "Next time then."

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:Geanie
Condition: -1 Hit, Dazed, Fatigued

"Got it!"

This was going to take some effort: Geanie was still reeling from getting knocked out. No theatrics this time, just a run-up and a punch at one of the wraiths. Even that was tiring.
Run up, Surge for Standard action since I'm Dazed, take 10 on a Power Attack for a total of attack roll of 18 >> damage 21 Tgh
You destroy the Wraith actively clawing at Epistemus' face, allowing her to devote more attention to attacking the others on her body.

Meanwhile Temple's hand disappears into the cloak, reappearing encased in an immense gauntlet, brimming with energy as he swings at Panik. (If a 15 hits, DC 27 Toughness) And it's your turn Cri.

metool2 wrote:
" Battle Man SAINT "
He shouted, as a purple aura glowed about his body... Still feeling the mental connection he had with Tycho... Taking a bit of that psychic aura and blending it with his own burning fighting spirit to manifest itself into a new KI.

Now however, he decided to direct that KI into his fists to launch a glowing purple fist, aiming to uppercut Megatronus' weapon with a powerful yet poorly aimed strike.
Using a hero point to create an alternate effect to Rider Form. SAINT form. Replacing bonuses with [Enhanced Damage 2, Linked with Weaken toughness 4]
Improved Smash Attack 1d20+5=11
[/quote]

Ahh, Alternate effect hero forms. Hello old friend. :)

Anyway, take an HP, and that misses.
As you swing upwards Megatronus casually plucks you out of the air. "I have had enough of your backtalk little flesh things. But I am generous. Any last words?"

You don't get a chance to tell him, however, before a yellow and blue blur slams into the betrayer. You can make out the giant caped form of the Centurion Machine you passes on the way in wrestling with Megatronus. With one hand he slams him against the wall of the tunnel, while he breaks his grip on you with the other.

At which point Megatronus casually reaches up with his other hand and crushes the side of the Machine's face, spearing his thumb into your rescuers' eye. Howling in pain he stumbles backwards to his knees. After a moment, his chest plate begins sliding open, revealing a control cavity inside.

Numebr Seven also begins to recover, mumbling, "Lord Primus. You must attempt to wake him. Only he or one of the guiding hand could deal with him."

((Flynnarrel, your turn.))

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1
COND: -3

"Small fortune...." Barney breathed, before moving to Solus' aid.
Multiattack Damage -2/+2: Take 10 for total of 18.
DC Toughness 23 + Multiattack against the wraiths. Takedown 2.

So as of currently, there are 14/24 Wraiths?
Impeach the peach!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

(A 15 misses.)

Panik ducks under Panik's attack.

Panik pulls out his syringe. "Okay, lets try this again."

1d20+8=16 Assume that is a miss.

"yeah, if anyone whose actually good at combat can hear me, we could use a little help here." Panik says to no one in particular.