i need help building a ball/sidekick thingy

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
telekinetic-spiderman
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

i need help building a ball/sidekick thingy

Postby telekinetic-spiderman » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:01 am

im in the proses of building a character.

hese a transmuter with telekinetics and such but he has a partner in a ball

thats confusing lol

his partner is based on the bowler from mystery men, the bowling ball, only he can comunicate with it, and its a large ball of glass that he can transmute and shape. it can move by itself very fast, but other than that, he controles it movement and form.

it can see by itself only( as in not any other sence), but can see in infered and ultraviolet as well as normal sight.

the character can also transfer his conssious into the ball, leaving his body with the mind of his partner , but he controles when he returns to his body and he takes his super powers with him
he gains all his sences when in the ball, and has a mental link with his body/partners mind.

the ball can fly and is considerd an inanimat object in means of imunitys and such, the only thing differing it from an inanimat object is it has the consience of his partner in it.

can someone help me build this ball?
I AM QUANTUM,
all inanimat matter is at my control!!!!!

PsychoBlonde
Henchman
Henchman

Postby PsychoBlonde » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:08 am

Ball Sidekick: PL 9 (assuming a decent leadership score)

Str--
Dex--
Con--
Int 16
Wis 16
Cha 12

[-14 points for stats]

Hardness: 12 (glass? this replaces damage save for inanimate objects, but it is ablative . . . when the object fails a save the hardness decreases by 1) [12 points]

Weaknesses: Deaf, Paraplegic [+20 points for weaknesses]

Immunities: Aging, Crits, Disease, Exhaustion, Poison, Pressure, Starvation, Suffocation [16 points for immunities]

Mental Link: Partner, Darkvison, Detect: Infrared, Ultraviolet, All-Around Sight [10 points]

Flight +9 [18 points]

Possession +9 [9 points]
Limited--mind transfer, limited--one target (the partner)

I think this about covers it . . . although you might need some kind of extra under the Possession to indicate that the character keeps his (assumingly mental?) powers when the transfer takes place. And it looks like your ball has some points left over for other stuff like skills and maybe another power. Plus I didn't account for base attack/base defense etc. It may not need those, up to you.
O it is Excellent to have a Giant's strength, but it is tyrannous to use it like a Giant.
My Blog

grahf
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby grahf » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:47 pm

To be technically correct it should be the character who has Possession since he initiates it, but unless he'll ever come into conflict with the ball and have to forcibly possess it, he could get by with Possession +1 and the two previously-mentioned flaws, costing a grand total of 1 pp. :roll:

Realistically though I think PsychoBlonde's writeup is spot on. Assuming you'll be starting at PL 10, the ball could have up to Hardness 14 (5 + PL) if you wanted since it has a ton of extra points to spend. That would be appropriate if by "large" you mean greater than 13 inches in diameter, or if it's made of Plexiglass or some other material stronger than average glass. The Super-Flight power stunt might also be appropriate depending on how fast "very fast" is. Those are just details though.

The main thing would probably be to talk to your GM and find out exactly how he intreprets the text in Possession regarding "mental" powers. I read it to mean that a character could bring along his TK but not any (hypothetical) Protection or Super-Strength, but you might need to apply the Mental extra to your main character's powers if he feels differently.

PsychoBlonde
Henchman
Henchman

Postby PsychoBlonde » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:34 pm

I think you're right about it being the character who needs the Possession. It would make more sense, but he only asked for help designing the ball, oh well.
O it is Excellent to have a Giant's strength, but it is tyrannous to use it like a Giant.

My Blog

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”