(IC) drothgery's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. : Episode 0

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

(IC) drothgery's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. : Episode 0

Postby drothgery » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Michael "Wheelman" Fahrer drove the SUV out of the US Navy base in the Miramar neighborhood of San Diego, CA that had long been known as 'Top Gun'. It should just be a short drive across town which hardly required his expertise, but Agent Augustine had all but ordered him to take the wheel. The other members of the team and any equipment they could not bear to be parted with filled out the vehicle along with a young man who seemed to be Augustine's assistant.

The old SHIELD hands among the group knew of Rani Augustine as a cyber-security type who'd become one of Director Fury's top people, but to the newer members of the team she was just as unfamiliar as everyone else. Still, Fury had made it clear to everyone that she was their new boss, and she had a lot to do with determining who was on her team.

As they pulled into the driveway of what looked like a large house in La Jolla, she said her first words since greeting you all."We got this place because I lost the toss with Coulson." When the garage opened, it seemed normal enough. When the garage door closed and the floor dropped three stories, Agent Augustine's assistant asked "What did you get if you won?"

"We've got this new airplane..." She said. "That and the heli-carrier are the two well-equipped mobile bases SHIELD has. Since I didn't get that, I decided to grab a nice spot for our fixed base. We shouldn't have any problem getting whatever we need wherever we need to take it, especially with Mr. Fahrer on our team, but the ride may be a little more Spartan than the Avengers or Agent Coulson's team gets. Still, don't be surprised if we're in Afghanistan one week and Alabama the next."
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: (IC) drothgery's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. : Episode 0

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Irene Adler

With glasses so thick there was no way her eyes were too small to see the roll the brown-tinged black-haired Irene Adler did just that.

"I know: let's play a round of 'Worst Place Ever Stationed'. I'll go first:

"Research igloo in the Arctic. It's freezing cold yet people still work up a sweat but they can't bathe and have been eating nothing but raw seal and buried fermented bird carcasses."

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Agent Hunter

Charlie scoffed. He was a little unnerved by the sudden drop to the underground base, but he couldn't help but feel out of depth. "I don't know. At least we're someplace warm, right? Nice town..." He was a California boy, dressed in light black, and held himself carefully. He tried to ignore the heat of wearing dark clothes. He took off the black mirrored shades, slipping them into a pocket, revealing charming brown eyes. He glanced about, trying to figure out what he was really doing on this team. Orders were orders, and Charlie still had to get used to the idea of following orders. But, at least it would pay the bills, right? Do some good too...

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Agent X. Victor
HP 1, Luck 3
CONDITION: Fine

On their ride to the rendezvous point, Xavier, dressed in a dark blue button down shirt with a black leather jacket on top and black cargo pants, was cleaning off his dual barreled pistol with a cloth. Not much had been said on their way to their intended location. When they had stopped and entered their underground rendezvous point, Xavier holstered "Cheyanne" in a custom made holster.

It was then that Xavier chuckled at Irene's remark. "Why not try a miserably humid base located somewhere in in Indonesia in the middle of their rainy season. Let's not forget that all we have to eat are grasshoppers, other insects, and arachnids. Then let's add in the team getting ill from different diseases."

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Reverend Timothy Manfred
HP: 1

A bit of mirth broke out on the face of the Reverend, sitting patiently with his hands folded in his lap. "I believe we'll appreciate our home for what it is worth - after we have been away long enough on missions."
Impeach the peach!

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Michael "Wheelman" Fahrer
LP: 2

Sheet

Michael is sitting in the drivers seat with his eyes closed and his hands in his lap. Anyone looking at his hands will see his smartphone displaying the latest version of Angry Birds seemingly playing itself as his hands rest in his lap. "Don't get me started on bad deployment zones. The stories I could tell you about sand and uncomfortable places for it... I appreciate any place with a decent motor pool and a place to rewind and unlax after a mission. If this place is even half as nice as the rumors I've heard about the helicarrier then its going straight to the top of my happy places list."
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Agent Augustine's cell phone rings while you are talking.

"I've barely said hello to my team and you want us to look into an oh-eight-four near New Dehli?" She said.

"No, I don't care that Coulson's team is in Peru. Or that Stark doesn't take orders. Or that Rodgers is on assignment. Or that you can't find Banner. I haven't even run these people through a training scenario as a team yet."

"Don't give me any nonsense about fitting in. I grew up in DC, not Bangalore. Agent Hunter is similar."

A little after that she put her phone back in her pocket.

"It looks like we won't have a few days to settle in like I'd hoped."

Disclaimer regarding locales you go to in this game: Excepting your home base in San Diego, I've almost certainly never been there nor had any occasion to research the place in depth. I can easily get details of geography and/or culture wildly wrong, and probably will.
Last edited by drothgery on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:46 pm

OOC wrote:Ironically enough, i spent a week in New Delhi this summer. No worry, I can help.

Agent Hunter

Charlie looked away, a little disinterested. He wasn't very used to this kind of stuff. The rest were seasoned vets... He was still getting his feet wet here, and already he was being submerged in it all.

He looked up at the mention of his own name. A raised eyebrow drew a question. "What's an 0-7-4?" he wondered.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Agent X. Victor
HP 1, Luck 3
CONDITION: Fine

"You mean an 0-8-4, kid, and that is an object that we have no idea about at first." Agent X replied to Hunter. "Have you heard the news of a hammer landing in New Mexico some years ago? That was an 0-8-4 before learning that it was the Hammer of Thor. Does that clear things up? Anyway, just do not expect us to be your average missionary. We will most likely secure the object and bring it in for research on what it can do, then determine what to do with it."

OOC: Just so you lot know, I will be making A LOT of Liam Neeson references because this character was based off of Neeson from "Taken". Hope you enjoy them. :P (Also, the link is to Neeson's very first film role.)

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Agent Hunter

"I knew about the Norse guy, and I am briefed on the New York Incident. Don't remember any news about any hammer back then." he said, then turned away, mumbling. "Must've been before I got in all this mess..."

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 am

Irene Adler

"Hm, maybe it'll be the vajra this time. You know, the thunderbolt of Indra.

"Or would that be too many thunder gods on one planet? Maybe it'll be Vishnu's latest incarnation. If you think Thor's impressive you should see blue-boy's rap sheet."

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 am

Reverend Timothy Manfred

The Reverend gave a slightly scolding look to Agent Xavier. "I'll assume no offense was intended by that reference. So what precisely are we looking into, sir?"
Impeach the peach!

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:25 am

Quinn Jackson

Quinn Jackson had been recruited by SHIELD just a month ago, specifically for this team.. well actually, they'd planned on putting him on that OTHER team, but apparently Coulson had found a hacker with better.. assets.
stupid rising tide. Stupid hot sexy Skye. Stupid super-awesome team that got a plane..

Quinn snorted "The hammer? I hope this one's a bit harder to crack - I figured that one out before your suits even got there.. and I only saw the thing online. I think I laughed for a week straight when I found out the neo-pagans were right after all. Though you did do a good job scrubbing the evidence from the net... for a ponderous government agency, that is."

EnigmaticOne wrote:The Reverend gave a slightly scolding look to Agent Xavier. "I'll assume no offense was intended by that reference. So what precisely are we looking into, sir?"

"Uh Rev - OH Eight Four means unknown. It's kinda like asking 'What kinda UFO are we searching for'.. if you knew, it wouldn't be a UFO." He sighed, rolling his eyes and looking back to his phone.

"Though if we're placing bets, I've got a fifty that says it's not related to any god. Not that I wouldn't love to find the 'kennel of Bastet' or something. Ah history's first 'sexy cat-girl.'" Quinn chuckled slightly.

Well Informed/Contacts: Can Quinn find any info on weird things happening in New Delhi recently?
Skill Mastery: Investigation = 25.

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Quinn: There doesn't seem to be any 'weird stuff' in the news lately in and around New Dehli. The Indian government only very narrowly approved the treaty that grants SHIELD its international charter; the opposition claims SHIELD is just another Anglo-American spy organization, only with better toys and scarier threats to hang in front of people. Tensions with Pakistan are always a concern, but things have been relatively calm on that front lately.

"Director Fury assures me he'll be forwarding everything they have within the hour, and we can review it en route. But he's authorized the use of a CX-8*, so don't expect too much time to read on the plane."

* Long-term SHIELD agents and anyone with 10 ranks or more in Vehicles recognizes this as a top-secret supersonic transport plane (that I just made up because I'm too lazy to search Marvel lore or real-world stuff for something that works). With a cruising speed of around Mach 2, you can get from San Diego to New Dehli in about 7 hours
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 am

Michael "Wheelman" Fahrer
LP: 2

Sheet

Staring at the plane like a kid at Christmas, Michael says, "Awesome! Do I get to pilot this thing or am I gonna be forced to dead head for the trip?"
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Return to “M&M Game Room”