The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby jemal » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:17 am

Jace Irdu
Jace walks up to the control room "I should be able to... yeah, there we go." He fiddles around near the lock for a second before opening the door. "Now, lets see what we've got in here.. Uh.. anybody know how to work this place?"

Skill mastery: Bluff = 20 to make it look like he 'picked the lock'. :p

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:00 am

Jace 'opens' the control room door. Within is some of the most bleeding-edge computer equipment one could imagine, set to create countless practice scenarios. There's also a big red emergency shutdown button, a communications array for hands-free contact to anywhere else in the school, a mini-fridge, three chairs, and what looks (to those who may've seen one before) like a teleportation pad large enough for four people.
The entire south wall is a window to monitor the danger room. Various read-outs are projected onto it, all currently at 'inactive' levels, as the danger room itself is not being used.
Through the window, one can see the room, stark, empty, and with a sizable hole still in the floor.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Alice Mindsdotter
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine


Alice slipped past Jace and entered the Danger Room's Control room. Despite looking at the various buttons, levers, and switches, Alice could not think of what to hit to open the door without turning on the Danger Room on accident. "Hey, Mel, maybe your computer mind can figure out what button it is to open the Danger Room doors? Obviously, if we broke the glass to enter the Danger Room, there would be even further investigations from the faculty."
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Gillian bristles at the mentioning of breaking the glass. She does not, otherwise, comment.

griever
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby griever » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Died and gone to tech heaven

"...oh you didn't...this...I need a moment."

Pausing for a bit while he took in the sight of the Danger Room's control system, Adam bit his lip as he tried to fight back the tears. Sniffling quietly, he cast his glance across the systems to try and understand as much as he could as possible. After all, it wasn't every day that you got access to a beyond state-of-the-art computer control system capable of handling an enclosure with the ability to generate real holographic projections.

"...I seriously need to talk to the Headmaster some day."

Dice Roller wrote:Not quite sure which to roll, so I'll roll both of them! :D

Trying to get a feel for what type of computer system this is, how to control it, and what its capabilities are.

Computers (1d20+8=14)
Knowledge (Technology) (1d20+8=10)

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:16 am

Gillian

"...I seriously need to talk to the Headmaster some day."


"You're in luck." Gillian says glumly. "We'll likely be sent to his office soon."

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby jemal » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:32 am

Jace's breath caught slightly as Alice brushes slightly against him while she squeezes past. Stepping aside so nobody else touches him, he watches her with a strange look for a moment as she looks over the control console, then shakes his head, and turns to the others "Have some faith, Jill, how's he gonna know unless someone triggers an alarm or tells him?"
He walks over and opens the mini-fridge, a couple drinks flying out of it and into his hands. "Relax and try to enjoy being a bad girl for once." he grins, tossing a can to her.

Soda or booze at the Gm's discretion, not sure which the fridge would have, but I figured you wouldn't point it out if we weren't meant to raid it. :)

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 am

The fridge contains several fridge-packs of soda, as well as a sectioned-off area clearly marked with minor first-aid and medical equipment that needs to be kept cool. (Cold packs, pain-killer injections, etc.). There's also half of a sub sandwich wrapped in plastic wrap.

Adam takes a long look at the computer systems, but other than 'bleeding tech,' he remains pretty baffled over much of it.
Sorry, your rolls weren't real good...


Mel rolls into the room and lends a hand, however, and soon enough Adam is able to figure out the right set of commands to open the door without setting off any of the sensors or alarms.

griever
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby griever » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Tappa

"Much obliged, Mel...now how about seeing if we can get some lights on in this place?"

Hitting away at the controls, Adam tried to fiddle with the settings to see if they might illuminate the interior of the Danger Room.

Out of Character wrote:How do we want to go? I'm thinking we light up the place and then investigate? Or maybe we want to jump down the rabbit hole?

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby jemal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:38 am

Jace grabbed a couple of the pain-killers just in case, then leaned against the wall and took a long sip while the others worked, smiling infectiously at the ladies.

Not too much to contribute IC at the moment so just waiting on the geeks to do their thing. :P
OOC, My suggestion for the 'investigate or jump in' is thus: "First one, Then the other."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 am

Gillian looks as if even suggesting a course of action would make her accessory to something akin to murder. She stays quiet on how the group should proceed.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:01 am

A plate in Mel's chest opens up, and an odd-looking three-tined crystalline rod sticks out. A slight green glow surrounds it, and an odd humming noise comes from both Mel and the computer. After a moment or two, the lights in the danger room come on.
The room is empty, save for the hole in the center. Now with the lights on, it's apparent there's been some investigation around the hole; various bits of debris have been moved, and, from a distance, it looks like someone may've been writing notes on the floor next to the hole in black ink. What those notes might say is hard to tell from this far away.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:09 am

Given that Alice proposed this idea in the first place, might make sense, story wise, for her to take lead, Xero?

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:54 am

Alice Mindsdotter
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine


OOC: Sure, it seems fair enough.


Seeing the papers strewn on the floor in the distance, Alice used her telekinetic abilities to move the pages towards the window to see what was written. "Maybe we can get some kind of a clue of what's down that hole from these pages." Alice said to the others before reading them.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Gillian

Okay, reading papers, she could go with reading papers. That was less... expell-worthy.

Gillian read as well.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 1 guest