Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby Plan B » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Tom Dun

Tom sighed "Is Hum here? Its about a working water purifier. Figure he's the bloke i want to talk it." He asked "I don't much care how clicky water gets, rads don't bother me one lick.."

Persuade 1d20+7=15
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Sigma
HP 1
Caps 0
CONDITION: Fine


"Alright, there's the old man over at the bar, the Brotherhood guard there, and a group of Ghouls over at that table. Pick your poison for a job." Sigma said to Burt. As for Sigma herself, she began thinking things out. "So, considering the three possible jobs here, the one with the most caps is most likely the Brotherhood guard; but for exploration and looting possibilities, the old man seems to be my best option. As for the Ghouls, I'd rather not need to deal with more of them than I want. So, it is merely a decision between the other two for me. The old man it is."

She then approached the bar and sat in a seat. There was one seat that seemed to separate this old man and herself. When the bartender asked if she wanted anything, she declined saying that she was there only looking for work.

Persuasion roll: 1d20+3=17; Sigma will indirectly try to get this old man's attention for work by speaking with the bartender.

Also, an Assessment roll: 1d20+3=22; OH COME ON! That COULD have been a critical roll. Oh well. This Assessment is for the old man.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Metrotown: The Guard's post

Postby Evolución » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 am

"Who the hell these guys think they are? In the old days I'd just riddle them with bullet holes, but can't say being a guard is worst than a raider... Guess I'd call the old captn'." The guard thought.
"Aye, the cap's here alright." he took a long glance at Tom, eyeing him from head to toe. "Creepy ghouls..." The guard walked into the post, and a few minutes later he walked out again. "Get in, he'll meet ya."
Inside, you see more armed guards going on their daily stuff. There's an improvised cell on the right side of the big central room, which is dominated by a desk, behind which sits Captain Hum. He has some stripes of white hear in his black cropped hair and beard. He crosses his fingers in front of his face. "The guard told me you wanted to talk about a water purifier hm? Take a seat, and tell me about it."

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Burt considers the two other possible job sources and decided he'd talk to the ghouls. While the idea of decaying radioactive intelligent zombies was a little weird to him, he didn't like the way they were being shunned by the staff and other patrons. It reminded him of people in the vault who wouldn't acknowledge his presence unless they needed a roach killed, because his job was considered filthy and disgusting.

Besides after what some of his fellow vault Dwellers had ended up becoming he could overlook a minor skin condition.

Burt walked up to the table with the three ghouls, "You folks mind if I join you?"

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby Plan B » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Tom Dun

"Short story as you look busy, we got one. Undamaged. And we're giving you first refusal. Make me a reasonable offer its yours." Tom said leaning on the chair.
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Metrotown: Wasteland's Pride

Postby Evolución » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Sigma's drama queen performance doesn't seem to interest the old man. Her complaints about lack of work, poor work conditions and such fall into deaf ears, the man seems to be waiting for something or someone. Her expert eye can tell this man has rarely seen a fight, and couldn't even get to her heels in a hand to hand combat.

The ghouls eye Burt suspiciously. "I guess not, unless you come to mock us, as most softskins do." one of them says. The one to his right puts an elbow on the table and leans forward, studying Burt. "You are a Vault dweller aren't you boy?" This seems to call the interest of the other two ghouls and the nearby patrons, who eye Burt with interest.

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Metrotown: Wasteland's Pride

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Evolución wrote:Sigma's drama queen performance doesn't seem to interest the old man. Her complaints about lack of work, poor work conditions and such fall into deaf ears, the man seems to be waiting for something or someone. Her expert eye can tell this man has rarely seen a fight, and couldn't even get to her heels in a hand to hand combat.

The ghouls eye Burt suspiciously. "I guess not, unless you come to mock us, as most softskins do." one of them says. The one to his right puts an elbow on the table and leans forward, studying Burt. "You are a Vault dweller aren't you boy?" This seems to call the interest of the other two ghouls and the nearby patrons, who eye Burt with interest.


"Used to be until recently...What gave it away?" Burt replies, slightly on edge with the sudden additional attention.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Sigma
HP 1
Caps 0
CONDITION: Fine


Seeing that the old man did not even notice her, she noticed that this man kept looking at the door, as if waiting for somebody to waltz in to speak with him. Seeing that Burt, speaking with the Ghouls, is doing a better job at a conversation than she, Sigma then decided to try the Brotherhood soldier.

"Why would a Brotherhood soldier be in here?" Sigma thought to herself, and decided to approach the man. "A Brotherhood soldier in these parts? What brings you here?" Sigma asked.

Persuasion roll: 1d20+3=23; NATURAL 20! Auto success.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
deathsap
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 am

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby deathsap » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 am

David Ryder

David looks a bit pale holing his fire extinguisher tightly
David Ryder: Yes like Mr Dun said it's in good condition and we thought you'd be the man to talk to about it. Clean waters always good.
Mind reading Effortless, Cumulative Subtle 1d20+6=18
Good Luck!

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Metrotown: The Guard's post

Postby Evolución » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 am

"That's great news. I can offer you 10.000 caps for the device, providing that it works as you say." The captain says, crossing arms around his chest.

Will save: 24 You can't read the captain's mind.
I will need a will save from the three of you.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Metrotown: The Wasteland's Pride

Postby Evolución » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:13 am

"Well, the jumpsuit kinda did." the ghoul replies mater of factly. "Besides one can tell by the look of out most confusion on your face." the other adds. "Yeah that too. Grab a seat, tell us your story softskin."

On the other side of the tavern, Sigma inquires the soldier. He frowns and takes a side glance at her. "Why do you care civilian?" he rebuts dryly.

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Metrotown: The Wasteland's Pride

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:40 am

Evolución wrote:"Well, the jumpsuit kinda did." the ghoul replies mater of factly. "Besides one can tell by the look of out most confusion on your face." the other adds. "Yeah that too. Grab a seat, tell us your story softskin."


Burt joins them at the table. "From what I understand my story isn't that unique. Grew up in a vault, spend my whole life in a contained little world doing my job, killing rats and roaches mostly. And then whatever crazy mad science the Vault Tech people had planned for the vault started up and suddenly the whole place is knee deep in monsters and dead bodies. I was one of a few that made a break for it, ran into some folks looking to search an unspoiled vault for salvage. We managed to clear out the place and gather up the survivors. Now I'm just looking to make my way in the world. So what brings you three to this place? The locals seem to be doing their best to ignore you and pretend you ain't here."

User avatar
Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby Plan B » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 am

Will save 1d20+6=20


Tom Dunn

"Good enough, i'll go remove the explosives, while you sort the caps. " Tom offered his gloved hand to seal the deal.

"I'm leaving some vault dwellers in town, nice folk. They'll be able to keep it maintained." He added
    Insert witty comment here.

User avatar
deathsap
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 am

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby deathsap » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 pm

David Ryder

David Ryder: I guess that's a good deal ? Saying that I don't know much about this sort of thing.
Will save 1d20+7=21
Mind reading Effortless, Cumulative Subtle 1d20+6=11
Good Luck!

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Fallout Chapter 2: Brave new World

Postby jemal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:05 am

Michael stepped forward, interrupting the shake
"Now hold up there, pilgrim, it ain't just yours to deal. I got some concerns about this transaction and the consequences, if y'don't mind."

Didn't wanna post too much depending on what the will save might be about.
Also Mike's doing a little arithmetic in his head trying to figure out if 10K is a good price for the device.
Will save; Appraising Value? (1d20+6=22, 1d20=1)
ee... um...
Appraise reroll (1d20=13)
OK, so will save 22, appraisal is 13.. wasn't sure what to add.. Expertise: Trader would make it a 17, Tech or Investigation would be a 18, Insight would be a 19, or Persuasion (Based on Well Informed gather information perhaps?) would be a 23.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests