Is this right?

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Old Sparky
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Old Sparky » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:03 pm

PsychoBlonde wrote:The Tick has a decent Int, it's his Wis that's 5. His Cha's probably a 20, too.

The Tick has decent intelligence? Are we talking the same Tick who chose "SPOON!" as his battlecry and Little Wooden Boy as his replacement sidekick?! :shock:

If you ask me, a 5 Wisdom is about right... but Tick is only barely functional in the Intelligence department!
Any leaps of logic that he successfully makes should be considered the result of a spent Hero Point!!

mgg
Superhero
Superhero

Postby mgg » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:08 pm

Old Sparky wrote:
TerraFan wrote:You get your base strength added to attack bonuses for melee and unarmed, NOT super strength. The same is true for ranged combat. Super Dex does NOT add.

While true, it seems a little unbalanced in that Super-DEX adds to Defense.

To see the full text of the latest version of this debate, check out the How do you gain an attack bonus? thread just a little ways down from this one.

Rubber Band Man
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Rubber Band Man » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:42 am

Oops, I forgot about the Tick too. But I tend to put any character in that series into a category of it's own. I just don't see the heroes from The City interacting well with mainstream comic heroes.

Personally, I don't have a problem with players in my group 'min-maxing' stats because I've made the characters for them. They told me exactly what they wanted, I made the numbers. (Since this was their first time playing the system, allowing them to make a point based character themselves would have been confusing and unrealistic for them). Before I started running the game I read some of the suggestions I found on these posts about such things. (I think Arcady for one has some great thoughts on his site.) Really helped out. Anyway, this is totally off the subject of this post, which was about what numbers get figured into other numbers, so I'll stop now. :wink:

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”