The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
griever
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby griever » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Great!

"What? ...some people think mythology is awesome. And little caricatures are more awesome."

Stating his defense in an incredibly matter-of-fact tone of voice, Adam still took a moment to mutter 'thanks' after she helped with his books before leaning back into his chair with a broad smile.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Blinking as if not realizing that students had entered the room, the professor started as he turned. "Oh, good morning class! Good morning... This is...Physics..."
Tempering his confusion for a moment, he looked at a clipboard on his desk, then at the clock on the wall. Squinting, he then began looking around, apparently for the glasses on the top of his head.

"We will be studying the very building blocks of the universe during this class, as well as..."

He again seemed distracted by trying to find his eye wear.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Gillian.

"They're on your head, Professor." the ever-helpful student says.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:31 am

"Oh! Thank you, child!" The professor said, re-acquainting his glasses.

"Now, I know not all of you have the same background in physics. So, at the end of today's class, I'm going to pass out a short test-"

Groaning can be heard from the back of the room. The professor seems either unaware or uninterested in it.

"-But for the first half of the class, I'll give you a little once-over of the facility we have here. It's really rather impressive!"

From the seat behind Adam, Jeffrey mocks some snoring noises. Next to him, Britney gives a withering look.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Alice Mindsdotter
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine


Alice sat there, her head resting on her propped-up arm. Physics class was too easy for her, and she wanted more of a challenge; however, class was class, and she had to participate. She had not noticed what anybody said until the professor then said about a pop quiz and a brief look-around of the classroom. Giving a bored sigh, Alice rested her arm on the desk in front of her and placed her forehead on her forearm, signifying her boredom.

"Anybody have that feeling that today's class will feel like it will take FOREVER?" Alice thought to her friends and "ally".
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby jemal » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:39 am

Jace Irdu
Nodding to Alice's unspoken (haha) question, Jace leaned on one hand, gazing around the room. Half-listening to the professor, he focused his gaze on Gillian, and gently used his power to 'tug' at her pencil, causing it to roll off the desk. Grinning slightly, he looked over to Alice and did the same to hers. Might as well get some practice in..

Skill mastery bluff = 20 to feign innocence if anyone notices. :P

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:00 am

Gillian

Gillian frowns at the pencil's fall and looks around.



She stares at Jace's too-innocent smile. His powers made it so she couldn't assume malicious intent on his part, just a playful prank, but that didn't preclude her from glancing daggers at the boy. Her dark eyes flash with the warning of the slow tundral ferocity responsible for the lingering deaths of those caught in an avalanche.

She reaches down and coolly pics up the pencil.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Professor Petrov seemed unaware of the hijinks going on as he began to point out various pieces of equipment in the lab.

"Over here we have a multiphasic scanner. The new one we just got in has an extended field range, anywhere from second-reduction alpha all the way past omnicron frequencies, albeit just barely." There was a joke somewhere in there, as the professor chuckled, but whatever it was would likely take some very advanced degrees.

"Of course, we also have the field generators over here. Once you split up into lab partners, you'll be assigned one, and-"

He continued to talk...
But you all might want to make DC 15 notice checks. If you make it, you'll hear a very high-pitched, but very quiet, warbling whine coming from the scanner you just passed.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Gillian



Omnicron? Wasn't that the teleportation energy used with the chimera? Gillian muses as she takes a second look at the scanner.

"Uh, Professor,... should the scanner be making that warbling sound?"

and Does infravision show anything different?

griever
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby griever » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:00 am

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Activating dog ears...

Dice Roller wrote:Notice: 1d20+8=23


"Doubt it. Typically when something's whining and whistling like that it's either about to explode in some radical display of fire and mayhem...or it's a dog that really, REALLY has to go."

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 am

Petrov chuckled at the joke and nodded, "Let me just see what's going on here."

As he crossed the room to the whining device, the noise grew sharply louder, and began to pulse. Quickly, the pulse seemed to become words.

"Zakros mechuniam RAKTOR!"

Then all was a dizzying white light, then green, then white, then blackness...

When the light came up again, the scene was quite different. Several members of the class
The PC's, Brittney, and Mel
found themselves atop a grassy hill. The peacefulness of the scene, however, was broken by the fact that all around were the signs of war. Huge scorched holes in the ground likely came from explosives, and the torn-up ruins only a few hundred yards away looked like a small european village. Smoke drifted lazily from the smashed buildings.

"...You made it. Good."

The man speaking looked much -like- Doctor Petrov, but is definitely not him. For one thing, he seemed a few years older. For another, he was wearing a long black cloak over what appears to be... Army fatigues?
Of course, it was hard to tell exactly. He was covered in blood and looked as though he'd been shot a few times. After gaining everyone's attention, he coughed and fell to one knee.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:05 am

Alice Mindsdotter
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine


Alice had been thinking thoroughly about the previous night when she was teleported along with the others. This made her realize what had just happened, and she was surprised by the change of scenery. Alice was definitely awe-stricken, and did not say anything until the older "Dr. Petrov" came up to the group and fell unto his knee. Quickly, Alice scanned the area for other mental signatures than the groups and "Dr. Petrov".

OOC: Okay, first off, I am going to auto-fail on the whining due to the post being after the notice check. Now, because I have Mental Awareness, I am going to use a Notice Roll: 1d20+8=21;

A 21 total, not bad.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

griever
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby griever » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition What the actual what...

"Holy shi-"

Before Adam could finish his little quip, he suddenly found himself disoriented, dizzied, and absolutely lost. Looking all around him, he tried to get a grip on his bearings...and more importantly, on reality. Surprised by Doctor Petrov (with new and improved Army action!) Adam quickly dropped to the ground as well as he tried to help the man up.

"Professor! What...the what? What in the world are we doin-er...scratch that...WHERE in the world are we?"

Dice Rolls wrote:Examining Doctor Petrov for anything strange or unusual about him...besides the new wardrobe
Notice: 1d20+8=26

Searching Doctor Petrov at the same time for any hidden weapons, blatant weapons, or any traces of how we were suddenly transported to a grassy knoll
Search: 1d20+7=27

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Did I read that he looked like he needs medical help?


Gillian rushes forward. "Are you.... you've been shot!" she says to the future-professor.

"Does anyone know anything about medicine?" she says as Adam seems to be patting the man down while trying to get him on his feet.

"No, let him lie down, Adam."

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby jemal » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Jace Irdu
HP 2
Condition: Hunkered down, very nervous

"So Whatever sent that Manticore to attack you guys yesterday just either pulled us into another dimension or timeline where either a future version of Doc P or an Alternate version of Doc P is engaged in a war and has summoned us to help save the world." Jace looked around at the strange glances "What? You have a better explanation?"

That's when he notices the doctor's wounds and the man falls down.

"Are those Bullets?" He looks around warily, dropping to one knee beside Petrov, reaching towards the wounds, but stops himself short of touching. "Really, nobody knows first aid? MEL, any medicine in your robo-brain?" HE looks down to the man "Come on, Doc, stay with us. I've had worse bullet wounds than that, you're not gonna let something like that keep you down are you?"

Using enhanced blindsight to try and feel if the bullets are still inside him
Notice (1d20+10=16)

Also Activating Hunker Down, anchoring myself to the ground: Immovable 10 & Immunity to Crits.. just in case his attackers are still around


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests