Changed idea, link in OP

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
optionqb
Champion
Champion

Re: Ezoria Online 3E (Interest)

Postby optionqb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:23 pm

This sounds like a really interesting game. Since the witch class is relegated to women, could I possibly submit a Warlock (basically a renegade male witch who dabbles mostly in black magic)?

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Hound wrote:I apologize for throwing up an incomplete idea. I honestly didn't expect such a rush of interest.

Darn you for having such great ideas? ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your more complete version.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Spectrum wrote:
Hound wrote:I apologize for throwing up an incomplete idea. I honestly didn't expect such a rush of interest.

Darn you for having such great ideas? ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your more complete version.

ditto on that!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Indeed. Fleshed out fun!
Impeach the peach!

Warmonger
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Warmonger » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:41 am

Yeah I been thinking aobut something liek this before myself. Also inspired by the divine Paladins in SAO. I have some ideas I think PL8 is enough for sucha setting. But Niche protection would be important in sucha setting me thinks.

An idea that I thought of is feat and skill restrictions. Maybe certain skills are blocked to certain classes and certan feats or feat combinations are restricted too.

IE.

Theif gets all agility dexterity and some intelligence skills but maybe no str or fighitng based skills. But a ranger could get a that combination but couldnt get escape artists etc. Or their skill levels coudl be capped.

Maybe the Berserker is the only class that could get the ALll-out attack and Power attack combination. Thigns like that could be fun. We could argue for certian cases before the game world is done.
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance." Thanos of Titan

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Postby deathsap » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 pm

PL 8 is ok for low end fantasy but for a MMO type thing I think it would need to higher level.

Full plate is +6 toughness so toughness 10 would be easy for a paladin/fighter/cleric, providing they don't have magic armour. Or anything making them tougher.
Good Luck!

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Warmonger wrote:Maybe the Berserker is the only class that could get the All-out attack and Power attack combination. Things like that could be fun. We could argue for certian cases before the game world is done.

Got to say i love this idea, its simple and effective. I suggest making it a custom advantage and calling it...

Berserk Attack.

I also suggest lowering the number classes (warrior/thief/caster), and just making the the rest of them "talent trees"

So a defensive caster could be "priest spec", a defensive warrior "paladin" etc.
    Insert witty comment here.

Warmonger
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Warmonger » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Plan B wrote:
Warmonger wrote:Maybe the Berserker is the only class that could get the All-out attack and Power attack combination. Things like that could be fun. We could argue for certain cases before the game world is done.

Got to say i love this idea, its simple and effective. I suggest making it a custom advantage and calling it...

Berserk Attack.

I also suggest lowering the number classes (warrior/thief/caster), and just making the the rest of them "talent trees"

So a defensive caster could be "priest spec", a defensive warrior "paladin" etc.

Exactly do it like an MMO.

So the Three classes break down into 3 roles DPS, Mitigation, Utility, ???
Then those classes break down into either group or dingle target.

Like the Thief Tree can be.

Thief-Utility, Bard-Mitigation, Ranger- DPS

Then Thief: Assassin highest single strike DPS maybe poison or some esoteric powers, Acrobat: Distracts large groups or is able to bound around the field of battle doing smaller amounts of damage maybe some other stuff.

Ranger: Beastmaster, and Archer

it doesn't have to be like that but just a thought.

And yes I know that as soon as you make a class system everyone wants to be the special snowflake but I'm sure it doesn't have to be a problem. Its just an idea skeleton for now.
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance." Thanos of Titan

Atmo
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Atmo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:42 pm

I'll keep an eye on this topic.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:56 pm

When this does go to recruitment, I was thinking of being a spellslinger. Currently, I was able to come up with 15pp worth of "ammo" for gunslinging magic. I was also thinking of using this image for my character:

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:33 am

No Warlock? tsk tsk.

*EDIT: Oh, didn't see there was a second page. Optionqb beat me to it.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: UPDATED IDEA(See Opening post)

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Check the opening post, see if anyone likes that idea.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:00 pm

I like it. Shuffling concepts right now, but will come up with something soonish

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Just one nick-pick on the setting. I think you mean 1891, not 1791. The 18th century was the very early years of the USA's independence and after the War for Independence. 1891 happens after the Civil War, where the Wild West pretty much began and was was mainly based off of due to the Louisiana Purchase. But, hey, with a Fantasy styled Wild West, it could be different.

Personally, I do like the idea that you had before this one; but, I can try for this one. I have a Wild West character idea, but he is a Mind Reading Gambler, and that would be inconsistent with the setting. I could just be a regenerating gun slinger, but I think I may have to change things around. I need to think on this one.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:21 pm

First, I updated the Games List with this one. ;)

Second, I think I might be able to tweak this concept to fit here... I would probably rebuild her from the ground up as a Beastman, leaning on making her/ him a ranger type.

Return to “M&M Game Room”