A couple of things I'd like clarified

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Katallos
Bystander
Bystander

A couple of things I'd like clarified

Postby Katallos » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:53 pm

1. Is equipment restricted by power-level?

I'm building a character (http://www.obsidianportal.com/character/66522) who is more or less a normal guy with superhuman driving skills and a really cool spy car like the one from Spyhunter.

I understand that for vehicles you purchase movement rating with pp, hardness is "free" and equal to the vehicle's highest attribute, armor costs extra, and any feats/powers/weapons cost extra. The whole package gets the device flaw.

So is the whole car limited to a number of points equal to powerlevel, is its max rank in a single attribute equal to powerlevel, or do I have to purchase ranks in "spy car" and then get some sort of pool to build the car?

2. When combining powers as extras and adding flaws is the minimum cost 1pp or pp equal to the total number of powers combined?

My other character (http://www.obsidianportal.com/character/66147) is a living weapon who can morph his form into various offensive and defensive structures.

One of his abilities is that he can morph his arm into a shield that can absorb and deflect attacks. In mechanical terms decided to combine the protection power with the slow flaw and the deflection power as an extra. That brings the power points to 2/rank (2 protection -1 slow flaw +1 deflection as an extra) Would it be possible to take an additional flaw such as duration or degrades to reduce the power point cost to 1/rank for the combined power or is the minimum 2/rank since there are two powers combined here?[url][/url]

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”