D&D levels to M&M1e PLs

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Shadowdragon
Disciple
Disciple

D&D levels to M&M1e PLs

Postby Shadowdragon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:21 pm

How do D&D levels translate into M&M1e Power Levels? Is it a direct translation, so a level 6 character would be PL 6 in M&M1e? If I want to run a D&D campaign that starts characters at level 1 using the M&M 1e rules should the characters start at PL 1? Will 15pp be enough to create the equivalent of 1st level D&D characters?
"The Shadow shall rise across the world, and darken every land, even to the smallest corner, and there shall be neither Light nor safety." - Robert Jordan

My Web Site - http://shadowdragonlair.fortunecity.com

Katallos
Bystander
Bystander

Re: D&D levels to M&M1e PLs

Postby Katallos » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:57 pm

I would say that due to the classless points based system that M&M uses there isn't a direct translation between power level and level/cr. Take a look at the example characters in the book and you'll see what I mean. The fighting types have a Base Attack Bonus of approximately 1/2 their PL which is equivalent to the Wizard's in D&D. A lot of the characters don't have many skill ranks, most of their skill comes from super abilities and such.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”