The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:35 pm

The paper slapped lightly against the window. On it were notes that indicated that the tunnel under the danger room was short, and that it had a specific energy signature (Omnicron 575, according to the notes) emanating from one end, "Alpha source: Unknown."
The notes continued that biological debris had been picked up, and that 'File 443' in the biology lab would be established for checking on said biological debris.
On the bottom of the paper was a strange symbol; it looked like a triangle with runes made of eyes wrapped around it. The symbol was no larger than a thumbprint, and looked like, despite the intricacy, it may have been made in haste.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:13 am

Jace Irdu

"Well.. as much fun as all this reading 575 443 omnicron alpha file stuff is.. How about we do what we came here for?" He placed a hand on Mel and gestured towards the door.
"OPEN..."
He backed up, throwing his arms wide in an extravagant display, accidentally exerting his "pull" on a lever as he stepped onto the strange 'pad', disappearing from sight only to reappear in the middle of the room below
"SESA...me?"

He doesn't know anything about the teleporter, but I'd like to spend a hero point to edit scene for this. :P

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:00 am

The teleporter is actually set for the infirmary, but for the sake of strangeness, I'll allow it.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:02 am

Gillian

"MEL, do you know what omnicron energy is? I'm not familiar with that one."

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:42 pm

"Omnicron energy is used for teleportation technology." Mel says, "However, not all teleporters use omnicron energy frequencies. For instance, the device that caused mr. Irdu to vanish harmonizes with Zetacron energy."

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:04 am

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Normal

"...'File 443'. At least we have something to cross-reference then. Hey Ja-...and this is why we can't have nice things."

Looking at Jace standing proudly, magnificent arm gesture and all, in the middle of the Danger Room, Adam snickered to himself as he looked over to Mel rather than do a repeat performance of the inexplicable attractor's teleportation trick.

"Mel, then it's safe to say that the chimera from before either was willingly, or more likely, was forcibly teleported into the Danger Room? I'd think the Headmaster would have had countermeasures for something like that..."

Stepping onto the teleporter, Adam looked around for the lever that Jace had pulled as he continued his musings.

"...unless Daedalus is specifically blocking certain frequencies only...I wonder if there are certain devices or tech that use omnicron commonly. Might be a trail to trace there. And that file...hm..."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 am

Gillian

"So, if forcibly teleported, what are we hoping to find down the hole?"
Gillian asks.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Jace Irdu

Jace turned slowly, taking in the entire room before looking at the hole.
Sauntering over, he gazed inside, simultaneously reaching out with his tactile senses to 'feel around', but prepared to yank himself away if something jumped out at him..

OK, 98% sure nothing's gonna pop out, but just in case, he's prepared to pull himself away if danger appears (probably straight at the ceiling, clinging to it like a scared cat. :P )

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Mel makes some odd clicking noises, then does an approximation of a nod, then a head-shake. "I cannot say with certainty what happened, but the suggestion bears merit."
He then turns to Gillian, "I must admit, I am unsure. Whatever was here has likely been cataloged as evidence."

Within, Jace reaches out with his senses, and finds the hole largely empty.

Although you could make me a 'search' roll...

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:04 am

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Within the hole, just along the inside edge, is a single, thumb-sized scale from the beast. Beyond that, the hole is empty.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:32 am

The next day...

One of the two physics labs in the Labyrinth hosts Dr. Ivan Petrov at the moment. He looks like the almost stereotypical 'absent-minded professor', down to the white lab coat and glasses that he often forgets are perched on his forehead.
The room itself is much like the other classrooms, with tables situated to face the front. The main difference is the high-tech equipment at each table; mostly monitoring devices and modular components that other pieces of equipment can be 'plugged in' to.
As the students arrive in the afternoon, Petrov is busily working on a complex equation on the whiteboard.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Gillian Deckers

Gillian was relieved that they didn't go down into the hole. An unsanctioned field trip into potential lava-ladened tunnels was bad for her on so many levels. She arrives at class a bit more chipper.

Gillian takes her seat, back straight. She takes out a notebook and prepares to take notes. Assuming it's relevant to the lesson, she starts copying down the formula on the board.

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Ugh...Physics...

"On your left, Gilly!"

Slipping behind the seated Gillian, Adam accidentally bumped the cryokinetic girl on his way to his seat as he placed a haphazard pile of books ranging with titles ranging from Mythology and You: Exploring Ancient Greece to My Little Chimera: A Children's Story.

...looks like someone was researching.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Gillian

Gillian makes an annoyed sound but helps him restack his books.

"My Little..." she looks at him skeptically "Really?"

Return to “M&M Game Room”