Ultimate Iron Man's Armor

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
mactavish
Comrade
Comrade

Ultimate Iron Man's Armor

Post by mactavish » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:40 am

Does the Ultimate's Iron Man have armor that varies greatly from that used by previous incarnations of Mr. Stark?

It seems to me that the Ultimates make a much bigger deal about real-world physics and such than typical comic books... and I seem to recall something about having to recharge the Iron Man armor. Would that qualify for the Uses Flaw? Would that apply to the whole Armor power or just to Flight, Energy Blast, etc.?

What the heck did Iron Man use to disable the Hulk in issue 5 (?)? I think it was some kind of sonic "mind scrambler," but I'm not sure. Would that qualify as a Energy Blast [Sonic], Mind Blast, or something else?

Finally, I recall Tony Stark having Matrix-like plugs all over his body to interface with the armor. Would you classify that as some kind of Flaw, Weakness, or special effect?

Thanks,

mactavish out.

Marshal Law
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Ultimate Iron Man's Armor

Post by Marshal Law » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:28 am

mactavish wrote:Does the Ultimate's Iron Man have armor that varies greatly from that used by previous incarnations of Mr. Stark?

It seems to me that the Ultimates ... and I seem to recall something about having to recharge the Iron Man armor. Would that qualify for the Uses Flaw? Would that apply to the whole Armor power or just to Flight, Energy Blast, etc.?
I'd say that he used extra effort more than once (in order to keep that ship from crashing in an inhabited area), thus becoming fatigued (or even unconcious, for all intents and purposes), and the re-charge from the national power grid represented spending a hero point to overcome the fatigue.
mactavish wrote:What the heck did Iron Man use to disable the Hulk in issue 5 (?)? I think it was some kind of sonic "mind scrambler," but I'm not sure. Would that qualify as a Energy Blast [Sonic], Mind Blast, or something else?
I'd probably call it a "Stun" power.
mactavish wrote:Finally, I recall Tony Stark having Matrix-like plugs all over his body to interface with the armor. Would you classify that as some kind of Flaw, Weakness, or special effect?
I don't se it as being any more of a flaw than the armour already has from the "device" flaw. I certainly don't see it as a weakness - what does it stop him from doing?
HAWK-Girl: Init +9; Melee: +8/+8; Def: +8 (Ff +2); Saves T/F/R/W +8/+5/+5/+5

mactavish
Comrade
Comrade

Post by mactavish » Sun May 29, 2005 6:29 pm

As a follow-up to my initial post, has anyone been reading Ultimate Iron Man? I am pretty keen on deciphering this storyline, particularly the bits about the bio-armor, the superior intellect, and (once we see it) the actual Iron Man armor itself.

Any thoughts? Any readers?

mactavish out.

Animax
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Animax » Mon May 30, 2005 1:04 pm

Well if Stark is seen with the plugs, that would count as a disturbing flaw I would think.

BlueDevil
Bystander
Bystander

Post by BlueDevil » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:23 am

mactavish wrote:As a follow-up to my initial post, has anyone been reading Ultimate Iron Man? I am pretty keen on deciphering this storyline, particularly the bits about the bio-armor, the superior intellect, and (once we see it) the actual Iron Man armor itself.

Any thoughts? Any readers?

mactavish out.
I have read the first issue and I was very impressed and looking forward to reading issue #2 when I go to the comic book store on Thursday.

darktouch
Hero
Hero

Post by darktouch » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:40 pm

Animax wrote:Well if Stark is seen with the plugs, that would count as a disturbing flaw I would think.
Or maybe it'd be a benefit.. since you need those plugs to use the armor, you aren't going to have someone else using your armor against you... though you still can't use it yourself.