Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Another day seems to end in Starlight Bay. As the sun set behind Mt. Gelene, the city life seems to spark as lights begin to flare up everywhere. The constant hustle-and-bustle of the city, however, seems to not end as a virtually endless amount of people continue to pass each other.

The local news, on the other hand, seems to be the same everyday: dead teenagers involved with the "Fantasy Gangs" by means of bloody skirmishes. It seems to be in different spots all over the city, and there is no possible connection to these battles. Will these wars never end?

Jemal and Ethan Blackstone:

The Blackstone Apothecary sits as always in Starlight Bay's slums. The shop itself is fairly common on the outside. Jemal seems to be browsing along and enters the store about an hour before closing. Nothing of interest seems to catch Jemal's eyes as he looks through the shelves.

Ethan, who just happens to be in the back of the shop, was looking through a book that caught his sight. It was a book about some magic rituals that could possibly work with his magic. He could sense a being of dark magic in the storefront and another magical being just outside the store who seems to be coming in.

Jemal then notices a girl in a trench coat and a witch's hat heading toward the store counter where Ms. Lang was preparing the cash register for the next day. The enigmatic girl asks Mrs. Lang, "Can you help me? I am looking for something like this." and hands Mrs. Lang a scrap of old paper. Mrs. Lang's eyes widen and says "You had better leave, young miss! You do not know what you are dealing with here!?" Ethan can hear what Mrs. Lang said from the back and heads toward the front to see what is going on. "I think you should." the girl in the witch hat said as her eyes began glowing a strange purple and lifts her and toward Mrs. Lang. The next thing Mrs. Lang knew was that she was regurgitating her lunch all over the store front. "What about now?" the girl said.

Abberant and Halcyon:

Abberant was in the back alley of the Ace of Spades Casino. He had just dealt with a scuffle between two of "The Hoodlums" and was relaxing just at the corner. With is constant state of "Evolution," Abberant kept under cover as he kept his hood over his head and fact to avoid anybody from turning face and running in terror. It was here that Abberant saw a couple of goons with crossbows enter the casino through the back door...

Halcyon was dealing a set of cards at his table of Blackjack. The night was like all others: many bet, some lost too much, some won some, and the rare case of a Jackpot; however, this night was different as a couple of young adults, wearing clothes bearing the "Dwarf" gang, entered the casino and sat at Halcyon's table. They play a few rounds of Blackjack when, all of a sudden, a crossbow bolt strikes one of the three goons and falls to the floor, creating a pool of blood on the beautiful carpet. Behind Halcyon, a group of thugs with crossbows are rushing toward your table, bolts pointed at the other thugs at the table, who are currently pulling out long knifes and short swords and charging into the fray.

Ace and Visionary:

Visionary, who had just finished his lectures for the week, decided to head to Blaze Corp's main building. He had just joined the last tour of the day and saw the facility's many floors that are to be in public view. Many things caught his interest, especially one of their custom-made telescopes inside the building. Certainly, there were many utensils of education that Visionary could use for his lectures.

This was when Ace, the Blaze Corps poster boy, ran through the tour group and into a nearby office bearing the following words: "Lincoln Blaze, CEO." Ace had received word that Mr. Blaze would like to see Ace for a special project. Inside, Ace had taken his seat as Lincoln, having blazing red hair and goatee, sat in a comfortable chair just on the other side of an ebony desk. "As I have told you, I have a project that I must ask only you to do. Recently, I have been receiving messages about thugs stealing some computer equipment from shipments between this building and the storage facility. I need you to see who is doing this and stop it at once. I have a bad feeling about this, a VERY bad feeling."

It was just then that one of the tourist, who just happened to be wearing a trench coat, threw off his coat to reveal his upper, well-built body and his mechanical right arm with a shovel instead of a hand. The massive man then began charging toward the office of Lincoln Blaze and burst through with ease. Catching Lincoln and Ace by surprise, the massive man grabs Lincoln by the collar, lifts him up, and asks in a deep voice, "Where is the proto-type? NOW!"

OOC: All three sections are ready. React how you see fit. For combat, roll initiatives; for conversations, roll for Deception/Intimidation/Persuasion; and so on.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby jemal » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:44 am

Jemal

Jemal had never been very adept at magics beyond his natural vampiric abilities, but recently he had been paying them more attention. With his powers being at their weakest since the Old Kingdom, he may need to start supplementing them.. or perhaps he could find something to help more quickly restore his..
XeroKhan wrote:Jemal then notices a girl in a trench coat and a witch's hat heading toward the store counter where Ms. Lang was preparing the cash register for the next day. The enigmatic girl asks Mrs. Lang, "Can you help me? I am looking for something like this." and hands Mrs. Lang a scrap of old paper. Mrs. Lang's eyes widen and says "You had better leave, young miss! You do not know what you are dealing with here!?" Ethan can hear what Mrs. Lang said from the back and heads toward the front to see what is going on. "I think you should." the girl in the witch hat said as her eyes began glowing a strange purple and lifts her and toward Mrs. Lang. The next thing Mrs. Lang knew was that she was regurgitating her lunch all over the store front. "What about now?" the girl said.


Well, that was rude.. and certainly not natural.
The ancient vampire recalled for a moment the greatest human challenge he'd ever faced, a Samoan warrior.
As he walked up the isle, calmly returning the book he'd been gazing at to its place on the shelf, his dark complexion lightened and his form grew and expanded. As he came around the corner, he has assumed the form of the greatest warrior he knows.

"Now?"
Image
He stepped up behind her, glancing with mild distaste at the mess on the counter.
"I think now it's time to go, missy."

Using Blood mask to assume the form of a Samoan Warrior. This is his default 'intimidating' form.
Skill mastery Intimidate = total 30.

User avatar
deathsap
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 am

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby deathsap » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:30 am

XeroKhan wrote:This was when Ace, the Blaze Corps poster boy, ran through the tour group and into a nearby office bearing the following words: "Lincoln Blaze, CEO." Ace had received word that Mr. Blaze would like to see Ace for a special project. Inside, Ace had taken his seat as Lincoln, having blazing red hair and goatee, sat in a comfortable chair just on the other side of an ebony desk. "As I have told you, I have a project that I must ask only you to do. Recently, I have been receiving messages about thugs stealing some computer equipment from shipments between this building and the storage facility. I need you to see who is doing this and stop it at once. I have a bad feeling about this, a VERY bad feeling."

It was just then that one of the tourist, who just happened to be wearing a trench coat, threw off his coat to reveal his upper, well-built body and his mechanical right arm with a shovel instead of a hand. The massive man then began charging toward the office of Lincoln Blaze and burst through with ease. Catching Lincoln and Ace by surprise, the massive man grabs Lincoln by the collar, lifts him up, and asks in a deep voice, "Where is the proto-type? NOW!"

Ace
Ace calmly and puts on his gloves and walks over.
Ace: Put the man down before you get yourself in trouble there. I don't know what Proto-type your talking about but man handling people will just cause more trouble for yourself. If you put down Mr Blaze I'll hear you out, and I'll do what I can to help you. If not I'll see you go down as a terrorist attacking a government contractor can easily seen as terrorist activity.
Fascinate (persuasion) Persuasion 9 (Pre +11) = 20 1d20+20=35
opposing check(Insight or Will defense) vs entranced
Good Luck!

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby Sakuro » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:23 pm

ABERRANT
HP: 1
Cond.: Healthy
Loc.: Ace of Spades Casino


Aberrant's pig nose sniffed at the air when he caught sight of the goons. Crossbows? Has to be Elves. Deciding to see what they were up to he followed, waiting a beat for them to pass the door before slipping in behind them. He closed it gently, then proceeded to stalk the group from shadows as they made their way to the casino proper.

Initiative: 1D20+12 = [19]+12 = 31

He'll be using Skill Mastery to take 10 on a Stealth check, result of 25, to try and take the thugs by surprise when he does attack.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

Lost_Scholar
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby Lost_Scholar » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Halcyon
HP:1 LP: 5
Condition: Peeved

At first, Jimmy was generally happy to see the Dwarf gang members drop in. Many of them were a bit on the slow side, though tended to be sore losers as well. As long as his knack stayed under control, he might rake in a bit for the house and keep things a just another calm day in Starlight Bay.

The appearance of the crossbow totting thugs changed all that. Damn. Hopefully they are just here on gang business and not after me. Either way though, we need to end things as swiftly as possible so there's less mess for me to clean up, Jimmy thought to himself.

Jimmy dives for cover behind a nearby table, and draws upon his gift to direct misfortune at one of the crossbow wielding thugs.

Initiative (1d20+16=32)

On his turn, Jimmy will move to cover at a nearby location. Then, will be using catastrophe on one of the Elf gang members. DC 23 Toughness, Subtle 2. Trying to cause damage with nearby furniture or such.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Ethan Blackstone

"Agarion mork'darius bretha... bredha... Confound it! Blood on the d@mned rune. Stain ruins everything! Can't translate the rune, can't figure out what the darn verse means." Ethan grumbled as he held the scraps of paper that served as a translation guide next to the open tome. It was an ancient affair, bound in some manner of hide with little on it's covers save etched runes on the spine and a symbol emblazoned in blood red on the front - a five pointed star bound in a circle. It had been a notebook regarding the affairs of a 12th century illusionist whose name Ethan had trouble pronouncing, but he hoped that there would be some manner of information in here that was real. Most of it appeared to be nonsense, but there was a few sections where the author seemed to know what he was talking about. And Ethan was trying to decipher these sections. Unfortunately, with the stain, he couldn't tell whether the rune translated to an "ah" or an "ai" sound. And while this may not really seem like much to most, the slightest mistake in intonation could completely change the spell's effect, which could have drastic consequences given that this was a True Name manner of spell.

"Wait a second..." Ethan paused, and scratched at the stain with his fingernail. Bringing up the detritus closer to his face, Ethan peered at it, an eyebrow raised. In a moment of impulse, he tasted it, and frowned. "Is that.. is that ketchup?!?" he muttered aloud, incredulously. "How in the world..."

He didn't get a chance to wonder how ketchup could have gotten into a tome written by a 12th century Zoroastrian madman who wrote in a language that Ethan was pretty sure was still dead when the author was writing A shiver ran down his spine, and an overwhelming sense of dread fell upon him. His hair stood slightly on end, and he glanced up towards the door to the store. He was aware of a being of dark magic present in the store, but given how he hadn't heard any screaming or shouting, he was rather unconcerned. It was likely just that ghost that kept walking in to stare at itself in the magic mirror on display. Besides, it wasn't doing any harm, and hadn't broken any rules to his knowledge, so Ethan let it be.

But no, he had already noted it when it came through. That was a few minutes ago. What was making him feel edgy now? Ethan put down the translation guide, slipping a silk ribbon between the pages of the tome and closing it before heading towards the door. As he walked towards it, Ethan extended his senses forward, trying to get a feel for what was going on. He felt two mystical presences, one the dark force from before, and a new one. 'Hmn,' he thought. 'Probably just another practitioner, trying to get herbs for a potion. Mrs. Lang can handle it. Buuuut... best to just check up on the store anyways. The book's not going anywhere.'

Then there was the shout from Mrs. Lang, and Ethan decided the if that tough old biddy was raising her voice, he had better see what was going on. He moved through the rather cluttered hallway, curious as to what was going on. "What is it? Someone ask for a mandrake again?" he asked halfheartedly as he opened the door, pushing his glasses back up to rest evenly on the bridge of his nose. He then took in the scene as the elderly Mrs. Lang began to vomit all over her prized counter. He stared in shock. Mrs. Lang never let her counter get dirty in the slightest. She made sure to brush any dust off it as quickly as it settled, and made sure it was perfect, better than factory conditions. Ethan gaped at the sight of the elderly Asian lady regurgitating all over her prized counter. He then noted the girl in the trenchcoat and rather cliched witch's hat with eyes that seemed to glow a strange tinge of purple.

"Oh shit." he swore, unsure of what in the world was going on. 'How could any practitioner do that?' he wondered. He did nothing as a tall, very muscular Samoan came up behind her, putting his hand upon her shoulder. Ethan wasn't even sure what was going on, trying to figure out what the hell had just happened. The faint glow of the setting sun fading behind the mountain came in through the corner of his eyes as a slow and steady fear began to creep up on him, primal instinct warning against the darkness that comes with night. Ethan gulped, the door swinging shut behind him as he watched the vomit pour from Mrs. Lang, and the girl who might have caused it. A practitioner? Definitely. And for once, Ethan wished he hadn't left his own coat and staff in the back room. He felt a little vulnerable without the tough enchanted cloth or the hard elder wood in his grasp. But there was always the heavy pistol behind the counter... Ethan tensed.

What in the world was going on?

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Jemal and Ethan:

The witch-looking lady scoffed at the Samoan and cast a spell on him...

I rolled a 16 and she has a HIGH Insight, thus she passed. With her Nauseate spell, Jemal needs to make a Fortitude DC 22, else he suffers from: D1: Impaired (Upset Stomach), to D2: Disabled (Horrible Stomach Pain), to D3: Incapacitated (Vomiting Profusely). *D# = Failure by XX Degree. Will be using this from now on.

Any other ideas?


Aberrant and Halcyon:

Initiative Order:

Halcyon: 32
Aberrant: 31
Elf #2: 17
Dwarf #1: 13
Dwarf #2: 13
Elf #1: 7
Elf #3: Dead (You'll see why due to his EFN [see signature for term explaination])


All of a sudden, one of the crossbows suddenly malfunction and shoots out, ricocheting off of a slot machine and pierces one of the Elf's eyes, causing him to fall backward and almost beside the hidden Aberrant...

Both living Elf thugs do not spot Aberrant, thus he will get a surprise attack on one (or both with a spent HP from Aberrant). Until then...


"Ah, s#!t, Cid's dead! Let's get out of here, Biggs!" one of the Dwarf thugs says.

"D@mn it, and I had a winning hand this round too! What did Cid have, Wedge?" Biggs asked.

"I have no clue, and I do not care! We need to get out of here!" Wedge said.

*Biggs checks out Cid's cards to be the winning hand*

"Well... F***."

TO ALL: You will see these two A LOT more in this game. They are for some comic relief if anything. If you go after them, I will GM Fiat their escape. Only warning.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby Sakuro » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:57 pm

ABERRANT
HP: 1
Cond.: Healthy
Loc.: Ace of Spades Casino


A body flopped on the ground near his hiding spot. Dead. Face concealed by his ashen gray hoodie the vigilante's lips curled back revealing a mishmash of teeth. Some looked like they belonged on a python, others a shark, and still others seemed decidedly feline. With a hop he braced himself on the top of a slot machine with one hand and threw out both feet into the back of one of the crossbow wielding Elves. On landing he leaned forwards, one hand drawn back as if he were ready to pounce and swat the third Elf like a lunging tiger.
Are these Elves Minions? If so Aberrant will use Power Attack -5 Atk/+5 Dmg, and take 10 to attack Elf #2. Result of 17 attack and DC 28 Tough.

He has Takedown 2, so if they're Minions and he drops the first one he gets an attack on the other Elf if he's within 30 ft. If they aren't Minions, here is a die roll:

Attack Elf #2 PA -5 Atk/+5 Dmg: 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20 DC 28 Tough
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Aberrant and Halcyon:

They are minions. Also, the first's Toughness was not low enough to take him out, thus Takedown is ineffective this time.


Aberrant's kick landed right on the Elf thug's head, making him fall unto the ground with the momentum and making him drop his crossbow. The other Elf thug raised his crossbow and fired at the attacking vigilante, but missed. That was when the two Dwarf thugs, Biggs and Wedge, left the casino with such haste that it even surprised Aberrant. Then, the other Elf thug grabbed the crossbow and also shot at Aberrant, but missed as well.

"Looks like I need to step in." A voice said. Then, a couple of steel wires come barreling toward Aberrant and grab him faster than he could react to them. The cords began to crush Aberrant with great force. Then, coming through the doorway that the Elf thugs came through was a teenager in a long trench coat that the steel wires came out from.

This new combatant just hit Aberrant, thus Aberrant needs a DC 25. He is no thug if he can deal THAT much damage. Also, Aberrant needs to make a Strength/Sleight of Hand DC of 25 as well to escape the grip of the steel wires. Originally, you would have needed a Dodge roll, but it was a surprise, so both Aberrant and Halcyon gain an HP.

Back to the top: Halcyon is up.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Lost_Scholar
Henchman
Henchman
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby Lost_Scholar » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Halcyon
HP: 2 LP: 5
Condition: Fine

Halcyon looks at the pair of (now very apparent) Elf gang members by the door, as well as the new comer from his vantage point behind the roulette table. It seemed someone else was there as well, working to take out the Elves, but not someone Jimmy recognized. He cringed slightly at the downed elf, he probably deserved it, but fatally bad luck is never fun to witness.

Turning his mind back on what to do next, his eyes focus back on the trenchcoat clad Elf. "Better see if his future holds misfortune, eh?" he asks himself, as he draws on his ability.

Using Jinx power on the teenage elf that just entered. Subtle 2.Will DC 18 to defend/resist.

Also, if possible, would like to use Streetwise to see if Halcyon recognizes the Elf newcomer from past run-ins with the gang. Expertise Streetwise (1d20+6=21)

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby jemal » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Jemal felt the magic twisting at his insides, and growled it away. "I'm afraid my dear that your Parlour Tricks will have little effect against me." his voice was low but his words precise, clearly indicating that though he was angered he was still in control of his emotions.

Fort (1d20+10=22)
Xero - I'm assuming that my morph only lasts so long as I'm using that portion of the array, correct?
I'm also assuming I probably don't have my sword with me at the moment...
I completely blanked on how I would hide him carrying around a sword.. no sleight of hand or stealth..

So, I forgot to do this last post. Well informed checks:
Investigation: Girl, Ethan, Mrs. Lang. (1d20+12=21, 1d20+12=15, 1d20+12=30)
It says investigation or persuasion, not sure if you have special circumstances for when I'm allowed to use Persuasion for well informed, if it's applicable then all the numbers will be 3 higher.
The witch-girl: 21(24), Ethan: 15(18), Mrs. Lang: 30(33)
.. Of course I'd roll best on the old lady. :p

Anyways, sorry the OOC is so much longer than the IC, but I'd like to figure out what Jemal knows and see if Ethan has any reactions before I take another (possibly combat-inducing) action.
.. Although on that note, could I set a readied action to attempt to interupt her with a Grab attack if she casts another spell?

PS Kenmadragon, I'm fairly certain Jemal is the other 'dark presence' that Ethan can sense.

User avatar
Spam
Hireling
Hireling
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby Spam » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 am

Visionary

Alexander watches the scene unfold, his vision penetrating the intervening walls. He searches for a vulnerable spot while he makes his way towards the shattered doorway.

setting Variable sight power to Penetrates Concealment and Rapid. Doing an Aim and an instant Perception roll with Rapid Analytical sight. Taking 10 for a Perception of 25.
Last edited by Spam on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, eggs, sausage & SPAM!

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Blackstone

Ethan was still frozen, watching as the giant Samoan growled at the girl. He could feel their auras from here, one the tingle of a practitioner with malignant intent, the one he had just sensed. The massive giant of a man, probably the darker presence he had sensed before, and mistaken for a ghost. Definitely wrong on that one. Ethan watched as the girl just turned, and with a flick of her hands, sent built up magical energy washing over the giant. It barely fazed the man, and Ethan just gaped. The thing was resistant to magic. The girl seemed pretty accomplished though, but Ethan hadn't heard of any one at that level in town. Ethan glanced once more at Mrs. Lang, and winced. She was still keeled over the counter pouring out her lunch. Worse, she was still in sight of the girl, and if something happened, the girl could try and make whatever was wrong with the poor old woman even worse. Ethan grimaced as he moved.

He kept his eyes on the two, and darted for the counter. Grabbing a jar on his way, Ethan brought Mrs. Lang down behind the counter, shoving the jar into her hands before she vomited all over him. Then, ducked behind the counter, Ethan fumbled open the drawer and drew the Smith & Wesson M1911, a handgun Mrs. Lang kept as a memento from her late husband. Granted, it wasn't his usual pick for a handgun, but lemons and lemonade. Crouched behind the counter with the old Mrs. Lang puking into the jar, Ethan called out to the other two in the store, "I've got a gun, and I am not afraid to use it. Now, I don't want any trouble, so if you would just get the hell out of my store and not break anything, none of us will get hurt." He glanced up at the mirror behind the counter, checking for the girl and Samoan in the reflection. Knowing Mrs. Lang wouldn't clean the gun or unload it, the pistol would still be loaded with the silver and steel amalgam bullets he had used when a lupine theriomorph had crashed through the front door a few full moons ago. Damn furry bastard. Ethan hoped the bullets would be somewhat effective if he needed to use the gun. "Now get the hell outta my damn store! I'll.. I'll call the cops!" Ethan shouted.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Visionary and Ace:

The massive man growled a bit in his throat. His grimace turned to Ace. "Fine." he said as he put Mr. Blaze down, who did not even flinch at the massive man. The glare of the said massive man did not falter from its direction facing Ace. "I am looking for an experimental prosthetic eye. Last I was told, it was in the prototype phase. I was sent to collect it. Now, where is it?"

Visionary was able to see everything unfolding. Looking at the massive man, Visionary was able to quickly deduce with his eyes that his prosthetic, shovel-shaped arm is able to be removed.

Jemal and Ethan:

Jemal was able to remember a few things: first, he recognizes the owner, Ethan Blackstone, but not much other than that; The "witch-girl" has some magic that Jemal recognized from his past, magic commonly called "Witchcraft," a sort of magic form that deals with harming the target's body or even transform it permanently depending of the witch's magic form. The third, Ms. Lang, there is not much he knows about her other than her being able to run the Blackstone's store by herself with ease. Not much other than that.



"Look, I just came for one some simple items on that list there. Once I have them, I am out of here." The girl said with impatience in the sound of her voice. With curiosity, both Ethan and Jemal glimpse over at the paper that was on the counter (that thankfully was not covered in Mrs. Lang's lunch) and it was a list of what both readers recognize as a recipe for something, but Jemal knew right away what it could be. In his past, Jemal has heard briefly of an ancient stone capable of doing anything one could imagine. Jemal had already investigated it, but discarded the thought of using it due to his immortality. The ingredients on the list are the alchemical ingredients for the fabled and legendary...

Philosopher's Stone
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Starlight Bay- Chapter 1 (3e)

Postby Sakuro » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:58 pm

ABERRANT
HP: 2
Cond.: -1 damage res., Dazed, Fatigued next round
Loc.: Ace of Spades Casino




Aberrant grunted when the cable initially hit. Muscled flexed under his roomie hoodie, and with an upward hooking motion from both arms he broke free of their hold. Once again able to move freely, if shaken by the blow, he reached out the leathery hands to grasp hold of the cables before the could withdraw. With a solid yank he lurched left, then right trying to smash his attacker first into one wall and then another.

Using Extra Effort to get a second Standard Action. Then attack Trench Coat twice.

Power Attack -2 Atk/+2 Dmg: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16 DC 25 Tough if either of those hit.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests