Joker the Immortal (3e OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Joker the Immortal (3e Recruitment)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:32 am

XeroKhan wrote:I was thinking of giving any other interested people another week before closing down.

K. Just wondered how much time I had to fix up Nightwing. I'll work on it this weekend.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 am

Hey, Xero, what about Alfred? I don't need to include him in my backstory, I was just wondering.

Backstory is up, will make the minor changes to Nightwing to "age him up" a bit in the next day or two.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 am

Let's just say that he is an inside man. :P

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Alright, I will be closing recruitment here. All those who did post a character are in. Thank you for your interest. I will set up the IC tomorrow. If there is any form of tidying up for your character, please do so before you would post in the IC. Once again, thank you.

Common Terms I will use:

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Joker the Immortal (3e OOC)

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Cool. I don't think there are really any changes I need to make, but I'll give it another look over before I join the IC. Hope you guys make sure I don't miss anything...

Also, Thorp, I just read your backstory for Nightwing. And it was awesome. Kudos.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:36 pm

XeroKhan wrote:Alright, I will be closing recruitment here. All those who did post a character are in. Thank you for your interest. I will set up the IC tomorrow. If there is any form of tidying up for your character, please do so before you would post in the IC. Once again, thank you.

See, I knew I would make it past the IF... :wink:

I should have time to tweak Nightwing tonight if all goes well.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Joker the Immortal (Interest)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Changed my mind on who I want to be. :)

I realize you're not technically recruiting yet, but I figured I might as well drop this while I had a moment. May need some minor tweaks, but I've had this PC build ready to go for a good while.

NIGHTWING (DICK GRAYSON) PC
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 12 (+18) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+9), Deception (+4), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+5), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 10 (+13), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+9), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 7 (+11), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 7 (+13), Technology 4 (+7), Treatment (+3), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (6), Inspire (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Redirect, Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Kevlar Weave Costume: Protection 2; 2 pts
Mask: Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Commlink (Senses 1 [Communication Link, Oracle]), GPS; 4 pts
Utility Gauntlets: (24 pts)
Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware; resisted by Dodge], Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 16 pts
Masterwork Escrima Sticks: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Disarming, Split; 1 pt
Nightarangs: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2, Dangerous, Extra: Indirect 1 [from behind]; 1 pt
Wing Dings: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack, Dangerous; 1 pt
Flashlight: Feature 1 (Illumination); 1 pt
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging), Ranged Trip; 1 pt
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range); 1 pt
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology), Tiny; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +3; Escrima Sticks +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4
Throwing +11 [Nightarang +5, Critical 19-20; Wing Dings +1, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Flash Bang Affliction +4, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Joker
Identity: He has a secret identity of Dick Grayson
Obsession: Defeating and eventually killing The Joker
Relationships: He remains close to Barbara Gordon (Oracle) and had a previous relationship with Rose Wilson and the two remain close. He is very protective of the memory of the deceased members of the Bat family
Responsibility: To protect as many people as he can from The Joker

Abilities 76 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 0 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Background: As Dick Grayson pulled himself up for another pull-up on the sewer pipe in his underground bunker, he let his mind drift for a moment:

One time, Tim, Babs and I were sitting around talking at a diner talking. And…

You know, we didn’t do that enough. Just me with my family as…us. No Batarangs. No supervillain trying to destroy Gotham. Just us talking, spending time together like normal families do. It goes without saying that we were far from a normal family, but we were a family. I didn’t appreciate that part enough when everything was, even though we didn’t realize it at the time; good.

Anyway, we were talking in code, of course, and Tim brought up the fact I had known The Joker longer than either of them. That gave me pause. I hadn’t really thought about it that way before. When Bruce took me in and trained me, The Joker was one of the first villains I ever fought. Bruce tried to keep me out of it, but I wouldn’t listen (shocker). We beat him like we pretty much always did for years but I will never forget seeing him the first time. There was always that constantly smile, and the laugh that probably makes the hair stand up on the backs of hyenas. But it was those eyes. You would think they would be dead…cold…lost. But they’re the opposite. They sparkle. They dance. They take in everything.

For someone who has caused so much death, the one thing I always remember about The Joker is that of all the beings I’ve ever encountered, The Joker might be the most ALIVE.

That always seemed like some massive cosmic flaw. Or more than likely, considering the recipient, it’s a cosmic JOKE.

But it’s not funny anymore. It never was funny.

It was a cosmic mistake. One that I am going to correct.

I can’t believe he’s been in power for 15 years. It’s been 15 years since Bruce and Tim died. 15 years since the he and his army of villains and psychopaths killed most of the Justice League. 15 years since me, Babs, Rose, Clark and others went into hiding. It’s been too long. But now it’s about to change. I’ve done what I could, saved who I could without drawing too much attention to myself. But I’m no idiot and I don’t have a death wish. I couldn’t make a move on The Joker by myself. I needed help.

I needed Superman. nd he’s ready now. There’s others ready now.

I've BEEN ready.

I’ve had 15 years to let the pain of my family’s deaths fester in my heart. 15 years to let the disgust build as I see what he’s turned this country into.

The bad news for the Joker is that I’ve had 15 years to PLAN.

I know Clark will want to bring him to justice. Let the world courts pass judgment. That’s what Bruce and Diana would want, too. He knows I was trained my entire life to think the same way.

But he killed Jason. He killed Tim. He killed Helena. He killed Stephanie.

He killed Bruce.

He killed my family.

Dick swung off the sewer pipe, did a somersault and strolled over to his equipment. He looked over his arsenal and pulled up a razor sharp Batarang.

His judgment has already been passed…his sentence…is death.

At my hands.

Fixed up and with a new pic to show a more mature Dick Grayson.
Shop J-Mart!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:15 pm

That's actually a really good image for older Nightwing.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:17 pm

kenmadragon wrote:That's actually a really good image for older Nightwing.

Thanks. Can u tell I am really looking forward to this game? 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes very much so hope it works out well the team of players :)

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Common Terms I will use:

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Wait, are we in civilian guise, or in super-suits? And in broad daylight?

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Super-suited.

Common Terms I will use:

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Whats up is this game dead or are we still carrying on?

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm sorry everyone. I am preoccupying my time with other games and not on this one. With my attentions elsewhere, I think I may need to close this game. I am sorry everybody.

Common Terms I will use:

Return to “M&M Game Room”