Joker the Immortal (3e OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Joker the Immortal (3e Recruitment)

Postby Aerlwyn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:57 am

Sorted a backstory for Castellan, hope it works into the setting, please let me know if i need to add details to flesh in the background material.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Joker the Immortal (Interest)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:42 pm

XeroKhan wrote:Good to see a good bit of interests, as well as a couple of builds. I will put this into recruitment. Now, to wait for the other builds.

@Thorpocolypse: I see nothing wrong with the build. As for complications, can you put down something for the loss of Bruce Wayne/Batman? Dick Grayson was, after all, the first of many Robins. Also, could you add in a more detailed background for Nightwing for this setting?

Word. I'll work on it this weekend.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Its still a work in progress, but:

Archon

Abilities: 66
STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

Skills: 12
Athletics (+12/+17), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+8), Deception (+1), Expertise: Science 2 (+4), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Insight 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Psycho Powers 6 (+8), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages: 9
All-Out Attack, Beginner’s Luck, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown 2

Powers: 48
Psycho Power
. . Psychoforce: Feature (Apply Ranged 12 extra to Strength)
. . . AE: Paragon of Strength
. . . . Enhanced Strength 5 [drawbacks: Quirk 2(Non Damaging usages)]
. . . . Enhanced Strength 4 [flaws: Limited(Lifting)]
. . . AE: Expanded Senses: Senses 12 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended],Vision Penetrates Concealment[flaw: Distracting])
Incredible Movement
. . Super Speed
. . . . Speed 9
. . . . .Quickness 9
. . . AE: Flying Super: Flight 9
Bio-Metric Supremacy: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
Superior Healing Factor: Regeneration 2
Near Bullet-Proof: Protection 3

Defenses: 16
Toughness 13
Dodge 7
Parry 7
Fortitude 12
Will 7

Combat:
Psychoforce: +8 Ranged Damage 12
Unarmed: +8 Close Damage 12
Initiative +5

Abilities 66 + Skills 12 + Advantages 9+ Powers 48+ Defenses 16 = 150 PP

Complications:
Motivation - Save the World: Archon has a bit of a hero complex, and a childhood fondness of superheroes (the comics helped him through tough times). Now he has the abilities to do so, he has his sights on finding and beating the Joker, and any other villain who tries to do wrong. He drives himself to save others, and keep them safe from harm.
Secret - Identity: Archon is actually mild mannered freelance reporter John Doe! He hides his secret identity by wearing a mask while in costume, and glasses when not.
Secret - Dead Man Walking: John Doe was initially presumed dead, and likes to keep the fact that he was actually involved in the crash that led to him being buried alive a secret. It's not the best of things to share, that you were once dying, then got better, then buried when someone thought you were dead...
Cancer Survivor: John is a survivor of cancer, and has beaten the disease. He keeps this under wraps, but can get a bit ticked when someone makes a disease joke.
Quirk - Human Kindness Archon holds back from using the full extent of his abilities. Mostly because he's scared of truly hurting innocents by accident. He knows how destructive his powers can be, and is usually rather hesistent to use them with innocents about. But when it's just him and a supervillain in the middle of a desert with no one around for miles? The Gloves are Off. But with a civilian, or friend nearby... he hesitates. And that split second of indecision could cost him.
Power Loss - Magic For some odd reason, Magic seems to effect Archon more than most. When resisting Magical effects, Archon loses his Protection ranks and his Regeneration. Also, his Will and Fortitude saves are considered impaired. Archon is not yet aware of this weakness yet.
Growing into Power: John's powers are still growing, and his abilities are of unknown origin. To most, it seems like his physiology was mutated somehow, giving him these abilities, yet he still gains new ones. It is unsure of what he will eventually capable of, but it is possible that John may have the potential to be much more capable that Superman. (note: this is also an explanation for various power stunts in game, like superbreath for example, or even expanded usages of psychokinesis).

Background:

I don’t really remember much about the early years. Most of my time was spent under constant care. People were looking out for me. Mom and Dad especially. Kept telling me I was going to be okay, I would pull through this. I didn’t really know what was wrong then. I kept going to the hospital all the time. Started to get used to the smell too. It’s weird, now, every time I smell that stink, I keep remembering those years.

I had my own room there. It was nice, clean, all white with green tiles on the wall, and a floor so clean my shoes would squeak all the time. The nurses in their little white dresses and wide smiles would hold my hand while I walked down the halls, calling me “poor baby,” or telling me I would be fine. The doctors knew what they were doing. I would be all better in no time.

I didn’t get better. In fact, I got worse. I remember Mom fussing about me starting to lose hair. I looked weird. I think I was too young to pull of the bald head look. I don’t know why. There are monks in the Orient who went bald much younger than I did, aren’t there? I dunno, never really been to that side of the world.

The world was going to the dogs, you know. I guess I was too young to really understand much of what was going on. But now I’m older, and a bit wiser, so I guess I can explain what younger me didn’t quite get.

The fact was, the insane criminal called The Joker had taken over a city in the New England area of the United States. Expanding his criminal power base after murdering a well-known vigilante by the name of Batman, the Joker expanded, and mustered enough forces to attack the capital of what once was the United States. A coalition of the world’s superheroes went out to stop him and his gathered villainous forces. Most of the heroes died, some villains too, but the Justice League fell that day, and what remained of the superheroes of the United States of America fell, and the entire country was rechristened the United States of Joker.

I wasn’t there for that. No, I somewhere in Europe when it happened, with my family as they were trying to get one of the doctors there to fix whatever was wrong with me. She couldn’t, but I know she directed them to someone who could. He was a businessman before the fall, a multi-billionaire by the name of Luthor. My parents made their case to the international tycoon, and for some reason, Lex Luthor, head of LexCorp, former president of the USA, took an interest in me.

I was flown into Canada, where LexCorp ran a private bio-medical research facility. I lived there with my family, and fought the sickness that wracked my body. I could tell, back then, that I was getting worse. Tony, my older brother, would bring me comic books. Stories of the old heroes, fighting the bad guys. Wearing masks and having secret identities, and all the things that made the heroes heroic. Too bad there weren’t any around then.

As it figures, LexCorp did indeed try to help. How? I became an experiment. My condition was “unique.” A rare form of cancer that plagued me, causing various growths in my body which resisted conventional chemotherapy. Radiation didn’t help either - it seemed to actually make the cancer even more resilient. Surgery was too risky, and while the technology required to make it a feasible option was possible, it was untested and the materials could only be gotten in the United States of Joker. Luthor somehow managed to get a hold of the technology needed anyways, though I don’t know how. All I know is that surgery worked, for a while.

I had been a week out of the facility when the pain came back, and I was rushed back for examination. The cancer had come back, and with a vengeance. I was dying. I can remember the life seeping out of me. It’s a horrible feeling. LexCorp appeared to have too much invested in my case for whatever reason, and turned to alternative procedures.

So experimentation. Much of it was done in a lab with samples of the cancerous cells, but there was the occasional treatment. It kept me going for a while, though I could tell it wasn’t a permanent solution. The chemical cocktail did seem to keep me happy though. That, and Tony’s comic books, and I was pretty cheerful for someone knocking at Death’s Door.

About nine or ten years ago, a rather peculiar scientist came to visit me. I was rather heavily sedated at the time, but I could swear he wasn’t human. Figures, doesn’t it? The world has gone mad from the Joker, and I start seeing thing while under. Anyways, the scientist was speaking, but I don’t really remember what he was saying. All I know is that he gave me this injection, then I blanked out for operation. For the next several days, I was given this drug, and I got better.

No really, the cancer went away. The doctors didn’t think it went into remission, more like the cancerous cells were purged, and my genetic code modified to prevent it from happening again. My parents were ecstatic. Once I had been cleared with a clean bill of health, my mom and dad promised to bring me in for annual check ups, and then they took me home.

They wanted to drive me back, something about needing to see the world once more, through new eyes, with new life. I think that for them, a great deal had been lifted off their shoulders. So, they decided to take the scenic route, and the Winnebago drove through the Canadian woods. It was nice out there, near nowhere, just gazing out the window to see the tall trees pass by, tugging at the plastic band around my wrist, an algebra book on my lap. I was still continuing my studies, and trying to learn. I knew that I wanted to do something with my new life, but didn’t know what. I figured I would become a scientist like the one who saved my life. I spent too much time in hospitals to think about being a doctor. Though the nurses are really nice.

Anyways, it was while we were driving through those woods, on the side of the mountain, when an armored truck came barreling out of nowhere around a bend. Or, more accurately, a tank, painted like a clown car, a massive jester’s face emblazoned on the side. The people riding it had painted faces, and a manic smile plastered on their faces, and appeared as armored clowns. Dad tried to swerve out of the way, but there wasn’t enough room. The Winnebago slid, and the tank rammed into us, the soldiers laughing with sick glee. We were pushed over, the guardrail breaking from the massive vehicle’s force, and the Winnebago tumbled over and over as it rolled down the cliff face. I must have blanked out as we finally crashed into the ground. The smell of smoke was overpowering.

I managed to open my eyes as I tried to crawl out of the burning wreck. I couldn’t see my parents, just managing to get outside the broken window, finding some of my things had been thrown out in the crash. I tried to pull myself up, but collapsed, and my eyes began to feel very heavy. A dull throbbing pain began to force its way through my head, and I passed out, my last sights of the world the singed pages of the superhero comic I had hid under the textbook. The hero was floating in the air, cape billowing in the wind heroically as the hero held a massive building up from falling on an innocent person, and his speech bubble read, “Never fear, I am here.”

I don’t know what happened to me next first hand, but had to piece it together afterward. Turns out, our wreck was found later that day. Dad apparently died in the crash, and Mom is still in a coma. She’s still on a hospital bed in British Columbia or something.

I, on the other hand, had a different fate. I woke up in a box. It smelled, and I coughed from the dust as I came to. I couldn’t really move to well, though I suppose there really isn’t any real room to move in a box, is there? So, I found myself in a box, and immediately got worried. I started screaming for Mom and Dad, but they weren’t around. I pounded on the top of the box, screaming for someone to let me out. No one did. So I pounded and pounded, and young boy that I was, began to cry. I cried, and pounded, and was scared.

So to my surprise, the box suddenly broke from my pounding, and a whole slew of dirt and earth fell into my box, drowning my in it. I thought I would die from suffocation right then, but as one might guess, I didn’t. Instead, I got desperate, and really mad. I wanted out, and I clawed. And clawed. And pulled myself up out. Digging through six feet of earth to taste fresh air on my lips.

I still remember the sight, staring up at the stars after blinking away the dirt and grime, collapsing on my back as the stars twinkled overhead. It was so beautiful. I doubt I shall ever forget the sight. I dozed off about then, and woke up to the sun in my face. Groggy, I managed to gather my wits about me, and looked at the sink in the ground where I had dug my way out. It was an unmarked grave. A quick look around showed I was in the middle of nowhere. There didn’t seem to be anything around. All there was was a stick shoved in the ground, and the hole where I had been. Someone had thought I was dead, and buried me. But that begged the question of where my mom and dad were. I didn’t know the first thing about survival, and figured I would just wait for the sun to rise the next morning, and head in the direction of the rising sun. I found a cave, and spent the night there. There was a stream nearby, where I splashed water on my face. Glancing at the reflection, I noted that I didn’t seem that hurt. I checked, and found I had gotten out unscathed. That was weird. It was also strange that I wasn’t cold when I curled up in the cave, waiting for day to come as the moon rose overnight. But, at the time, I was too busy wondering about other things to think those things.

I headed east, well, as much as I could tell was east. I figure I was walking for quite a while. I sort of stumbled through the woods when I began to hear the movement. I was scared again, and I saw the fast moving grey shapes. Wolves. They seemed to sense me, and were following me. I panicked, and ran.

I ran fast. Much faster than should be humanly possible. I found the world blurring by me while I ran, and when I finally stopped, I realized I had run out of forest. I stopped, and tried to figure out what was going on. All I knew was that I had run what appeared to be several miles in a manner of minutes. I decided to use this. I began to move, very quickly, and ran for civilization. I eventually found a road, and hurried down it, hoping to find a town, or someplace with people. Somewhere to get help.

I slept on the side of the road, and was eventually found one night by a passing police officer. The officer couldn’t wake me for whatever reason, so he picked pre-teen me up, and put him in the back. I told them I forgot my name, which was partially true at the time. I could remember my middle name - Jonathan - but that was about it. I didn’t remember the rest until much later, but I never told anyone. To the system, my name is “Mr. John Doe.” I was placed into foster care, and winded up in a suburb near Calgary.

I eventually was taken in by the Jameson family. They were a kind bunch, and reminded me of my birth parents. I eventually came to see them as my parents, after living with them for my teenage years. I grew up with them, going to school, having what passed for a normal life, and did rather well. We had a dog named Tanga, and the cat, Clarissa, had character. I had friends, and learned what I could.

It was around then that I began to discover that things had truly changed for me. I was no longer the sickly kid with cancer, but a young man with powers beyond comprehension. I was incredibly strong, something I learned when a fit of anger over a bad grade ended with a random car being flipped over. I could see and hear things at incredible distances. I was really fast. I noted how resilient my body had gotten when a jock actually tried to hit me when I accidentally insulted him for being stupid. He went away shaking his hand in pain. Even weirder, it seemed that I could surround myself in some manner of intangible energy that made me capable of doing even weirder stuff. I could exert my strength over things without even touching them! Heck, with that, I could jump from the ground to the top of buildings in less than an instant. I later learned that I could float from that if need be, and manage to fly. Yes, fly! Like many of those superheroes used to!

Over time, I turned to science, and blogging. Graduating from high school, I had nothing left to get to. Colleges were mostly abroad, given how many USJ colleges had either been destroyed or were full of Joker Venom junkies. The kids called it Tox, a modified strain of the toxin that seemed to replace most illegal drugs. Of course, Tox wasn’t illegal in the USJ, but outside the states, it was banned, but I managed to find some kids who had gotten a hold of it, and were selling it on the black market in Calgary. I exposed the ring on my small blog, and got a bit of a following from that.

I guess it was after the expose I wrote that I really started to consider doing it for my life. I knew I couldn’t become much of a scientist if I had to live abroad, something my adopted family couldn’t afford. So I turned to submitting pieces to various newspapers, and advertised myself as a freelance reporter. Hey, it worked, and I managed to get a decent income.

Yet, it still nagged at me. The scrap of paper I kept hidden and safe. It was the one I had clenched in my fist just before I last passed out at the crash. The page of the comic, with the burns about the edges, with the hero saving the innocent.

I bought the materials, and got to drawing. I tried to make the suit myself, and the cape. I have to say, I’m rather proud of my work. It’s pretty resistant to most rigors, and it had to be. Plus, it was stylish, and light enough to wear under my clothes when it was cold, or be stuffed in a fanny pack when it was warm. Plus, it had a cape.

About 8 months ago, I flew out, in the dead of night, and found criminals, hiding about, and stealing what they could. I stopped them, and was caught on video. Lucky I wasn’t wearing my glasses. I didn’t really need them of course, what with my abilities, but I figured, what the heck. Besides, people said I looked like a completely different person without them.

So, I submitted a story of the crime stopping to a local newspaper (it wasn’t printed), and later found out that a video of my heroic actions had gone viral on the internet. People around the world seemed to take notice, and I was branded with a name:

“Archon"

I liked it, and it stuck. A month or two later, I moved out, and managed to get an apartment on my own. Began working as Archon, then writing news stories in the mean while to make a living. Strangely, simply taking off the glasses as enough to keep my identity secret. I do keep a mask handy, just in case I actually see someone I know. After a while, the income got steady enough that I began to think of the future. I had begun to encounter supervillains, as the heroes of old did. Rumor on the net talked about other heroes out there, still alive, after the villains had hunted them down.

I knew I was a target, but that was what the mask was for. I was enough to slug it out with the villains, and with my wide array of abilities (I call them Psycho powers... You know from psychokinesis?) I could dish out as well. I'm still small compared to what the Justice League used to be, but I'm still a hero damn it. And I can see the signs. I know what the Joker is up to. I know he has his eyes on putting a wide manic smile on the entire world. And I know I am going to stop him.

That's what a hero does, right? Save the World.

Notes:
:arrow: Build Notes: Takedown 2 is a means of Archon's super speed allowing him to pummel through opponents at high speeds (like Ursa did when taking down the soldiers in the Man of Steel movie). Psychoforce basically allows Archon to treat his strength as ranged (when active) or close (as normal). Psychoforce manifests from either his hands or his eyes (his eyes only manifest for damage however). His Paragon of Strength gives him a +5 bonus to strength but doesn't affect his strength damage rank, meaning he can apply it to Athletics, resisting movement, escaping grabs, and maintaining grabs (but not initial grab attempt). The Paragon of Strength ability also grants him +9 to his Strength for lifting/carrying capacities. I should also be of note that his Immunity to Lifesupport means that Archon is immune to most rigors, and can survive in adverse conditions without needing to make checks. It also means he is immune to disease and poison, meaning that he is pretty much immune to Joker Venom, which is a listed Liquid/Gas poison. Note that he does not have Diehard (because he has a rather high toughness save), nor does he have Great Endurance (since he is already outright immune to everything it covers save fatigue, and he is already fortitude shifted), though these are both common Paragon/Powerhouse advantages. I also kept away from getting Impervious, because I am aware that the GM (XeroKhan) doesn't really like Impervious, and I find most have a hard time with it. So, he has a really high toughness save, and is reaaaalllly hard to hurt.

:arrow: Background Notes: So, there are some things that happen in Archon's backstory that Archon is not really aware of. For one, it involves the machinations of Lex Luthor in world, as a response to what happens after the Fall of the League. Mainly, Lex stayed relatively neutral when the villains were killing heroes, mostly out of his enmity for Superman. He wanted to see the Justice League fall, and the Kryptonian beaten. So, he stayed out of the way, and merely helped to supply the Joker with the means of killing the Bat and getting the White House. From there, Joker merely kept LexCorp at arms length, and the ties between Luthor and Joker were maintained as rather laissez faire. Joker didn't really care too much about the people of the USJ, so Luthor stepped in, and made much much more in his various business ventures. Luthor took an interest in young Alexander (later John Doe), due to the rather unique cancer he had. He feigned altruisim and charity so he could get access to researching the boy's condition. As Joker began to show signs of political belligerence and designs on the world, Luthor knew that his position as the world's business leader would be threatened. Sure, he could make a great deal from the wars, but world wide chaos would be even worse then having the Justice League showboating with that alien in charge. So, he needed a way to make soldiers that could beat the Joker. He needed a cure to the Joker Venom, so he could render his private forces - and himself - permanently immune to the effects of Joker toxin. The child he found with cancer was the perfect subject from which to create the soldier. He used old Project Cadmus files and data, as well as samples of the child's own cancerous cells to create the serum, mixing some aspects of the alien's genetic structure, as well well as heavily irradiating it with kryptonite among other radiations to ensure a genetic merge. With the help of The Brain (he enjoyed the mental challenge), Luthor managed to create a serum that would ensure complete immunity to Joker Venom, as well as control over the growth of the cancerous cells. This meant that the subject would not only be immune to the toxin among other things, but would also likely be able to heal damaged tissue faster than normal. Luthor immediately administered it to the child while subjecting the child to Joker Venom. The child was unaffected by the toxin, and actually cured himself of cancer. Lauding it as a success, Luthor began to apply the serum to his own test subjects, but found that the serum had... unwanted side effects, and that the strain would only work perfectly on the original cell donor. The Brain eventually had Monsieur Mallah destroy what remained of the serum when Luthor refused to share the results of the tests with The Brain, and the only remaining fomula for the serum remain in the minds of The Brain and Lex Luthor.

When Alexander (young Archon) was involved in the crash, it was due to a band of Joker soldiers moving through from the USJ to the state of Alaska, moving through the Rockies to do so. In the crash, Alexander was actually prevented from the most of the damage, but the shock of his newly changing physiology coupled with the trauma of the fall from several stories of height down the mountain side put him in enough shock to go into a coma. Unfortunately, he was so badly injured that his heart rate barely registered a pulse. It was so faint, that to all appearances, he seemed dead, yet was just barely alive. When news of the crash reached Lex Luthor, Luthor had all evidence of Alexander ever existing destroyed, and had Alexander's "cadaver" removed from the morgue, and buried in the middle of the Canadian wilderness. This all happened within 24 hours of the crash, and John Doe would later wake up several hours after his premature burial, with new powers he knew nothing about.
Last edited by kenmadragon on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teafo
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Teafo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Got a build question for anyone that cares to jump in here. While building the Black Canary character, I have been looking at a lot of other peoples' builds whether they were Black Canary herself, or other sonic fighters (Siryn, Banshee, etc) and keep coming across the Flaw: Touch Range addition to the sonic powers. Is this something that should be added to make sure that everyone knows the character is emitting the blast? And essentially makes sure that they don't have the ability to 'throw their voice' to do burst damage elsewhere? Or is it more just something that is implied and I shouldn't bother with the whole thing?

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:29 am

I think they kind of see sound not traveling far and being accurate, but i personally think that a sound based power should have standard range and affect in the game.

Could use some feedback on the backstory i posted up for Castellan, let me know if it reads well or needs a rewrite.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:04 pm

As you have her right now, Black Canary packs quite a punch. Touch Range abilities are basically melee. Touch Range on an Area of Effect power means that the power's effect originates from you. So, normally a Cone Area Move Object X can have the tip of the cone placed anywhere within range of a normal Move Object of rank X, and then emanate in a cone to affect those in the cone. Giving the Move Object Touch Range forces the Cone to start from the character, and affect an adjacent square or vertice, and then spread out in the cone. Similarly for Blast. It should be of note that only the Blast and Move Object have a base range of Ranged, the rest are all Close/Touch. So, you should probably remove the Diminished Range from Forceful Voice and instead apply the Touch Range flaw, and on the Canary Chirp as well. Why? Because your sonics are from your voice, and that voice should start on you, not ten feet away from you.

A thought, Aerlwyn. Have you considered the fact that sonics may have an adverse affect on Castellan? Given the fact that you are blind, and thus reliant on auditory senses to maneuver, and your helmet amplifies your hearing abilities, it might make sense for Castellan to have a weakness to auditory attacks. Also, a question as to her backstory: Is Selene aware Nightwing is her dad? Is Nightwing aware?

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks for the tip will add that as a complication, not sure as thats a gm call as it might be a back story element he might want to play up in the campaign or not.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:03 pm

I have just read Castellan's bio and I have a couple of questions:

1) How did Castellan get to meet up with Lady Shiva and get Lady to train her?

2) How did she get her equipment and her Promethian Battle Armor?

Other than that, it looks good. Just imagine when Nightwing (if I let Thorp play) discovering his daughter.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:10 pm

1) If i understand the write up on Lady Shiva right you have to challenge her and either keep up with her in combat or best her to recieve training.

2) The equipment one could easily get from several mega corporations like Lex Corp or Wayne Industries. The armor could be a gift from her mother or grandfather through their connections but each of those two could lead to headaches for Castellan as what else did they have added as both have their own goals in the long run.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:07 pm

LexCorp may be a better bet. I doubt Lex Luthor would really want the Joker to conquer the world, and I figure he will work behind the scenes to ensure just that - even if that means he is on thesame side as Superman against Joker. It could be that LexCorp allowed Castellan to "acquire" the weapons and armor, in the hopes that Castellan would fight Joker with them. Wane Industries seems like it wouldn't be doing so well 15 years after Bruce Wayne's unexplainable death...

Anything on Archon? I know its an unconvential character, but hey, Joker ruling the United States with an iron joy buzzer is pretty unconventional...

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:24 pm

There is A LOT OF BACKGROUND for Archon. I will need to over it tomorrow. I will get back to you once I have finished the novel. :P

Common Terms I will use:

Teafo
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Teafo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:41 pm

@KenmaDragon: Yeah I figured that was the reason since all the attacks have to emanate from the character's vocal chords. It does make me wonder how a ventriloquist sonic user would work (something to play around with another time) with the ability to 'throw' their voice to make a sonic boom come from somewhere else (granted it's just an illusion of it coming from somewhere else, but I digress). Thanks for helping out with that one in any case, I'll be updating the build here in a minute to reflect the ranges, and still need to compile all my notes about her background from pre-USJ times and what she's been doing for the last 15 years (I'm probably going to just assume that she's stayed about the same age, otherwise we're going to have a geriatric team of crime fighters on our hands).

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Eh. I figure Nightwing woudl be about 20-21 or so when Bats dies, so he's in his mid thirties. Which is actually about when he's still in his prime, about to start to give. Dinah would likely have been in her mid to late twenties when Bats dies, so we can assume she's almost forty or in her early forties not great for a physical condition, but given how she's not hitting full caps without her powers, I guess the idea that she's not what she used to be, but still keeping up with her training regiment might make sense. So, you don't have to make her not age. Castellan is listed as, what, not much older than 18? Say she's been heroing for a year or more now, meaning she’s 19-20. Archon is at about that age as well, given how he was a toddler when Joker took over.

And yes, it is long for a background. I put a lot of effort into it. It would also help in understanding some of the inconcsitencies written if you read the Background Notes. Helps explain bits that Archon doesn't know about.

Teafo
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Teafo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Yeah I suppose that early 40s on someone that has been taking care of themselves isn't too far fetched.

Also, added the background to Black Canary, so should be about ready for final review.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:38 am

Alright, I just finished Archon's bio, and I keep thinking "Superman" for some reason. Also, thinking about the build, and comparing it to the story I have in mind, it feels a bit overpowered in the Powers Archon has despite being within points. No offense, Kenma, but I am just unsure about the build. The bio is great, do not get me wrong, but considering that some of the others have posted Black Canary, Nightwing, and a Daughter of Ravager, this feels far too overpowered.

Also, considering Black Canary, It feels that it fits just right.

Common Terms I will use:

Return to “M&M Game Room”