Changed idea, link in OP

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Re: The Quick and the Undead(Interest/Recruiting) 3E/PL8

Postby Evolución » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 am

I'll go for whichever, my character is good for both, just have to switch inventor for artificer

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 am

Although my vote is still for the MMO/ New World, I gots a question... kind of leads off my last one.

Are the PCs that awaken in the New World aware that they are from another world and thus trying to get home? Or are they unaware to a certain extent?

I ask because it creates two or three important foci... Trying to get home. My aforementionned mix of `real world` and `fantasy world` abilities. And of course how the players interact - if they think they`re in a game they`re more reckless...

So the long and the short of this one is, what do the characters know about their situation and link to the dimension where they installed the game ?

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:21 am

Hound wrote:I've had several complaints and private messages people saying they would much rather a pure fantasy game.

That's a shame. I love the Weird West. I'm going to vote to keep the Quick and the Undead game going but from the looks of the other posts I'm going to be outvoted. Sadly, I am going to withdraw interest should this transition over to the New World MMO style game.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:44 am

I will try and address all questions thus far.

items/abilities wrote:Communication 4: limited to players you have first met Face to Face, both players must agree to be added to each others friends lists.

Recall: Teleport to the last city you visited, requires 1 minute to cast.

Basic Bag of Holding: A basic waste pouch that can hold up to 200 pounds of material, however only weights 5 pounds. Better bags can be found later in game.

Currently these are free, I will also be considering a few other abilities that are traditionally found in a MMO. I am open to suggestions, but I also want to keep this hard on players.

"Old Technology"Will be rare if at all. If you want a flash light, just take a "sunlight rod"

Rations? Ehhh that's fine, but its not like I will be making it hard to obtain food...

Real Life Skills
Yes, I understand a barbarian tauren is played by a real life person, so they might know how to program C++ and know how to cook french cuisine.

However, will knowing C++ help in game? Probably not.

Will knowing french cuisine help with in game crafting? Odds are? Nope. Most games are pretty basic.

Hunk of Raptor Meat, Water, West Land Spices, orcish potatos and wild onions is all that is needed to make a fancy pot of stew that would normally require atleast a dozen other ingrediants.

Aware

People remember their old lives, they know it's a game from various aspects, like looking like their avatar, the clothes, the automatic skills they perform on instinct, the HUD that pops up with motioned for... etc...

Yes some people will be looking for a way out, some people will be too scared to leave the main cities, some people will think its all fun and games, etc... etc...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

optionqb
Champion
Champion

Postby optionqb » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Looks like we're going towards the MMO game now. I'll submit a different character. Are we gonna keep using this recruiting thread? We've got a lot of toons for the western/fantasy hybrid posted here

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm

I will be making a new thread shortly. Link to follow.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:58 pm

My Characters

Return to “M&M Game Room”