The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Labyrinth: School for Metas [IC]

Postby Crazyivan777 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 am

@Alice: You sense distant mental activity from the burned-out village, but nothing closer to you than the 'professor' currently. The professor, however, has significant mental shielding.

@Adam: No weaponry, but you do notice that the fatigues have the name 'Smith' on the breast, and seem to be World War 2 era. The professor looks much as you saw him before, just a touch older.

@Gillian: Looks to be so, yeah.

@Jace: The bullets are not lodged in him.

Mel quickly 'treads' up and begins looking over the professor. "He is hurt, and may be in shock, but I believe I can stabilize him."

The 'professor' coughs and nods, "Thank you, whomever you are. I ...do not go under the guise of a professor, although I once knew a young woman who called me that from time to time. No, I am known by many as The Visitor."

Knowledge of history roll TN 10: The Visitor was a magic hero active in the 1930's-1940's. He vanished from the public eye some time in 1945.

"I apologize for bringing such young people here. War isn't for you. I simply reached for reinforcements. I can send you back once I'm back on my feet...shouldn't be long."

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition ...

Adam grew rather quiet after he had verified that the "Professor" was alright and well. Stepping back, he let the others speak their parts all while watching the situation deep in thought. It couldn't be...right? Granted, he had just enrolled in a school with a mythological creature as a tenured member of the faculty...but something like this?

'Testing...testing...one, two, three. Is this thing on? Alice sleeps with a stuffed bunny rabbit. Jace rocks some 'My Little Pony' briefs. Gilly has a 'B+' in Ethics. I am currently going commando.'

Rattling off inane tidbits of information and leaving the reality of the situation to everyone's imaginations, Adam attempted to think his thoughts into everyone else's heads in the hopes of making sure the mental connection Alice had set up before was still active. If what he was suspecting was true, then speaking about it openly in front of the "Professor" was the last thing he wanted to do.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Jace looks at Adam and thinks back "The hell you doing lookin at my briefs? Look man, I tried to warn you about my power, now you're crushin.. sorry but I'm into the ladies."

He looked at the Visitor "Visitor? Like the hero from the Depression and WW2? Didn't you disappear right around the time the war ended? Why do you look so much like the professor of the class you just pulled us out from? And what's up with the Manticore and omnicron radiation? And what makes you think I'm going back? Isn't it obvious we're here for a reason?"

know: History untrained (1d20+1=12) Can get up to DC 15 without training.
Also in case it matters, Jace is within 5' of him, so DC 18 will save vs emotional attraction. Might improve his willingness to share (Though If I were to Metagame, I'd guess that's probably gonna happen anyways, given the circumstance. :P However, it's permanent and the primary shtick of my character, so it behooves me to point it out.
will (1d20+12=20) Jace is not affected.

PS, odds this is an elaborate simulation by the teachers: 12%

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:59 am

The Visitor remains as still as he can during Mel's medical ministrations, but turns an eye towards Jace.

"Oh...My boy. My dear, dear boy. The fact that you're speaking English gives me hope for the future, but understand that the war isn't over. Not by half. Apparently my call for reinforcements grabbed you from your own time, years beyond this one. I...Don't really know anything about...Omnicron? Radiation. I battled a Manticore some years ago, but I suspect that may not be what you're talking about.

"As to why you're here...I was looking for reinforcements. The...Team I was with was captured. I alone escaped, and cast the summoning in order..."

The older man paused, and shook his head, "I would not have chosen children. Not if I had the option. I am sorry. If any of you wish to leave, I will send you back from whence you came once I have rested a bit."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Gillian

"It was a Chimera, Jace." Gillian asks.

"And sending us back would be sensible, Prof... Mr. Visitor. We had a pop quiz at end of class." Gillian says.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 am

flynnarrel wrote:"It was a Chimera, Jace." Gillian asks.

"What's the dif?" Jace shrugs at her.

"And sending us back would be sensible, Prof... Mr. Visitor. We had a pop quiz at end of class." Gillian says.

"What? An ancient hero casts a spell that's supposed to seek out heroes to help, and the universe ends up sending US back through time to save the world, and your worried about a POP QUIZ that won't happen for over half a century in a timeline that probably Won't Exist if he looses?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Gillian

"It's likely to affect our grade." She says as if that is explanation enough. Her tone suggests she's talking to a mental challenged person.

"Besides, can you honestly say that after less than a week <or however long> in school you are sufficiently trained with your pencil-dropping powers to make a difference in a war?"

"Don't get me wrong, any of you. I want to help save lives, too, and make the world a better place. And if we were the ONLY option for that I would do my darndest to be helpful, But if Visitor can send us back and get people that can be of more use, he should do that. Our value of Youth is in our potential, not our abilities as they are now. Dying in a war is a waste of that potential, and being too cocky to realize that is exactly why you shouldn't be here."
She says to the other youth, but includes both boys in her field of vision.

She turns to The wizard hero. "However, if you are down on 'mana' or whatever and the choice is send us back and have no one, I suggest you tell us what needs doing and we shall help as we can."

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:05 pm

The Visitor chuckles a little, then coughs, and raises himself upright again, "Manna is a... It's not the concept I would use. I do not know what sorceries are taught in your time period, but if manna has been re-ensconed, I.... But I digress. Yes. Sending you back would, at least for another day or so, leave me unable to use my powers beyond shielding myself from the Nazis.

"My companions and myself were sent here in order to reconnoiter and find out what we could about the enemy base abutting the hill over there, and what 'Project: Destroyer', being worked on there, is."

The older man points to a group of hills perhaps three miles away, with a river looping around them and heading off to the west.

"The base itself is on the other side, but when we got here, we saw the damage done to the village, and...well...one of my companions decided it would be best to see if we could help the wounded. I didn't disagree. On the way there, however, we were ambushed by men much more...potent than I had expected. I managed to escape, but sergeant Griffin and...Private Griffin...were taken prisoner."

History again, TN 15. Sergeant Griffin and Private Griffin were the civilian names of the World War 2 heroes 'Tank' and 'Gunner'. The first's power-set was to become living metal. The second could absorb metal and fire it out at high speeds. The two were brothers. TN 20+ to learn more about the pair.

"I was on my way to the village to try to hole up, when I realized how much blood I was losing, so...I summoned."

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:28 am

Gillian

The Freshman frowned. "Ah. We would be ill-pressed to have your colleagues wait a few extra days." she says reluctantly.

"Looks like we go to War." Gillian says as her flesh and hair transforms, all color draining and fading to a pale, glacial blue.

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Thu May 01, 2014 10:02 am

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition

Relaying his knowledge on the two men to the others through their mental channel, Adam crossed his arms over his chest as he smirked at Gillian's attitude shift.

"Look at you, all raring to go. If I didn't already know the stakes, I'd say there was extra credit on the line or something."

'And as far as the whole 'dying' thing goes? Worst case scenario, a bunch of kids who had yet to grow into themselves lose their lives in an attempt to keep history from going awry...not too terrible in the whole scheme of things.'

Out of Character wrote:Knowledge History roll to remember details about this particular part of the war? Just so that we know if there's a script or something to follow...

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 am

Gillian

Actually, the prospect of our deaths is quite terrible and would be such a tremendous waste. But it seems like we're the only ones available so, no use delaying or whining about it.

Gillian communicates seriously but pauses, and smirks.

Although, I really only refer to MY death. As you feel your life would be best spent on this endeavor, your preference is noted.

griever
Henchman
Henchman

Postby griever » Thu May 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Adam Park
HP 5
Condition ...whaaaaa~???

'...holy crap...did Gilly just crack a joke? This isn't the past. It's an alternate reality!'

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:54 am

A summary and a continuation thread is here: http://roninarmy.com/threads/141-The-La ... 8#post1618

Return to “M&M Game Room”