Variable Equipments power

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Master Pelle
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Master Pelle » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:13 pm

Hello, this must be my first time or second time... that I posted this board. I have recently created this new power. This power may be like as other power in this board but mine is little diffirent. This power is like Gadgets powers but diffirents is that player equipments last much longer than Gadgets and it have restrication to change the item unless you bought one of the extras.

Variable Equipments
Cost: 2
Action: By power
Duration By power
Saving Throw: By power
You can equips variable equipments to your adventures. Before you start playing the game, you must decide which equipments that you like to start with, you can get up to 2 power points per Variable Equipments level and device flaw are already count in. You can split up those power points for variables equipments. But to change your equipments in the middle of adventure you must access to your homes, headquarters or vehicle and it cost a Heroe Points to change it. But to keep the game in balance, player should't change their equipments no more than that two times, unless they run a pretty long adventures they can change their equipments more times. GM can let their player change their equipments for free at special situation. Player can always change their equipments in every new adventures.

EXTRAS
Expanded Equipments: You can equips more than that 2 powers points per level. Each extras increase the cost of the powers by one (so 3 points per ranks, 4 points per ranks, etc.)
Total Access: You have always access to equipments, so that mean you can change your equipments at everywhere but it always cost one Heroe Points. How you get access to equipments it could be that you hidden those equipments at everywhere, get those equipments from you known, or you have incredible luck to find thing you need.

FLAWS
Limited-One Type: You are limited to one type of equipments, example chemicals, sensors, weapons, etc.
Random Equipments: You don't real know what you have equipment with. Player can't decide what they will equipment in the game so that it leave to GM to decide what player should equip. GM can equip player with not so useful equipments but GM can equip player some useful equipments that could use in the adventures.

heratyk
Bystander
Bystander

Postby heratyk » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:34 pm

You might want to look at the "Gadgets" super power, which does basically what you're looking for. I like the idea of an extra that lets you immitate a power of more than 2pp/lvl, though.

Master Pelle
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Master Pelle » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:55 pm

I know that but Gadgets device last for one scene while this Variable Equipments last until the game is over unless you decide to change the device.

Dr. Nuncheon
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Dr. Nuncheon » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:05 pm

Master Pelle wrote:I know that but Gadgets device last for one scene while this Variable Equipments last until the game is over unless you decide to change the device.

Gadgets last until you decide to change them as well - there's no restriction like what you describe in either the main book or the errata.

J

grahf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby grahf » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:11 pm

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the base power seems kind of weak compared to Gadgets. Instead of paying 2pp/rank, you could just buy Gadgets and take the Hero's Luck feat once, then use that extra hero point to set your equipment at the beginning of each adventure.

Of course part of it depends on what you rule the duration of the normal gadgets are. Steve said

2. Does each round of use require a hero point expenditure, or is it a hero point per use/scene?
Per "scene," essentially. It's 1 Hero Point each time he changes Gadgets into another power, regardless of how long he uses that power.

so make of that what you will. Personally I play that Gadgets reset at the same time Hero Points refill, typically at the beginning of each session. Individual definitions of "scene" may vary of course.

Master Pelle
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Master Pelle » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:22 pm

Ok I have changed the power and I have counted up all the effects type that this power contain.

Gadgets power
Effects: Variable Effects
Flaw: Device

Effects: Variable Effects
Effects: Starting item for free
Effects: Expanded Power
Effects: Free for getting new stuff if been stoled or lost.
Flaw: Device
Flaw: Restrication (Location)
Flaw: Resctrication (Limited device)

Variable Equipments
Cost: 2
Action: By power
Duration By power
Saving Throw: By power
You can equips variable equipments to your adventures. Before you start playing the game, you must decide which devices that you like to start with, you can get up to 3 power points per Variable Equipments level and device flaw are already count in. You can split up those power points for variables equipments, but it must be least two devices and they may not have have higher level than 3/4 of Variable Equipments level (rounding up). But to change your equipments in the middle of adventure you must access to your homes, headquarters or vehicle and it cost a Heroe Points to change it. Player can always change their equipments in every new adventures. If player ever lost or been stoled all their equipments, they may get their new equipments for free.

EXTRAS
Expanded Equipments: You can equips more than that 3 powers points per level. Each extras increase the cost of the powers by one (so 4 points per ranks, 5 points per ranks, etc.)
Total Access: You have always access to equipments, so that mean you can change your equipments at everywhere but it always cost one Heroe Points. How you get access to equipments it could be that you hidden those equipments at everywhere, get those equipments from you known, or you have incredible luck to find thing you need.

FLAWS
Limited-One Type: You are limited to one type of equipments, example chemicals, sensors, weapons, etc.
Random Equipments: You don't real know what you have equipment with. Player can't decide what they will equipment in the game so that it leave to GM to decide what player should equip. GM can equip player with not so useful equipments but GM can equip player some useful equipments that could use in the adventures.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”