The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby jemal » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:22 am

Jace Irdu

Jace raised an eyebrow at Gill. She was a fine piece of eye candy, but she was turning out to be a bit of a tight-ass.. the Goth chick was growing on him though.
"Ladies, ladies, why don't we wait til we talk to Mel and then vote on it if he's in? Mel is a he, right? And then if everybody votes to go, Anybody who's too scared can just back off and pretend they didn't know."

I'm guessing/hoping/assuming that everybody's in on the tele-conversation? Or is it just Alice to/from anyone and we can't overhear each other?
Also Mel's the robot right?

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Adam Park
HP 6
Condition ...seriously?

Adam turned slowly in his seat as he looked over at Gillian with an incredulous expression.

"...seriously, Gilly? 'Permanent Record' is the best threat you could come up with?"

Snickering, the young man tried to hold back his laughter as he covered his mouth, obviously laughing behind his feeble attempt at hiding his reaction.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Lance Manning narrowed his eyes, "Is there something amiss I should know about?"
His eyes seemed to focus on Alice, "It's considered disruptive to pass notes in class. No matter how you do it."

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition You can believe me...really!

Hiding his face behind his textbook, Adam rolled his eyes at Manning's typical teacher behavior. Placing the heavy book flat on his desk, he composed himself before giving Lance the brightest of smiles.

"Professor Manning, we were simply engrossed in a rousing continuation of the topic from before: telepathic potential in criminology. I personally apologize for all of us and will assure you that for the duration of this class, you will have our utmost, undivided attention."

Dice Roller wrote:Bluff Check (1d20+7=12)

Blowing a Hero Point for a reroll...
Bluff Check (Reroll) (1d20+7=26)

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Adam's reasoning appeared to have mollified the teacher for the moment. He nodded, "All right. Class is just about over, so make sure you've all read chapter one in the text by next session, and have a chat about what 'project' you want to follow. Beyond that, take off; the day's too short to sit in here."

The next class is Physics, in which Dr. Petrov makes some very corny (yet still amusing) jokes about putting a time dilatation device in the school so that classes seem to go on forever. Some light reading is assigned, and there will be a lab when next the class meets.

After this, the students' time is their own...

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:00 pm

That evening, the hall to the danger room was empty. Most students were either settling in, getting homework done, or watching / participating in a pick-up basketball game in the 'back yard' of the school.

The investigative heroes, including Mel Soul, didn't see anyone around the entrance to either the control room or the danger room. They did know, however, that there were monitoring devices within the danger room, and that the control room appeared locked...

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Alseid Druj Nekomata Djinn

Alseid kept her sense tuned for anything.

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Quietly humming the Mission Impossible theme song

"So...if this were a cliche horror movie, the prettiest girl would probably be first to go, right?"

Looking back to the girls, Adam gave a mischievous smile as he laughed in the darkness of the corridor leading to the danger room. Casting a glance around as he chortled, he kept a wary eye on their surroundings, lest there be some cameras they might have missed from before.

Dice Roller wrote:Notice Check: 1d20+8=20

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Gillian Deckers.

"That would be you then, right?" she shoots back at Adam, sourly.

This whole thing wasn't right or proper. They were supposed to just gather information, instead she was somehow cajoled into descending into the Magma-strewn bowels of the earth to chase down the origins of a dangerous creature. She just knew this would go on her Permanent Record.

[Who all is here?]

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:22 am

Jace Irdu

Shaking his head, Jace stepped forward "Actually, it's usually the Alpha Male, so I guess I just got promoted." Grinning, he headed down the hall without looking back.

Reaching out with his senses, he tried to see if anything felt off.. hollow spots, etc.

remember my blindsight (enhanced tactile)

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 am

Alice Mindsdotter
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine

Alice may have arrived later than the others, but she was there none-the-less. As to be safe, she extended her mind to see if there were anybody else with them...

Notice Roll for Mental Awareness: 1d20+8=26;
Okay, with that roll, if there is ANYBODY else with us that we do not know about, I should most likely notice them.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition Feels pretty. Oh so pretty~

"Why, yes, Gilly. And I will be the prettiest girl at prom."

Laughing off Gillian's retort, Adam seemed unable to grasp the seriousness of the situation. By his behavior, he was here for a field trip rather than a covert espionage mission.

"Nah, Jace. It's always the hot chick in her underwear that goes first. THEN they kill the jock. You're good for a few more scenes."

Giving the boy a wink to go with the joke, Adam kept moving forward, blissfully ignoring what dangers might lie ahead.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Gillian Deckers

"Adam, you do understand this action risks expulsion, right? This is dangerous and, well, dumb." Gillian admonishes.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Mel paused at Gillian's observation. "I do not know a specific school rule about investigation of chimerae... Although perhaps you mean rules about specific danger-room access? Those might come into play..."

His head swivelled a little towards her, "I apologize if I am not understanding your meaning readily. I realize humans are more adept at conversational leaps than I am."

The various senses told a similar story: There was no one else present in the area. Jace's enhanced tactile senses could tell that the standard security lock to the danger room proper was in-place, but that the control room door was not secured.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Gillian

"Headmaster Deadalus told us to let faculty handle this, Mel. He'd be in his rights to... oh, never mind."
She gives in exasperated.

"Can someone get us through that lock without destroying it?"

Return to “M&M Game Room”