Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

D&D: On Hold

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: D&D: No Humans Allowed! (3E Recruiting Closed)

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Just to make sure everyone realizes how expensive it was to get in the city.

A loaf of bread is something like... 9 coppers. An apple is 4 or 5 coppers.

A good hot meal, with an alchoholic beaverage? 1 silver.

A night at low class inn 1 silver, a high class in 5 silver.

So yes. You all are experienced adventurers to have 100 gold on hand.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:34 pm

I was thinking that it sounded like a lot of money. :D
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:47 pm

I have had this campeign built for over a year.

I am so excited to play. I keep hitting refresh over and over...
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby whiteprofit » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:16 am

Wow! I missed so much. Currently traveling but I will have my feet under me again tomorrow night. Sorry for any delay!
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby EPIC » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:24 am

This is quite the diverse group to be honest. We've got a true neutral drow, a Lawful neutral monk, a neutral good cleric/crusader(that I think is going to be a running gag of everything thinking she's a paladin or cleric, despite having no deity's holy symbol anywhere on her person), and those are the only three who listed alignments.

We otherwise have an ogre that seems to be lawful in nature (with that whole peace treaty thing), the merfolk captain who also seems lawful neutral, and Squee...who is Squee. He's obviously chaotic aligned, though hard to tell if neutral or evil on the other part of the axis.(But hopefully neutral. Chaotic evil could become a problem with all these other characters having at least one aspect neutral)

Actually, I'm pretty pleased with it. Morally, Silver's the only one not neutral on the whole good vs evil thing, and she's the type who doesn't so much care about the methods (which would be neutrality on lawful vs chaotic). SO as long as Squee doesn't turn out to be a raving psycho chaotic evil (as his picture would suggest lol) the party SHOULD get along FAAAIRLY well, with some minor disagreements between the lawful and chaotic members of the group (though Squee seems to be a tad outnumbered 3 to 1 on that, assuming I'm correct on my assumptions on the character's alingments based on what I know of each character, which is admittedly little), and Cheris and Silver sit on the sidelines as impartial to figure out which method would work best in any given situation.

Oh yeah, we're a pretty diverse team. I think Hound picked pretty well.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 am

I'd be inclined to agree. I see Charis and Silver eventually becoming friends, but the prejudice against the Drow by many "good" races has her on edge with her current misconceptions of Silver.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 am

That's actually one shocking thing, is that despite being raised by elves, Silver hasn't shown any particular animosity towards Cheris. She may have admonished her like, once on the ship in regards to the treatment of her slave, but that's likely about it.

I see them eventually becoming friends too, or at least trusting enough to watch each others backs (I almost typed wash lol)
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:47 am

A mutual trust is probably a good way to describe it. I don't see Charis having any real "friends", although it's possible.

She normally treats her slave very well, she's just mad at her right now for losing her prized possession.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 am

That being the case, Silver may have tried to strike up conversation pointing that fact out to try and break the ice. xD

Silver may appear cool as ice, but she's not antisocial. (after all, she's got fair ranks in Persuasion and Deception with a fair Presence score)

On another note, I am just about done with my edits and spending those last few points...

Gave some ranks in Survival for camping and such, but she's not much of a hunter, it's strictly basic skills (only 4 ranks). Gave her a Cleric Spells array slot with two signature cleric spells: Sanctuary and Zone of Truth. Each was pretty cheap, only 7 points, so they both fit into a single array slot. She can't use both at once obviously since they are standard action to use and concentration so a standard action to maintain, but they have their uses.

I thought about giving her some skill with a bow (ironic that despite the first pitched ideas containing mostly ranged characters, we end up with next to none) but I simply don't have the points to make that viable without dropping something else. Which MAAY happen...but not sure yet.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:06 am

I was actually contemplating a ranged attack for Charis's Bladesong. She swings her sword to make a sharp sound through the air, uses magic to make it deadly and then another flick of the wrist to deflect it in the direction of an enemy.

It's kind of cool how close a Bladesinger can be to a bard. She is already set up as a kind of "evil" bard spell array.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby EPIC » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:23 am

So basically a soundwave slash? That sounds wicked cool.

I ended up dropping Silver's Religion skill, she really isn't that kind of cleric/crusader/wannabe paladin, and I really kept bleeding points from it anyways, and gave her some skill with a bow, and then added a bow to her equipment as the base power for a weapon array (the only other weapon is her sword)

The bow is a masterwork composite longbow, which can use 2 points of her strength in the damage and has a rank of accurate (for the masterwork part), making her a little more accurate with the bow, but weaker. The bow attack is PL6.5, doesn't fully hit caps, but that's fine.

I'm pretty happy with this finally build.
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:02 am

So far I am quite happy with the diversity. I am also happy so far with how people are introducing themselves and establishing their characters and personalities.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Sent this to Hound, was asked to post it here for additional review.

I think I figured out a good way to do her Darkfire:

Ranged Affliction (Resisted by Will; Stealth Impaired and Vulnerable), Extra Condition, Limited to One Degree • 1 point per rank (probably should be Perception range, but I'm not familiar with how it works in the fictional books)

What do you think?

Darkfire is the Drow racial ability (sometimes referred to as Faerie Fire, for whatever reason).

By the way, I already mentioned the "Soundwave" slash that EPIC likes. If anyone could review Charis's powers and tell me if they have another thematic opinion on them, I'd appreciate it. (By the way, Hound, what do you, as the ultimate authority in the matter, think about it?)
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby timothy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:55 pm

The obvious choices would probably be a healing effect or various elemental attacks (lightning linking in a stun effect, water freezing, wind knocking back, fire doing damage and earth slowing or paralyzing).

More interesting could be a confusion effect or an area effect redirection-type effect (causing foes to attack one another).

Going along the bardic line you could add some buffs or de-buffs (nothing that changes pl upwards, but still leaves haste, regen, sharper senses, luck control, etc).

There is a remarkable range of possibilities, you could easily be the utility player on the team.
Last edited by timothy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:31 pm

The only thing that saddens me is that we never got a caster application that worked with the group dynamic I was trying to make.

The drow is the only one who can make arcane checks, so I will have to rework some puzzles...
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room