Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby jemal » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:03 am

Jemal

"Intriguing. It almost reminds me of.. but no, it couldn't be.."
Jemal shrugs and thanks Gus, then motions for Ethan to follow him into the park
"It doesn't appear overly dangerous, though obviously something either magical or electrical is going on with it, to disrupt the camera so. Anything interesting on the paper?"

So, DOES Jemal know anything about our tall friend?
Well Informed (1d20+12=17)
Knowledge (1d20=7).
Figured I'd roll a knowledge check too, just in case any of my knowledges apply.. total is 12 for most, 13 if History applies.
Either way, I'm guessing not much info with such bad rolls.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 pm

kenmadragon wrote:OOC wrote:
You picked the one person who hasn't played Slenderman to chase after him...Wow, we are so dead.

OOC: Don't just jump to conclusions. You may even be surprised... Wow, poor choice of words. :lol:

Halcyon and Aberrant

OOC: I just need a decision from both of you.

Ace

OOC: Sorry for the wait. HP for the wait I put you through.

After being hit by Ace and being held by the collar, the paragon replied with a smirk, "Heh, I am just the person to find combat too entertaining to pass up; but, after finishing up my job, I must leave for my pay." And with that, the "muscle freak" kicked Ace under his chin and flew off.

He just hit you to escape the grapple, so a Toughness DC 27. Then, you may begin any investigations that you want.

Ethan and Jemal

After looking at this creature, he has no idea what it could be. Sure, he has been everywhere in his past, but he has never heard of anything along these lines.

That was when Ethan and Jemal both hear gun shots coming from the park. The suddenness of the gun shots made the teens jump in their place. Putting two-and-two together, you recognize that the gun shots might have come from the cops that have entered before Jemal and Ethan. Now, they have to find a couple of lost (and possibly wounded) cops as well as a lost civilian...

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Blackstone

"Well, damnit!" Blackstone swore when he heard the gun shots. He glanced at the vampire, wondering what his reaction was, before gripping his staff tight and heading straight into the woods. Trying to remember where the gun shots had come from, he brushed past bush and branch to get to the origin of the gun shots. The monster would be there, and - hopefully - the cops hadn't been killed just yet. Hopefully.

OOC wrote:What roll needed to head into the woods and find the cops? Perception, or Investigation?

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:20 pm

OOC: Perception to find your way, and Investigation for pinpointing where the shots came from. Also, the Perception is currently at a -2 due to the fog rolling in. It will get thicker later on... :twisted:

Common Terms I will use:

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Postby deathsap » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 am

Ace
Ace rolls with the punch and as he turns his head to punch him back the muscle man seems to fly off Ace tries to see if he can locate the directing he flew, and then he go's back to check on Mr Blaze.
Toughness save DC 27 1d20+12=31
Perception 3 (Awe +0) = 3 1d20+3=13 (to find the direction he flew away.

:arrow: I'm gonna shot gun afew questions for a few things, Also Is spam still around? If So I will thank his character and talk more to him, if not I'll pass over it all.

Ace: Mr Blaze are you Alright!?
Do you think those strange fellows are something to do with the missing equipment you were talking about?
I'll look into it Mr Blaze.

After Checking on Mr Blaze Ace then heads over to the security office to talk to "steamshovel"
Given His Hand do I have any idea who might have made it or who this guy is? Well-informed Persuasion 9 (Pre +11) = 20 1d20+20=28

Ace: Hey what was the Prototype you were looking for?
Why don't you tell me where you got your nice hand from and who your working for? They just left you here to deal with the music ya know?
Who was that Muscle guy? He didn't try to hard to save you, he seemed like he just wanted to beat me to the ground.
How many of you guys are there?
What are you guys trying to do?

Persuasion 9 (Pre +11) = 20 1d20+20=40
I forgot how stupidly presence focused this character is :P
Good Luck!

Lost_Scholar
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Lost_Scholar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:41 pm

OOC: sorry, have been under pressure with exams at school

Halcyon
HP:1 LP:5
Outside the Missing Piece

"Alright, let's try going in from the top, and see if we can't track down Junk Iron. Hopefully they'll have a proper roof access, so we wont have to bust in any skylights." Jimmy scoffed at the notion of the last image, considering they were going for "stealth".

"So, shall we be going? Just whatever you do, don't drop me."

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:25 pm

ABERRANT
HP: 1
Cond.: Healthy
Loc.: The Missing Piece

A nod followed Halcyon decision to join him via the roof. Aberrant then hooked his fingers under his hoodie and pealed the article of clothing off. Underneath was a bizarre chimera of rhino hide and reptilian scales atop muscle as solid as cords of steel cable. When he moved, it was like snakes crawling under his skin. The skin on his back began to push outwards, two mounds forming near his shoulder blades. The mounds grew, stretching the skin until it ripped. No blood came out, instead a pair of large bat-like wings sprung forth. Arching out over him the stretched, as if relishing their freedom.

After giving Halcyon a moment he extended an arm to wrap around the man, then jumped into the air. The downward flap of his wings kept them from coming back down, and lifted them higher, higher, and higher. Aberrant didn't take a direct course. Rather he swooped and spiraled, making use of shadows and obstructing urban features before finally coming down on the club's roof.

He has Hide in Plain Sight and Skill Mastery for Stealth. Taking 10, the result is 25.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Blackstone
Perception: 1d20+9-2 = 20
[urlhttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4245959/]Investigation: 1d20+13 = 24[/url]

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:36 am

Jemal

Jemal turned, his exceptional hearing searching for the noise. By the time Ethan had turned to look at him, he was standing at the edge of the park, trying to pinpoint the gunshot.

"Time's up, the officers are in danger. Take my hand I can travel quickly."

Perception, Investigation (1d20+10=23, 1d20+12=14)
Do any of my enhanced senses help with this?
-Enhanced Vision: Darkvision, Extended, Rapid
-Enhanced Hearing: Accurate, Extended, Rapid, Ultrahearing
-Enhanced Olfactory: Tracking&Analytical(Limited: Blood), Ranged, Acute, Extended

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I hate my procrastinating habits. Everyone gets an extra HP.

Ace

"Yes, I am alright." Mr. Blaze replied to Ace. "Possibly so. As for you, here is a key card for the restricted experiments floor that I was about to give you before interruption."
It was then that Mr. Blaze gave Ace a key-card with a different design than the usual Blaze Corp key-card.

Later...

Once placed into a suitable interrogation room, "Steam shovel" sat there, looking at the questioning Ace across from him. "Heh, an experimental cybernetic eye system. From a copy of a stolen file on the system, it is like a prosthetic leg: the damaged original is removed and is replaced by a working duplicate.

This arm here is a creation of Dr. Clement's.

The muscle man you met was a mercenary who calls himself "Mr. Malicious". He could care less for me, just as long as he got paid properly. That, and to punch in faces when given a proper opponent.

As for my numbers, there are many of us. Just figure who's who.

As for who I am working for, I will not say anymore on that, or on the plan. The boss would kill me if I were to do so. My opinion, better here than The Missing Piece- oh, s#!t."

Aberrant and Halcyon

The two have made it to the roof undetected for the moment. The roof was of a typical set-up: the AC unit was placed there along with many connecting vents, and an entrance for you to enter in. You notice that there is pounding music coming from underneath you both, letting you know that the Missing Piece was open that night. However, the music was even drowned out to the two heroes by the clap of thunder in the distance. It was then that rain began falling upon them.

Ethan and Jemal

The two have pin-pointed the location where the officers are. The park was abandoned save for the two cops on the ground with pools of blood growing from where they lay. The bodies were undamaged, but the blood seemed to drizzle from their mouths as a look of fear was still present on their faces. In front of the two corpses was an open chain link gate with a "Keep Out" sign hanging off of it. A sudden clap of thunder echoed through the air, and rain began to fall upon the mage and vampire. It was then that the two knew they were entering some sick idea for a Class-B Horror film.

Common Terms I will use:

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Blackstone
HP: 3 Condition: Cliched horror scenario... with a vampire tagging along... Can this get any worse?

Ethan grimaced at the sight of the bodies. Despite how much time he had spent in morgues and cemeteries for the 'ickier' parts of his work, dead bodies still upset him a bit. They were just... wrong. Something about the purity of life and all it stood for, and death claimed it. It was natural, sure, but he still had trouble dealing with it. He glanced up at the fence, and then the sky as thunder rumbled and the rain began to fall.

"Typical horror movie scene... good thing I brought the hat..." he grumbled to himself. He kneelled down by the bodies, and shot Jemal a glance. "Doubt a vampire was helping find the monster in any of 'em..." He turned back to the bodies, trying to take their measure. Something in the back of his mind was still working past the revulsion. He put it to use, trying to piece things together as he extended his mystical senses over it, trying both the mundane and supernatural angles to determine what had just happened. He would have to act quickly. The rain would soon pool, and the magical energies in the area would be somewhat grounded out. If he wasn't quick enough, the monster would kill again.

"Look for a way in." he said to the strange vampire Jemal as he inspected the bodies. "The creature that did this is prolly in there..."

ooc wrote:So, inspecting the bodies. Usual for this is sort of situation would be Investigation or Treatment, but I'm not sure which is more appropriate here, so I rolled both: Investigation: 18, Treatment: 24 (man, I rolled crap on Investigation, and it's my better skill... IC's sense of humor at it's finest folks). Also, I'm gonna use my Magic Senses to see if anything supernatural weird is about the bodies or anything, residual traces of magic or magical energy or presence or whatever. Rolling Expertise in conjuction with the senses: Exp Magic: 27.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:25 am

Jemal
HP: 2

Jemal knew even before they entered the clearing that the cops were dead. The smell of death was far too easy to home in on. As they entered, he stood over the bodies with an unreadable expression on his face.. perhaps resigned anger, perhaps resolve...
"I can't say I really enjoy horror movies, but I was a great fan of Forever Knight and Angel." shaking his head slightly before looking up to the fence, he walked over, put out one hand and shoved the gate open - not overly impressive, but efficient. "The way is clear, I presume you'll be comfortable with me taking the lead?" Jemal raised an eyebrow at Ethan before walking through the gate, sniffing to see if the monster had any of the cops blood on it that could allow him to find the beast.

Perception (1d20+10=28)
ooh.. if you're not gonna use it can I save that for the next perception roll I need? :P

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Postby deathsap » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Ace
HP:4
The Missing Piece/ Dr. Clement Persuasion 9 (Pre +11) = 20 Well-informed
Is it part of a name for a place or something? / who is Dr C 1d20+20=40 A crit on probably not :P

Ace heads over to the restricted experiments floor with his new key card, to investigate the missing equipment.
Ace looks for signs of a brake in and talks to people about what they might know about what went missing, what it may be used for and if they've seen anything suspicious.
Investigation 5 (Int +3) = 9 1d20+9=15
Persuasion 9 (Pre +11) = 20 1d20+20=26
Good Luck!

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Ethan and Jemal

Ethan, from examining the corpses, was able to figure out that the cops were killed at the very spot. Both dead officer's eyes were wide open, as if they were "scared to death". For sure, they were killed by something internally, like some form of hemorrhaging or severe concussion. As for sensing any form of magic in the area, there was absolutely NONE except for what came from Jemal. As for Jemal, he began to hear something moving in the woods nearby. The rustling of the leaves and the snapping of twigs was very unusual for the area.

It was then that a scream came from the direction that the gate lead to. The scream was, for sure, coming from a teenage boy. Could it be this "Harvey" that went missing?

Ace

From what Ace could remember, The Missing Piece was a well-known night club that some of his co-workers went to on their nights off. As for Dr. Clement, Ace did not recognize the name. All this went through Ace's mind as he entered the restricted experiments floor. Upon reaching the floor, he immediately found out that there was a perfectly circular hole in a window. The rain poured through the hole in the window, puddling on the floor just in front of the window. As for finding any scientists there, there were none in the vicinity; however, it was evident that there was a rush in getting whatever they were after out the hole and to exit the premises quickly before any security could catch them.

Common Terms I will use:

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:12 am

Jemal
The vampire's form seemed to blur as he moved with supernatural speed towards the source of the scream.

Assuming that the rustling is from the same direction as the scream, Jemal rushes there at full speed.. If it is not, then Jemal would suspect a trap, and after moving out of sight range will turn into Shadowmist form and circle back to find what's causing the rustling.

And yes I know he's leaving Ethan behind, but in the first case he doesn't want to waste time and in the second.. well, you're bait. :p

Return to “M&M Game Room”