Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Metrotown: The Guard's post

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:44 am

Everyone feel a compelling need to give the purifier away for half price to the captain, he seemed like a nice fellow. However the three blink quickly, realizing that there was no reason to give the purifier away so cheap! Michael makes a few quick calculations and concludes that 10,000 caps is a good deal. Almost too good to be offered outright.

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby deathsap » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:27 am

David Ryder

David Ryder: You seem like a nice fellow sir, but it's up to my "violent saviours." Mr.T and Mr Dunn. I'm new to this world so I don't really know how much a cap is worth, never mind a water purifier.

Insight [4] 1 (Awe+7) = 12 1d20+12=26 Using insight to "evaluate" dose he seem trustworthy?
Mind reading Effortless, Cumulative Subtle 1d20+6=17
Good Luck!

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Metrotown: guards outpost

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:56 pm

David tries to read the captains mind but he finds it hard to do. All he gets is a repetitive melody, sees that the man has noticed his attempts and is countering his efforts. He says nothing about it however.
The captain seems a man of his word and will likely give them what he promised, as far as David can tell.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Metrotown: wasteland s pride

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:05 pm

The ghouls tell Burt about their business. They are treasure Hunters, not like Tom Michael and Sigma, who hunt stuff that can be sold because it has some use, but instead things like old posters, cards, for historical stuff with historical value. When inquired why, the ghouls say they are pretty old, as old as a ghoul can get, perhaps even more than a hundred years old. They remember how things used to be and are willing to pay for the retrial of such items. They tell Burt that there is an old city a few miles away to the south, that they think has a lot of stuff in good conditions. They warn him that mutants have been spotted there.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Sigma
HP 1 -> 0
Caps: 0
CONDITION: Fine

Evolución wrote:On the other side of the tavern, Sigma inquires the soldier. He frowns and takes a side glance at her. "Why do you care civilian?" he rebuts dryly.

"Usually, when a soldier enters a bar, they are either celebrating or mourning. Seeing as you are not giving any cheers with your men, I take it that you may have lost somebody." Sigma replied to the soldier. She then takes the seat across from him and continued her speech, saying, "Look, I can look into something for you, and keep you anonymous if need be. If it is a group of bandits that killed a friend, then I can get revenge for you, and so on. So, what seems to ail you?"

Persuasion Roll: 1d20+3=11;
Let's re-roll that: 1d20+3=18;
the second roll is over 10, so it replaces the first roll. So, Persuasion attempt is at 18.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Metrotown: wasteland s pride

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Evolución wrote:The ghouls tell Burt about their business. They are treasure Hunters, not like Tom Michael and Sigma, who hunt stuff that can be sold because it has some use, but instead things like old posters, cards, for historical stuff with historical value. When inquired why, the ghouls say they are pretty old, as old as a ghoul can get, perhaps even more than a hundred years old. They remember how things used to be and are willing to pay for the retrial of such items. They tell Burt that there is an old city a few miles away to the south, that they think has a lot of stuff in good conditions. They warn him that mutants have been spotted there.

"A old world city, I think I'd like to see that." Burt says, "I'll have to see which of my associates would be up for it, but I think I can convince them to give it a shot, especially if the money is right for those of them less interested in history. Thanks for the warning about mutants, I'll keep an eye out for them while I'm looking for decent souvenirs to bring back. So while I wait for my companion to finish her own business, would you mind sharing some a few stories about the old days?"

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:12 am

Tom Dun

"10k, is plenty. We got plenty of other stuff to sell, that you can haggle hard over. At the moment i don't mind taking a little less, to help out the settlement. Anyone who offers more, isn't gonna be helping anyone." Tom shook his head, and dismissed the feeling.

"While i got your ear, we came with some refugees from the vault, good folk, i'd like you to take 'em under your wing, they should be able to keep the purifier running and do any repairs if anything wears out. "
    Insert witty comment here.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Metrotown: Wasteland's Pride

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Sigma:
"The ghouls. I'm assigned to keep an eye on those three." The soldier wobbles his head towards the group of ghouls speaking to Burt. "Its boring, ghouls can stay for days sitting there doing nothing, so I'm also sitting here watching. I saw you enter with that guy too." he must be referring to Burt. "Not a good idea to ask me for a job if your boyfriend is a ghoul-friend. "

Burt:
"Wanna hear old stories? Alright, where should we begin?" says one of the three.
"At that time we believed life was hard, you had to wake up at 8 every day, go to a place and work for 8 more hours and then you got to pay bills, buy stuff -boy I miss that- There were places you could go to buy anything you wanted! From water to liquor to fruit and meat. Fruit! I remember the last pineapple I ate."
"And there were no mutated predators, no sir. Wildest thing you could find on the streets was a mad dog."
"No riders either, criminals perhaps, but not organized psychos with guns."
"But at some point, China-USA relationships went from bad to worse. We thought a bunch of rise eaters didn't have the right to tell us what to do." begins another. "Everyday dick-measuring behaviour." adds the third. "So long story short, nuclear war erupted, every mayor city was destroyed. I don't have to tell you we lost."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Metrotown: Guard's outpost

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:22 pm

"Perfect, I'll send my boys to take them here. You are all good news today Tomas! One last thing, I'd like you to take the device to the mayor at the Station, we are quite understaffed. I'll send Grath and Mike with you, for some extra muscle, should anything arise. Any last question?" The captain raise to his feet.

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Metrotown: Wasteland's Pride

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Evolución wrote:Burt:
"Wanna hear old stories? Alright, where should we begin?" says one of the three.
"At that time we believed life was hard, you had to wake up at 8 every day, go to a place and work for 8 more hours and then you got to pay bills, buy stuff -boy I miss that- There were places you could go to buy anything you wanted! From water to liquor to fruit and meat. Fruit! I remember the last pineapple I ate."
"And there were no mutated predators, no sir. Wildest thing you could find on the streets was a mad dog."
"No riders either, criminals perhaps, but not organized psychos with guns."
"But at some point, China-USA relationships went from bad to worse. We thought a bunch of rise eaters didn't have the right to tell us what to do." begins another. "Everyday dick-measuring behaviour." adds the third. "So long story short, nuclear war erupted, every mayor city was destroyed. I don't have to tell you we lost."

Burt nodded, "From the sound of it, Everyone did. I mean when you start chucking nukes around there doesn't tend to be a last man standing. For all we know somewhere on the opposite side of the world someones saying the exact same thing. It sounds like the world was pretty nice Pre-war. Must have been hard watching it all go up, then watch people fight over the rubble."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Metrotown: Wasteland's Pride

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:20 pm

"Yeah. People do desperate things in desperate times." the eyes of the ghoul seem to be far reaching into his memory. You wonder what kind of things must have someone like him see in the past. You also wonder what's the deal with these creatures, they do justice to the name, but besides some interesting abilities like radiation immunity and extended life spawn, you know nothing about them.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:09 am

Michael shakes his head as if awakening from a daze - It felt like someone had just been inside his mind.. coupled with the urge to sell for half price and the captain's oddly good deal, he figured he knew what was up.

"Great point, Tom. 10 K is a good deal, but that wasn't my main concern. I'd like t'know how mucha the clean water's gonna trickle down to regular folk. Jus'tell me you aint gonna sell it at outrageous prices only the rich can afford, and I'm good t'go."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Metrotown: The Guard's post

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:39 am

The captain shrugs. "I can't give you any certainties. I'm not the one making the decision here; you should speak with the mayor. He is a fair old man, I wouldn't think he'll do that. But that's just the impression of an old soldier."

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:10 am

Michael nods to the captain with a tip of his hat and prepares to leave for the mayor, checking if everyone else is ready.

deathsap
Cohort
Cohort

Postby deathsap » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm

David Ryder
David seems quite happy with this deal.
David Ryder: Thank you for your help sir, by the way what's the mayors name?
Good Luck!

Return to “M&M Game Room”