Crinoverse: Time After Time (OOC Thread)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Crinoverse: Time After Time (OOC Thread)

Postby Yeoman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Pulled from your homes, from your lives, and thrown into other places, other times, taken and directed by forces beyond your control. To fix that which has gone wrong, for the sake of everything that ever was or will be.

The characters will be moving from a number of different places and time periods, largely centered on Earth, but it's likely there will be a few adventures set elsewhere. And, yes, there is a reason for this.

Recruiting 5 to 7 players (final number To be Determined), PL 8, 140 points, Third Edition, recruiting ends October 15.

Setting: The Crinoverse

Recommendations:
1) Everyone will get Universal translator with sentient species for free. So Taking Communication with such should be for those whose backgrounds it fits and/or want it for when the GM eventually cruelly rips it away to force the players to rely without for an adventure.

2) Adventures are likely to involve subtlety. The heroes fixing history rather than making it. Flashy uncontrollable powers and/or extremely non-human appearance with no easy disguise kinda work against this. IE: The Incredible Hulk is a bad idea, Iceman is not. A good deal of points sunk into advantages and skills would probably be a decent idea.

3) For at least the beginning there won't be much control where the PCs are headed. So high tech equipment equipment, easily lost devices/focuses and those without an easy way to recharge them are not a great idea. ie: Magic ring, sure. Compound bow, maybe. Machine gun, expect to run out of ammo.

4) I'd prefer travel powers be kept to rank 5 or less. If things go like I'd like, I want to heroes to explore and experience the environments and peoples of the past. Not just blink where ever they need to be.

Disallowed powers:

1)Time travel/Dimension travel is right out.
2) Precognition/power cognition should be taken with care.
3)Concealment is limited total for only one sense, or partial for one sense group and/or multiple senses.

House Rules:

1)Using Power Attack and All out attack at the same time is allowed only once per Combat.
2) Once per three adventures, any player may activate theme music power up (assuming they have chosen character theme music) to either gain a free hero point or use Power Attack/All out attack combo an extra time. But make the description epic.

Stavros The Arcane: Captain Thunderchild-Cybrog Space Pirate
Kruezritter: Tycho Rosen-Psionic Bioroid Survivor
Silvercat Moonpaw: Ge-Ne-Ra Aquatic Cat Girl Time Traveller
Enigmatic One: Barney Hale-Victorian Martial Artist
Flynnarrel: Dr. BumilMagician pulp adventurer
metool: Hakeshi Tanjo- Kamen SHADOW
Crinos: Dr. Panik
Last edited by Yeoman on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Crinoverse: Time After Time (3E, Recruiting)

Postby Phrozen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:41 pm

I will post something up hopefully this weekend. I am in the middle of moving currently and only have my kindle.

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Just to be clear is there a preferred time period for our characters to start from or can we play around with people from different eras?

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Percolating ideas and waiting for the answers to Stavaros' good question.
Impeach the peach!

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:56 pm

stavaros-the-arcane wrote:Just to be clear is there a preferred time period for our characters to start from or can we play around with people from different eras?

Any period. Well, aliens and what not are allowed. But are likely gonna be pretty lost and will need a way to blend.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Can you tell us how our characters are going to be thrust into the adventures? Is it going to be some sudden thing, or is there going to be an opportunity to Resist the Call/prepare?

Also would you be adverse to characters who've already had time-travel experience?

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Yeah I'm thinking about a guy from the future, possibly a living robot 'descended' from Reinhardt's brother/son Blitzcrank, or a gun Fu type from a wasteland, violent Fallout/Afro Samurai type future.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:15 pm

I personally, got some inspiration. Victorian era ally of Sherlock Holmes who is a martial artist of Black Leg Style. :D
Impeach the peach!

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:26 pm

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:Can you tell us how our characters are going to be thrust into the adventures? Is it going to be some sudden thing, or is there going to be an opportunity to Resist the Call/prepare?

It's going to be very, very sudden.

Also would you be adverse to characters who've already had time-travel experience?

I don't mind.

Arthur Eld wrote:Yeah I'm thinking about a guy from the future, possibly a living robot 'descended' from Reinhardt's brother/son Blitzcrank, or a gun Fu type from a wasteland, violent Fallout/Afro Samurai type future.

Just remember what I noted. If the robot needs repairs he may be in trouble, and a gun fighter may run into ammunition issues. You'd likely get an HP, but while I usually consider it kind of a dick move to take away equipment focuses, this time out I'm planning on enforcing ammunition and ability to replace things.

EnigmaticOne wrote:I personally, got some inspiration. Victorian era ally of Sherlock Holmes who is a martial artist of Black Leg Style. :D

Oh, you may have fun with something I've got planned for the first adventure.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Well, the robot will basically be alive, so he'll have a Stamina score.

In fact, considering the extra 20 points we have. This may be my best chance to do my wizard robot, specializing in thunder magic, both as a nod to Blitzcrank and the Reinhardt family being connected to Donar, god of thunder.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:41 pm

i'm thinking a telekinetic cyberpunk gangbanger/courier, from a setting that basicly mashes together infamous, fallout,shadowrun and the Saints row franchise, where all that's left are the corps and the lawless super-gangs
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Man, I would love to submit one of my fave characters, Chrysalis, who was originally conceived as an apocalypse warrior and so would be interesting in a "taken out of time" setting, but I don't think she'd work at below PL10. The setting is intriguing, so I'm going to try to think of something.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Interesting concept. Been wanting to get into a Crinoverse based game for a while. As for a character, would a Scorpion Totem work?

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Like I posted in the other thread the concept is an immortal swordsman with a big case os survivors guilt because he participated in almost every single major European war since the 8) 1300s. WWI and WWII hit him particularly hard. He took up superheroism as therapy.

Return to “M&M Game Room”